Hi everyone
started off from Lko yesterday at 4:45 morning
reached Ahmedabad at 10 in the night
It was an enjoyable and an excellent drive
Will keep you all informed
regards
Old 14th December 2009, 13:38   #47
BHPian

That's very good progress Gunjan. Keep it up. Once there, share details of journey at the earliest possible. I might just drive to Mumbai in this month itself on Christmas, though not yet finalized. Hence eagerly looking forward for your experiences.
Old 21st December 2009, 12:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvasant View Post
Hi everyone
started off from Lko yesterday at 4:45 morning
reached Ahmedabad at 10 in the night
It was an enjoyable and an excellent drive
Will keep you all informed
regards
Excellent. Please update us regarding the road conditions in the Kanpur-Jhansi section.
Old 21st December 2009, 14:27   #49
BHPian

Where are you Gunjan?. Plz update about your journey details at the earliest. I am too driving to Mumbai on this Christmas, so awaiting an update from you eagerly.
Old 26th December 2009, 12:30   #50

Hi folks
I reached Hyderabad yesterday night after driving through Mumbai, Pune, Panaji, Mangalore, Jog Falls (on our way back), Hubballi, and finally Hyderabad.
The trip has been excellent all the way. However, the road conditions are not very good Panaji onwards
But still, it's a nice and picturisque drive. Agreed you cant drive at blazing speeds (I managed Lko to Ahmedabad - 1200 km. from morning to late evening on day 1 of our journey). Yesterday it took me about 14 hours to drive from Shirali (a small village near Murudeshwara. This is where we have our holy Math) to Hyderabad. A distance of 780 km. Road was very bad till Hubballi (via Sirsi-Yellapur). Thereafter we drove via Gadag, Koppal, Hospet, raichur and mehboobnagar. The State Highway from Hospet to Mehboobnagar was good (2-lane) but with continous potholes and speed breakers at rehular intervals. I remember my vehicle having jumped about 4-5 feet at one speed breaker, that arrived without any caution. We were lucky to go ahead without any damage. Except for that, the entire trip has been excellent.
Now, I shall be driving to Nagpur and thereafter to Jhansi and Etawah.
Folks, please tell me how good or bad are the road conditions.
Thanks and regards
Gunjan
Old 27th December 2009, 18:32   #51
BHPian

Virar-Vapi-Surat will easily take not less than 4 hours. Are you kidding that it can be done in 2 hours?

In my accent we did this in 3.5 hrs. I am not super fast, but I maintain 90-100 KMPH always.
Old 27th December 2009, 18:51   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
NH7-NH63-NH17 is the direct option, except that it is bad between Gooty and Bellary most of the time/ You can avoid that by coming via Raichur to Bellary.

The route would be:
Hyderabad-Take NH7-Kurnool-Gooty-Turn off NH7 onto NH63-Guntakal-Bellary-Hospet-Gadag-Hubli-Yellapura-Ankola-Join NH17-Kumta-Honavar-Bhatkal-Kundapura-Udupi-Mangalore.

Distance Profile is:
Hyderabad-Gooty 300 kms-Hubli 300 kms-Kumta 40 kms-Mangalore 200 kms
Totals 840 kms

I think doing that distance in these kinds of roads is not possible even with an early morning start and no or limited breaks. You can try. If you want to take breaks, then Hubli and Kumta are appropriate stopovers.

Expect heavy iron ore truck traffic from Bellary to Ankola. Several bad road patches on NH17 in several places, but quite driveable, although avoid them after dark.
It is my sincere advise to everyone that please, please avoid the route between Guntakkal-Bellary-Hospet.

There is nothing called road. Forget about National highway. I had horrible experience in driving this route on rainy night. I stopped somewhere as there was no road and slept inside the car itself.

Even Gadag-Hospet is also not a good road. As mentioned lot of trucks carrying iron ore will really dare you.

I suggest the following route:

Hyd-Mehbubnagar-Raichur-Sindhanoor-Gangavati-Gadag-Hubli

The entire stretch is newly laid and generally good.
Old 27th December 2009, 19:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post
Virar-Vapi-Surat will easily take not less than 4 hours. Are you kidding that it can be done in 2 hours?

In my accent we did this in 3.5 hrs. I am not super fast, but I maintain 90-100 KMPH always.
220 kms from Virar to Surat. Takes me 2.40 hrs.
Old 25th February 2014, 19:02   #54
NH6

re: Lucknow to Mumbai : Route Queries

Hi All,

Am wondering, if I should attempt a road trip to Lucknow. Depending on your comments and reco, intend to take a Vento for this Summer Drive from Mumbai/Thane.

This would be my second long distance drive. Last one, in Sept'1993 was Nasik to Asansol, that took me 4 days in Maruti 800.

Please advise on the road condition, route and stopovers for stay, food and fuel, if any of you have undertaken such trip in the recent past.

Thank you in anticipation.
Regards,
Old 9th April 2014, 18:50   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH6 View Post
Hi All,

Am wondering, if I should attempt a road trip to Lucknow. Depending on your comments and reco, intend to take a Vento for this Summer Drive from Mumbai/Thane.

This would be my second long distance drive. Last one, in Sept'1993 was Nasik to Asansol, that took me 4 days in Maruti 800.

Please advise on the road condition, route and stopovers for stay, food and fuel, if any of you have undertaken such trip in the recent past.

Thank you in anticipation.
Regards,
Not sure if you already took this trip.

I did Lucknow to Mumbai in late 2012 so I know the road conditions from then. Most of the route is excellent National Highways. The only rough patches you will find is beyond Shivpuri on NH3 all the way upto Indore. But you can still drive at 70-80 kph as long as you are attentive on the road. Some parts of NH3 can get quite busy.

Unless you are driving non-stop, you will need a stopover overnight. I would recommend you drive from Lucknow to Indore the first day, its a good 900+ kms so most likely you'll reach late evening. Stretch your legs, wake up the next morning and head to Mumbai. Indore to Mumbai should be 7-8 hours depending on traffic and your speed.

The route is Lucknow - Kanpur - Jhansi - Shivpuri - Guna - Shajapur - Dewas - Indore - Mhow - Dhule - Nashik - Mumbai.

Good luck with the trip!

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 9th April 2014 at 18:52.
Old 1st October 2014, 23:36   #56
BHPian

I am planning a trip from Lucknow to Udaipur and Mount Abu. A plan of around five/six days. This section is quite unknown to me actually.

I have the following things to know, if someone here can help:

What will be the ideal point to stay overnight between Lucknow and Udaipur? Shivpuri or Kota? What hotels? Do we have MPTDC/RTDC hotels, and at what cost?

Which are the good places to stay in Udaipur?

Is Kumbalgarh a place worth spending a day? And nearby?

Vipin.
Old 19th October 2014, 18:14   #57

Hello, I m planning a road trip next month with family from mumbai to Lucknow. Is anyone aware of the current road conditions? Planning for a stay one night n Indore. So any suggestion on accomodation will be helpful. Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 13:22   #58
BHPian

**Bumping up an old thread**

I am planning to do Lucknow to Silvasa route sometime in September'16. Would need help with the road conditions.

I will most probably be driving a brand new Hyudai Creta Petrol or else a Honda City 2011 model.

Is it better to go via Shirpur > Nardurbar > Gangapur > Silvasa

OR

Nashik > Peint > Karprada > Silvasa Route?

I need to give Udaipur route a miss, because we need to visit a few temples en-route to Indore and also plan to stay at Indore for the night
Old 1st September 2016, 21:37   #59
BHPian

In the past few days I researched a bit and found that instead of travelling via Indore, it would be faster to reach Silvasa via Kota > Halol route. Now, I haven't travelled on Kota > Halol > Silvasa route ever and would highly appreciate words of wisdom!

The journey might also get prepond to early second week of September.

There is another consideration to be made. The Creta which I am planning to drive down will carry a temporary registration. Can that pose an issue?

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 1st September 2016 at 21:58.
Old 3rd May 2017, 17:36   #60
BHPian

Hi,

kindly share updates for Mumbai - Lucknow best route. thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks