Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 20:29   #1

Question: Patna to Sasaram (or NH2)

Hi New Friends,

We are visiting relatives in Sasaram (Bihar) during our trip to India. Just before the Sasaram visit, we will be in Kolkata, and so we are trying to figure out the best way from Kolkata to Sasaram.

For various reasons, two common options are not possible: 1) we cannot take the train from Kolkata to Sasaram and 2) we cannot drive the full way on NH2. Therefore, we are planning to fly into Varanasi and drive down NH2.

However, it is much easier and cheaper to fly into Patna. Is it possible to drive from Patna to Sasaram? How long will the drive take, and is the road as good as NH2? If not, what conditions are the road in? I'm finding on Google that NH98 goes from Aurangabad to Patna, but there seems to be a break in the highway near Patna.

Thanks for your help!
Old 5th October 2009, 14:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hi pcpano,
Did you travelled to sasaram from Kolkata? can you please update the road conditions of the route taken by you, if at all you covered it by road.
Old 6th October 2009, 15:51   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi pcpano,
Did you travelled to sasaram from Kolkata? can you please update the road conditions of the route taken by you, if at all you covered it by road.
I did this stretch recently on my Aveo.

From Kolkata , the NH2 is excellent except for three negligible sections, Pannagarh, Isri bazar and Bagodar.

I started from Kolkata at 5AM and crossed Sasagram by 3PM, with 1.75 hours for breakfast,refuel and lunch breaks.

Please let me know if you need any other information.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Fly into Patna from Kolkatta. Kingfisher Red, Jetlite, Indigo and Air India operate Daily flights.

From Patna Airport itself, go to Khagaul, Maner, cross the Son River on NH 30 to Arrah, proceed to Vikram, pali and onto Mohania. At Mohania you will join NH2.

The 40 Km stretch from Patna to Koilwar ( Son river bridge ) is bad otherwise the roads are good.

Last edited by desertfox : 6th October 2009 at 16:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks