Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2009, 13:34   #1
BHPian

Back in a day trip from Mumbai - inputs solicited

I plan to leave Mumbai in the morning and return the same evening/night on Monday 19th. I intend to drive to a quiet place, enjoy the scenic beauty, have a simple lunch and return to Mumbai the same day (as Tuesday 20th is a working day).

I'll appreciate if fellow bhpians advise me on a few good places to visit this way, near to Mumbai. I have already visited Uran, Dahanu and Igatpuri for back-in-a day trips. If the roads are good ( as they have been in my trips) that will be a bonus.

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards
Old 21st October 2009, 14:04   #2
BHPian

Saw a Chevy test mule on way to Lonavla

I started at 6.10 am for my proposed day long trip to Tarapur, off NH8, beyond Boisar. However about five kms beyond the Ulhas river, I was stopped short by a long traffic jam ( saw a long line of double axled transporters queued up a furlong away), so decided to turn around and head for Lonavla, through Ghodbunder Road, the Eastern Expressway, ST Road on to the Pune Expressway.

My total round trip was 312 kms ( went upto the gates of Aamby Valley, off Lonavla). Lazed a bit, stopped to admire the winding roads and the greenery and the peace.

Stopping for breakfast at the Food Plaza on my way to Lonavla, came across this Chevy test mule ( not sure but might be the new Spark) and managed a few snaps with my cell. Pics posted in the Chevy Beat thread.

Back of the envelope calculations for FE foir the entire trip ( a mix of 130 kmph on the Pune Expressway, dawdling on the winding road to Lonavla, driving in second gear in bumper to bumber traffic near the Lonavla Railway Station and on my return through ST Road in Chembur and near IIT on the JVLR) gave me 15kmpl with the ac on.

Not too bad for a relatively heavier car!

Will post pics of the scenery once I've cleaned up.

Regards

Last edited by Dippy : 21st October 2009 at 14:24. Reason: Moving pics to the Chevy Beat thread and edited your post accordingly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks