Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 22:28   #1

Office Colleagues need a One day trip!

hey guys,

i was wondering if you guys can suggest a one day trip where we can leave early morning and be back by around 9 pm.... if you guys can suggest some good places with some water around it where everyone can feel a good and have a nice time..

my team here works on all days and getting a day off is a hard thing. so finally i got an approval for a day off and im having a tough time thinking of a place...

im located in bangalore.. so a good place to spend time for around 15 people will be really good... also, if travel time is really less, it can be great.

MOD: i found a lot of threads with related information, but none satisfied me. so please feel free to mod me if you need to... im still a noob here!
Old 10th October 2009, 00:01   #2
Team-BHP Support

Try the following:

- Hogenakal falls (through Hosur)
- Makedatu/Chunchi falls (through Kanakpura)
- Lepakshi Temples (through Bellary road; I just recently saw this in a thread)
Old 10th October 2009, 00:09   #3

How about some of the nearby clubs/resorts like Club Cabana or Eagleton or Guestline. These places have food, drink, games & swimming pool as well. Apart from these, you have the usual places like Nandi, Mekedaatu etc, but you will have to make all the arrangements for food, etc.
Old 10th October 2009, 22:10   #4

actually making the arrangements is not a problem for me, but i would like them to enjoy nature and have some beers while they are at it, rather than sitting in a club and just boozing away to glory..

thanks ampere for the idea.. thanks ra anirudh for the idea as wel.., really appreciate it. can you please give me more ideas?
Old 11th October 2009, 02:18   #5
Team-BHP Support

Another place which you can try is the Makali durga trek. What you need to is to take the Dodbellapur highway from Yelahanka. Go about 60KM and you reach this place called Makali. This is actually a railway station on the Hyderabad mainline. Park your vehicle at the station and walk towards Hyderbad along track. (Be aware trains will be on). About 2 km from the station you hit the Makali durga temple. Behind the temple starts the trek on top a hill and a ruined fort which is of low-to-medium toughness. Once you reach the top its an awesome view. You need to carry your own food and water. Nothing is available.

Check out these views.

The Makali station:
Office Colleagues need a One day trip!-dsc01040.jpg

Office Colleagues need a One day trip!-dsc01043.jpg

Office Colleagues need a One day trip!-dsc01049.jpg

Makali Durga temple:
Office Colleagues need a One day trip!-dsc01068.jpg

Office Colleagues need a One day trip!-dsc01096.jpg

Office Colleagues need a One day trip!-dsc01104.jpg

Near curve of the track is where the station is! (The first snap, from where we start)
Office Colleagues need a One day trip!-p1030313.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 11th October 2009 at 02:23.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2009, 09:24   #6
BHPian

Why don't you try any of the Jungle lodges nearby? Like Bheemeshwari, Galibore, Bannerghatta. You can plan it for a days program. You can enjoy nature and have time to relax as well.

Jungle Lodges & Resorts Eco Holidays
Old 11th October 2009, 10:30   #7

ampere.. good suggestion.. wil work it out with the guys in the team.. nice photos as well.....

redrage.. thanks for the idea.. feel stupid that i did not think about it
appreciate the info guys... the forum rocks as always!

Last edited by Eddy : 11th October 2009 at 11:42.
Old 19th October 2012, 20:24   #8
BHPian

Re: Office Colleagues need a One day trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Another place which you can try is the Makali durga trek. What you need to is to take the Dodbellapur highway from Yelahanka. Go about 60KM and you reach this place called Makali. This is actually a railway station on the Hyderabad mainline. Park your vehicle at the station and walk towards Hyderbad along track. (Be aware trains will be on). About 2 km from the station you hit the Makali durga temple. Behind the temple starts the trek on top a hill and a ruined fort which is of low-to-medium toughness. Once you reach the top its an awesome view. You need to carry your own food and water. Nothing is available.

Check out these views.
Hi, do one have to walk 2km from the railway station to reach the temple? Looks like there is a narrow road from SH9 to near that temple (around 900m from the road till what appears to be the temple) according to google maps. Is that motorable?

thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 20:31   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Looks like there is a narrow road from SH9 to near that temple (around 900m from the road till what appears to be the temple) according to google maps. Is that motorable?

Yes You can drive all the way close. Initially I thought its not possible.
Now I have driven many a time.

Hope you are referring to this stretch : Route Link

Here is a link to some recent snaps:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ml#post2935828

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Thank you, that is the road I am referring to. What would be the best way to make sure
I can easily identify this turn from SH9 (driving from B'lore). Is there any sign there?
There is no sign there. Do you have phone with maps and GPRS? If yes, then use Google maps. Thats the only way.
I used it. The pointers are perfect.

Last edited by ampere : 19th October 2012 at 20:37.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 20:35   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes You can drive all the way close. Initially I thought its not possible.
Now I have driven many a time.

Hope you are referring to this stretch : Route Link
Thank you, that is the road I am referring to. What would be the best way to make sure I can easily identify this turn from SH9 (driving from B'lore). Is there any sign there?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks