Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 17:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naren_gs1 View Post
Sawyer,
You might want to give Dive agar a thought. Its a clean, wide, long shallow/safe beach.
Rgds
It was once on my top places to visit, being the closest to Pune. Some folks I know came back disappointed with the facilities/food. If a rethink is suggested, a 2010 trip, before summer sets in!
Old 13th November 2009, 17:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Sawyer you can check my Trip Log of my visit to Diveagar, we found a nice place which served good food. It was called Maitreya, you can find other details in my travelogue.
Old 14th November 2009, 21:10   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Or take the Phondaghat road that is also scenic with the lake on the right for long stretches going down from Kolhapur, if you can accept some poor road surfaces between Kolhapur and Radhanagari for a 50kms stretch.Choices, choices!!
Sawyer, moving away from your travellogue with my questions to this thread. Apparently some bridge has been washed away on the route from kolhapur to talere naka via gaganbawda thsi monsoon. Ashish Pallod has been kind enough to post this info. So the other option is Radhanagari. The route from Kolhapur which I am getting for this is the SH 130, then to SH133 and lastly to Sh 116. Question is whats the easiest and least confusing hence fast way to get on to Sh 130 through the city from the NH4? I believe you went through the city before the rains via Gaganbawda and recently back to NH4 vi Phondaghat. So that is going to be easy for you to tell.
Regards

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 14th November 2009 at 21:14.
Old 15th November 2009, 15:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
So the other option is Radhanagari. The route from Kolhapur which I am getting for this is the SH 130, then to SH133 and lastly to Sh 116. Question is whats the easiest and least confusing hence fast way to get on to Sh 130 through the city from the NH4? I believe you went through the city before the rains via Gaganbawda and recently back to NH4 vi Phondaghat. So that is going to be easy for you to tell.
Regards
Not easy to tell! I asked my way through the city and would have to do just that again. Basically once you get into the city make sure you are on the road to Rankala the big water body that is a landmark. As you drive past it, ask the way to Radhanagari, it is not very complex, but one does need to take the couple of correct turns.
Old 19th November 2009, 08:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

Recent inputs on Sagar Sawali - the first one at Ladghar and the newer one at Karde beach. I am told both are equally good, the one at Karde is larger as a complex. Does anyone have any inputs as to what would be a better location? Which one is closer to Dapoli? And which one would be closer to the Harnai jetty where the daily auction happens? Not that there would be that much of a difference from either I suspect. Is Ladghar also a open to the sea beach?
Old 25th November 2009, 12:54   #36
BHPian

Just back from Murud (that too on my bike!)..so here goes some thoughts on that. Did not visit Karde (literally an extension of Murud beach) but Murud beach is pretty good itself.
Funny thing is everytime I went into the sea it looked as if the tide was low, anyways safe beach to swim in as its mostly flat as far as I ventured. Resort I stayed at is called Naad, its not bad but can do better. Proximity to beach is what I wanted and got, amenities are basic and some aren't that good but then you cannot expect a lot at those rates in Konkan.

Things to do? Dolphins. We did not see as the guy we called did not turn up. Sunday must have been a busy day as there were 30+ people staying there but we stayed sun and monday nights so had the whole place to ourselves. Just the sea-breeze and the roar of the waves to give us company. No beer unfortunately which would have made it perfect.

Visted Harne port/lighthouse, the auction was almost over so did not get a chance to see a lot of fish but got a feel of the place. Small boats can be rented which take you out to Suvarnadurga out in the sea with a guided tour.

On to Anjarle, the bypass road and the bridge on the creek between Harne and Anjarle is amazing! Not just the quality of the road but the views of Anjarle beach, lush green hills and the Harne port are breath-taking. There is a famous temple (Kadyavarcha Ganpati) on the side of the cliff. I absolutely shun temples/religious places but like to see some of the quieter places set amidst nature...Hedvi comes to mind as being similar to this one.

Roads taken -
Pune-Bhor-Varandh Ghat-Mahad bypass-Latvan-Palgad-Dapoli-Murud/Karde
Distance done 450kms overall - Distance from my home to Murud beach = 200kms
Resort rates - Rs 800 (2 beds) and Rs 1200 (4 beds)
Food - Rs 180 (Fish fry, prawns curry, rice, chapati, solkadhi)
Veg - Rs 75
Numb and swollen bums - free
Old 25th November 2009, 20:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update - sounds like a great place for a mid week visit! I am still trying to figure out where exactly Ladghar beach is with respect to Harnai, Murud and Karde, and I am guessing that Karde is south of Murud, while Harnai is obviously to its north. Any input? I did notice the bridge you refer to on google sat pictures, and it holds the promise of a scenic place even there, and I will definitely take a look.
When you mean no beer, does that mean it is not available anywhere in the area?? Any reason for that you were able to find out?
My route will probably be via M'war and Poladpur to Khed, I suspect that this will be the one with the best road surfaces.
Old 26th November 2009, 11:05   #38
BHPian

Well you probably don't have to worry if you are in a car, the bad patches are only a few kms in most places. As for Ladghar, I don't know but you are right that Karde is south of Murud and Harne is north (as is Anjarle - further north). When you reach a village called Asud on the road from Dapoli, you turn left for Murud & Karde. About a km or so ahead is a fork, the left leads to Karde and the right goes to Murud village. Inside the village I did not explore for any restaurent/bars but there was one outside near the fork but I prefer enjoying my liquids in a place closer to the sea but the resort did not allow any alcoholic drinks neither did it serve any. Well, maybe Goa next time for that part then ;-)
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Did not visit Karde (literally an extension of Murud beach) but Murud beach is pretty good itself.

Visted Harne port/lighthouse, the auction was almost over so did not get a chance to see a lot of fish but got a feel of the place.
Abhay, thanks for the update - we just got back and I am posting my travelogue separately. As you will see from it, you need to go back asap because both Karde and the auction are must sees!
I got beer from the shop at the fork and carried it to the hotel, as long as you are not rowdy, no one minds, so keep that for the next visit as well.
Also, thanks to Ashish Pallod for planting the Karde seed in my mind. It is an incomparable beach and I have posted pix and words in my thread on the visit.
Old 3rd December 2009, 12:00   #40
BHPian

Will check your thread..maybe I will go back in Jan/Feb after all the holiday crowd has gone home , lol.
Old 15th January 2010, 08:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Final and quick winter trip via e way/Khopoli

It now time to find out the best beach that is a short distance away from Pune, while winter is still not gone, and I am again looking for suggestions. I thought I will use the e way to get down to the Konkan this time, because that is by far the best quality route in terms of road surfaces.
Which of the three possibilities are good? Alibag, Kashid or Murud Janjira?
Old 15th January 2010, 09:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Preliminary research suggests Kashid as the place to go to. Any idea on good places to stay and eat there?
Old 15th January 2010, 11:09   #43
BHPian

@Sawyer .. suggest you go to Karde. Check out my travelog at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ind-karde.html
Should be around 220kms via Mahabaleshwar. It is a beach resort worth visiting.

oops.. just saw your earlier post and saw that karde is a been there done that for you.

Last edited by magiceye : 15th January 2010 at 11:10.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Preliminary research suggests Kashid as the place to go to. Any idea on good places to stay and eat there?
@swayer - Prakruti resorts is best choice for Kashid beach. There are other options available as well, but check out Prakruti. Also, a word of caution - Kashid is a dangerous beach and the currents are very strong. It is advisable not to go deep into water. There have been several incidences of drowning at Kashid. And yes, to go to Kashid, E-way is the best way to go.

takecare and drive safely
Old 27th January 2010, 17:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It now time to find out the best beach that is a short distance away from Pune, while winter is still not gone, and I am again looking for suggestions. Alibag, Kashid or Murud Janjira?
Sawyer did you do the trip? I've been waiting awhile for a new travellogue from you.
Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks