Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 12:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Delhi-Nainital-Binsar route and fooding information

Hey team,

I am planning a 2-3 days trip to Nanital-Binsar this wednesday. Few quick queries are as following:

a) Best route ?

b) First and foremost how much time will one take to reach binsar? Is the route doable in 7-8 hours? I am planning to leave early morning i.e. 6 AM Sharp. In case it ain't doable in 7-8 hours then i am planning to stay at nainital for a day then move to binsar next morning which i believe is around 2-3 hours drive from nainital.

c) Foodie points for breakfast and lunch while we are traveling towards Nainital and Binsar and coming back.

d) Places to visit in Binsar and Nanital.

e) I would be staying at Club Mahindra Manipur village, where is it exactly ?

Cheers
Old 19th October 2009, 12:13   #2
BHPian

Binsar will take longer than 8 hours. It will take you close to 10 hours. Try and leave earlier than 6.
The Club Mahindra resort is a little away from the Binsar Bird Sanctuary and enough boards to get you there when you are nearing Binsar.
Old 19th October 2009, 12:26   #3
Senior - BHPian

So should I take a day's stay at Nanital to avoid any sort of stress ?? How much time will be taken to drive for binsar from nainital ??
Old 19th October 2009, 12:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ashish.

If You want to give Nainital a miss then then I suggest you go via Ramnagar (jim corbett) to Ranikhet and then to Binsar.

You will have to take a left as soon as the Moradabad by pass finishes ( place is known as Rampur Doraha) then proceed to Ramnagar via Thakurdwar and kashipur.

Ranikhet from Delhi should take you around 8 hrs via this route and Binsar from Ranikhet is another 40-50 kms. The route is much more scenic as its via the Jim Corbett Park and less traffic.

Have fun
Old 19th October 2009, 13:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update dheeraj, but somehow dosen't the route from to nanital via Kaladunghi a better one ?? I was going through other threads for nainital information where-in the Delhi-Hapur-Moradabad-Kaladunghi-Nainital is widely recommended.

What say ??
Old 19th October 2009, 13:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Yes its better if you have to visit Nainital, But as I said, if you can give Nainital a miss and go to Ranikhet and then Binsar direct, then this route via Ramnagar is better and shorter. Will save you some time also.

My vote would go for the route Via Ramnagar and Ranikhet, its super scenic.

Cheers

Edit: BTW excellent choice of a place. You would really enjoy the views from Binsar.

Last edited by deky : 19th October 2009 at 13:35.
Old 19th October 2009, 15:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

sarkar,

here is my tuppence. go via NH24 - take the corbett route (Y shaped diversion post moradabad bypass) for kaladhungi. PM tanveer for exact directions.

from kaladhungi you can go into haldwani then the nainital bypass then bhowali and onwards to binsar from almora.

Club Mahindra is the absolutely WRONG place. Its about 11km (IIRC) towards bageshwar from the entry checkpoint (binsar is 10+km up the hill).

Book KMVN or the FRH. Reach before sundown (start at 430am). The brilliant sky in KMVN and the amazing sunrise is worth it. Being on a totally different hill, CM wouldn't match Binsar.

APAD 090912 – Binsar @ My Daily Photo

Just a minor couple of the pics (am too lazy to post more )
Old 20th October 2009, 09:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info Dheeraj and himanshu.

Though somehow I feel this place ought to be one hell of the destination. Let's hope for the best

@Himanshu - Why is club mahindra a wrong place ?? Car to point out odds. I am talking about Log huts in binsar not the regular resort one.
Old 20th October 2009, 10:37   #9
Team-BHP Support

Via Nainital is the shortest route to Binsar, and the fastest as the road is very smooth.
So you go
Delhi-Moradabad bypass- Take U turn at end turn towards corbett - Go on corbett road, and turn towards Bazpur-Kaladunghi - Go to Nainital - To Binsar.
Moradabad to Nainital is 2 hours, 2 hours to almora and 40 minutes more to Binsar.
If you start early you miss the insanity at Garhmukteshwar, which leads to 5 hours jams as people turn into werewolves and howl on the road
Old 21st October 2009, 16:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sarkar,

If we sell you a lovely destination, and you stay 21km away - you will see pretty much nothing! What's the point of driving all the way then?
Old 22nd October 2009, 09:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Due to some un-avoidable official priorities had to cancel the trip

Sincere thanks to all who contributed.
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:13   #12
Senior - BHPian

Dear all,
We (me and wife) 've planned a trip to Binsar during the christmas holidays (25th,26th, returning on 27th), booked for 25th & 26th at KMVN and want to do this in our one year old Alto through hapur-moradabad-bazpur-kaladhungi-nainital route. Going through experiences of some of the people who 've already been to Binsar, i thought initially that the route can be covered by afternoon if we start early from Noida. However the fog factor was not in my mind & i am not too sure whether we can reach Binsar by evening (i think they allow vehicles to enter till 5.30 or 6 PM in side the WLS) if start after 6.30/7 in the morning. Managing leave on 24th doesnt seem to be possible as of now. My queries are:
1. In case we start on 24th late afternoon is there any good safe place on the way to break our journey for the night so that starting next day morning binsar can be covered comfortably.
2. Whats the exact route after kaladhungi-nainital stretch? Its through Bhowali-Almora route as i ve searched in the forums. It will be helpful to get some pointers for nainital-bhowali-almora-binsar stretch. Is there a bypass for almora city to go to binsar?
Thanks in advance for any help.
-regards,
Old 25th March 2013, 22:56   #13
BHPian

Re: Urgent: Delhi-Nainital-Binsar route and fooding information

Planning to goto Binsar and am looking for the best route from Gurgaon to Binsar. We atleast 2-3 routes mentioned here, can someone guide which is the best to take?
Keeping in mind -

- Road conditions
- Time taken
- Safety
- Scenic beauty.

Thanks.

Also - good eating points on the way.

Plan to start pretty early - around 4.30 am in the morning. so it will be Breakfast and lunch on the road.
Old 25th March 2013, 23:32   #14
BHPian

Hi Sach,

I will always vote for the afe route via Moradabad, Rampur, Haldwani, Bhowali, Almora. The Ramnagar- Ranikhet road, though beautiful, is very narrow and if you are not an experienced hill driver, it may be a little difficult. Not that the Bhowali- Almora route is any less beautiful.

Aim for breakfast at Gajraula (McD's, Dominos, Bikanerwala, Tadka, some others too) and lunch at Bhimtal/ Bhowali. Its a good 10-11 hours drive so leave early.

Best,
Tapish
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 14:58   #15
BHPian

got a call from the resort - telling me that holi is being celebrated in the hills of 28th and is not advisable to travel? Any comments/feedback? Has anyone driven on holi in Uttarakhand - how was the experience?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks