Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2012, 12:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: First time highway drive: Hyd -> Warangal -> Hyd: Need advice :)

If you are really keen on highway tips,you can read up this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ong-drive.html
Old 24th October 2012, 12:57   #17
BHPian

Re: First time highway drive: Hyd -> Warangal -> Hyd: Need advice :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
If you are really keen on highway tips,you can read up this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ong-drive.html
One tip and what I learnt the hard way - if a truck or slow moving bus on the fast lane changes to the lower name in front of you - he is not giving you way, he is rather avoiding a danger or another slower moving vehicle in front of him. So if you see this happen to you, try to slow down rather than keeping your foot on the throttle!

During my 5 years of driving on highways between Hyd to Blr to Chennai to Kochi what I have seen is average speed you can reach is between 60 to 70 kmph. So trying to keep your speedo under 80 you avoid avoid breaking hard and changing gears.

Use your fog lamps at dusk or early morning hours to make the humps and pot holes more visible.

Drive safe.
Old 27th October 2012, 13:10   #18
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Warangal - Bhadrachalam

Thanks a lot guys, I didn't expect so much good advice in one thread :-)

I am back from my two day trip to Warangal, I will post some pictures tonight. The total distance covered was 370kms - which, though not much, is by far my longest ever. The entire road trip went smooth, without issues!

I'll update this thread tonight - am a wee bit tired and hungry now
Old 28th October 2012, 15:23   #19
BHPian

To add to the excellent advice of pganapathy and carzone, driving on our highways is like playing a computer game which is generally full of surprises and you win if you ANTICIPATE and your reactions are FAST.

Pay close attention to the road and surroundings, front and back and evolve a pattern of scanning the road to the front, near and far, the rear view mirror and all objects in your vision including peripheral vision.

Keep adequate distance to the vehicle in front, and rear which should be proportional to your speed.

Anticipate that the vehicle in front will stop suddenly, a two wheeler will cut across, animals on the road will cross the road without warning and traffic coming hurtling down from the wrong side. Drive at a speed which you are comfortable with, and which suits the road conditions.

HVK has repeatedly stressed on Patience on the road and this is the key to a successful journey.

Wish you a pleasant trip,

Regards

Saji
SajiNSalin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2012, 21:58   #20

Hi quadmaniac

Am planning a trip to Warangal and Back tomorrow. Intend to start morning @ 6:00 AM.

Now, this might be too late in the day, but how is the road condition and what kind of speeds can you average ? What is the route taken ? Time for the entire trip , Any other suggestion / tips etc are welcome.
Old 13th November 2012, 23:49   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-cature View Post
Hi quadmaniac

Am planning a trip to Warangal and Back tomorrow. Intend to start morning @ 6:00 AM.

Now, this might be too late in the day, but how is the road condition and what kind of speeds can you average ? What is the route taken ? Time for the entire trip , Any other suggestion / tips etc are welcome.
Should take you around 2-2.5hrs one way to cover the 150kms.Just get onto the Warrangal highway from Uppal and it takes you to Warrangal all the way via Ghatkesar-Bhongir-Yadgirigutta-Jangaon.You could stop by the famous temple at Yadgirigutta if that interests you.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 01:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Like ksrchowdary says, you can check out the following link:
CHATTISGARH 2008 - hvkumar | Google Groups

I took the following route:
Hyderabad-Warangal-Ramappa-Eturunagarm-Manuguru-Bhadrachalam

I went 1 year ago, the roads were simply great. It is a very scenic road. I also went to the Ramappa Lake and the temple nearby.
I am planning to take this route in reverse next week, planning to start from Bhadrachalam by 6pm and reach Warangal by 10pm. Is this route safe in the dark. Can someone please suggest a safe route in dark from Bhadrachalam to Warangal.
Old 24th November 2022, 21:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Bumping this old thread up! Anyone done Hyderabad - Bhadrachalam recently? There seem to be 2 options - one via Khammam and the other via Warangal. Any pointers on the better one would be appreciated.

Last edited by cool_dube : 24th November 2022 at 21:27.

Most Viewed