Team-BHP - Cleartrip - hotel booking
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Cleartrip - hotel booking (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/66754-cleartrip-hotel-booking.html)

Hi Guys,

I would be visiting Pondicherry this Dec end. I booked the flight tickets through Cleartrip for the same. I have done flight bookings through Cleartrip in the past so I was comfortable, however, I am not sure about their hotel bookings. Should I go ahead and book Hotel (Ginger) through cleartrip? Anybody has any first hand experience with their hotel booking facility?

I never tried with Cleartrip but know for sure Makemytrip hotel bookings are trust worthy.

Yep, I have had a great experience.

Booked my stay at Shirdi through cleartrip and their were no surprises.
Everything worked like clockwork :)

Perhaps if you want to be on the safer side, book on cleartrip and then call ginger pondicherry confirming that you have been booked.

cheers

You can do it thru ClearTrip or you can call up Ginger on their toll free number and do the booking.

Did a similar booking at Ginger last Thursday; things we off without a hitch.

But, do check the ClearTrip site, you might get a better deal.

A word of caution though - if you try to book using Ginger website, be very careful of what the final amount being charged to your card is displayed as. I tried to do a booking and the site actually doubled the rate and it was shown as the amount chargable.

I booked once but for stay in Sunnyvale California , Got a very good deal and payed in Indian rupees.

I think you are talking about the Cleartrip-Jetlite-Ginger offer?

If yes, I had recently booked the same for Nashik. Had a very pleasant experience. Clear communication from the CC executive and a smooth IVR process (credit card) to book.

Go for it!

Thanks a lot guys. Today I will book the hotel room for my stay. Also I will confirm with Ginger in due course to be on safer side.

@nishantgandhi: Its an independent hotel room booking. Not under any offer.

You can also try travelguru.com and if you have citibank card, you can get cashback too. And they have very good CC and very good prices.

I have used their services a lot and found them to be the best.

Thanks
Anmol

Once I was visiting Yercaud I was not able to get the accommodation directly by calling the hotel but through makemytrip it was there that toowith 10% off :)
I guess they give some quota to them
Every thing was smooth

About the discount thing:
My experience been i booked a hotel in Mumbai through MakeMytrip with a supposed discount. I went ahead with the booking and my stay.

The next time I thought of directly contacting the hotel rather than going through MakeMytrip which was still giving a discount. I got a better deal directly contacting the hotel than via website plus a better service than when done through Website.

You try the offer for same hotel in various websites: cleartrip, makemytrip, yatra etc and check with ginger website too. Then book at the site where you get the best deal. Once booking is done, call up ginger and confirm your booking. As many have suggested above, read the terms and conditions and double check the amount before authorizing payment.