Team-BHP - Pune to Munnar : need to go to Thrissur first
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Pune to Munnar : need to go to Thrissur first (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/66295-pune-munnar-need-go-thrissur-first.html)

Hi guys

I m doing Pune - Munnar - Pune in November 1st week.
The route i have thought is quite straight forward, though probably a little long.

Pune - Bangalore (840km / 11 driving hours)
Bangalore - Munnar via Coimbatore and Thrissur : what is the distance for this?

On the return journey, i want to get back to Pune asap. So, from Munnar, where shall i head to in the direction of Bangalore?

I might have a UV / SUV, so bad roads arent really a worry for me

I had done Mumbai-Kochi last year. My route was Mumbai-Dharwad-Bangalore-Palakkad-Kochi.
If you plan to drive continuously, take NH7 from Bangalore to Salem and from Salem, turn right to get onto NH47 to reach Kochi (via Coimbatore, Thrissur). This distance is 534 km.
From Kochi, take NH49 for Munnar. Distance 145 km.

On the way back, you can head east from Munnar and get onto NH7 from Dindigul which will take you to Bangalore via Salem. This is 510 km. You can also follow the maze through state highways which can help you gain approximately 110km, which I feel is not worth the trouble. Hope this helps.

There are routes which can bypass Bangalore for the return journey. That should save quite some time.

Mostly Msyore -> Kunigal -> Tumkur.

Though I am not sure of the road status.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BunnyPunia (Post 1503831)
Hi guys

I m doing Pune - Munnar - Pune in November 1st week.
The route i have thought is quite straight forward, though probably a little long.

Pune - Bangalore (840km / 11 driving hours)
Bangalore - Munnar via Coimbatore and Thrissur : what is the distance for this?

On the return journey, i want to get back to Pune asap. So, from Munnar, where shall i head to in the direction of Bangalore?

I might have a UV / SUV, so bad roads arent really a worry for me

Good roads,good speed and safe roads is what you looking for,then Pune-Belgaum-Hubli-Bangalore all along on NH4.Would be a good idea to take an overnight stay at Blore,would help you refresh your senses and a good night;s sleep.

Next day begin early,take BLR-HOSUR-KRISHNAGIRI-THOPPUR-Mettur-Bhavani-Coimbatore Bypass-Palakkad-Trichur.Shouldnt take more than 8hours.NH7:BLR-Thoppur & NH47-Bhavani-Thrissur.Do not go into Salem,because NH7 road widening is still in progress and the whole area is a big mess and plus an additional 40-60kms.

Return from Munnar,the easiest and recommended route is via Munnar-Marayoor-Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary-Udumulpettai-Tiruppur-Avinashi-Right Turn on NH47-Perundurai-Bhavani-Turn Left to Mettur-Thoppur-Turn Left at NH7-Krishnagiri-Blore.Take a night stay and start next day morning for Pune.The roads are in good condition and no diversions,pretty straigh forward roads.

For stays preferably stay on the outskirts on the ring roads as that would save you time & the stress of negotiating BLR traffic.

Cool! Thanks all.
My plan is to do Pune-Davanagere in first leg. Night stay at Davanagere.
Leave next day and do Davanagere-Bangalore-Thrissur : I know this involves 12-13 continous driving, but im ok with that.

Likewise, on the way back, continous drive from Munnar to Davanagere in 1st leg