Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:12   #46
BHPian

re: Pune - Jammu - Pune : Route Queries

Hi HVK,

I am planning a trip from Pune to Wellington and would appreciate if you provide me with the best and fastest route for the same.
I am planning to cover this distance in one day. We are 2 guys that'll be driving and are planning to start at 0500 hrs(maybe 0400).
We'll be driving a Skoda Rapid.
I've covered Udaipur-Pune in 12 hours last december, but haven't really been on the Ooty route beyond belgaum.
Old 22nd March 2013, 12:21   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidrahul View Post
Hi HVK,

I am planning a trip from Pune to Wellington and would appreciate if you provide me with the best and fastest route for the same.
I am planning to cover this distance in one day. We are 2 guys that'll be driving and are planning to start at 0500 hrs(maybe 0400).
We'll be driving a Skoda Rapid.
I've covered Udaipur-Pune in 12 hours last december, but haven't really been on the Ooty route beyond belgaum.
Wrong thread for this query, I think!
Doing in a day is possible with an early morning start, limited breaks. Make sure you cross Gundlupet before 9 pm after which the road closes till 6 am.
Old 15th June 2013, 23:44   #48
BHPian

Hi hvk sir Going from Jaipur to ludhiana should one take the via Delhi route or avoid Delhi. Are June and July good months to venture on the Mumbai Ahmedabad Jaipur ludhiana stretch in a sedan given the monsoons. I intend to use Jaipur rewari rohtak jind sangrur ludhiana route or the Jaipur ambala Rajpura route to ludhiana. Which is better? Please suggest
Old 16th June 2013, 07:59   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Hi hvk sir Going from Jaipur to ludhiana should one take the via Delhi route or avoid Delhi. Are June and July good months to venture on the Mumbai Ahmedabad Jaipur ludhiana stretch in a sedan given the monsoons. I intend to use Jaipur rewari rohtak jind sangrur ludhiana route or the Jaipur ambala Rajpura route to ludhiana. Which is better? Please suggest
Bad time to be in the interior roads of Haryana. Bad time to take the terrible Jaipur-Delhi NH8. A big NO to teh Rewari route.
From Jaipur, I would prefer to take the highway to Bikaner till Ratangad, then take the desert route via Sardarshahr & Hanumangarh till Abohar & then go via Kotkapura & Moga to Ludhiana. Avoid the Hanumagarh-Bhatinda route though.
Taking this route would help reach Ludhiana in a day's drive from Jaipur.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 14:11   #50
BHPian

Dear HVK Sir,

I am planing a road trip form Pune to Shimla with a stopover/detour via Amritsar. I will be traveling with 3 family members and have a choice of a 1 yr old Hyundai i20 diesel / 4 yr old Innova or 5 yr old Pajero. Can you plese advice on route and which vehicle should i use? we are two drivers (brothers) and 2 fulltime passengers (our wifes).

Your advice will be most vital as we have never driven outside of Maharashtra and such a long trip will be an adventure at every step for us.

Thanks in advance
Old 2nd July 2013, 15:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangelvishal View Post
I am planing a road trip form Pune to Shimla with a stopover/detour via Amritsar. I will be traveling with 3 family members and have a choice of a 1 yr old Hyundai i20 diesel / 4 yr old Innova or 5 yr old Pajero. Can you plese advice on route and which vehicle should i use? we are two drivers (brothers) and 2 fulltime passengers (our wifes).

Your advice will be most vital as we have never driven outside of Maharashtra and such a long trip will be an adventure at every step for us.

Thanks in advance
Quite an easy drive-nothing to worry about.We did this some time back http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...delhi-hyd.html

Pune-Mumbai-Surat-Baroda-Ahmedabad-Udaipur-Bhilwara-Jaipur-Gurgaon-Delhi-NH1-Amritsar-Jalandhar-Chandigarh -Shimla

Shimla-Solan-Kalka-Karnal-Delhi-Jaipur-Udaipur-Ahmedabad-Surat-Mumbai-Pune

Any vehicle can do this sector.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2013, 20:34   #52
BHPian

Dear Ranjit,
thanks for the info. I did go through the T-Log who had shared. However, that was for a trip in 2009 (if i saw that right).

Would you have info on current road conditions and good places to stay for the night enroute, it would be most appreciated. Also, i have an option of either travelling in August or December. Which season would be better?

thanks.
Old 4th July 2013, 13:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangelvishal View Post
Dear HVK Sir,

Thanks in advance
You could do the trip as follows:

D1: Pune-Bombay-Vapi-Surat-Ankleshwar-Baroda-Ahmedabad-Himmatnagar-Udaipur

D2: Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Makrana-Sujangarh-Ratangad-Sardarshahr-Hanumangarh

D3: Hanumangarh-Abohar-Ferozepur-Taran Taran-Amritsar

D4: Amritsar-Jalandhar-Ludhiana-Rajpura-Ambala-Panchkula-Parwanoo-Shimla

Return:
D1: Shimla-Parwanoo-Panchkula-Ambala-Panipat-Delhi-Agra

D2: Agra-Bharatpur-Jaipur-Chittorgarh

D3: Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Ahmedabad-Bombay-Pune
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 16:41   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post

You could do the trip as follows:

D1: Pune-Bombay-Vapi-Surat-Ankleshwar-Baroda-Ahmedabad-Himmatnagar-Udaipur

D2: Udaipur-Chittorgarh-Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Makrana-Sujangarh-Ratangad-Sardarshahr-Hanumangarh

D3: Hanumangarh-Abohar-Ferozepur-Taran Taran-Amritsar

D4: Amritsar-Jalandhar-Ludhiana-Rajpura-Ambala-Panchkula-Parwanoo-Shimla

Return:
D1: Shimla-Parwanoo-Panchkula-Ambala-Panipat-Delhi-Agra

D2: Agra-Bharatpur-Jaipur-Chittorgarh

D3: Chittorgarh-Udaipur-Ahmedabad-Bombay-Pune
Instead of jalandhar to Ludhiana to ambala panchkula,id recommend jalandhar - Nawanshahar - Chandigarh - panchkula.

Road from jalandhar to ambala is heavy on traffic as its the GT Road. And numerous flyovers, diversions.

The route i suggested is light on traffic with a better driving experience.
Old 27th August 2014, 10:11   #55
BHPian

Hi HVK and MX6, I am planning another road trip from Pune to Jammu come this October with an addition of my 2 month old baby boy.
HVK, need your advice on the road conditions and route to take.
MX6, need your advice on travelling with a baby as I trust that you've been travelling with your kid since he was about the same age.
Plan is to stop at Chittorgarh on day1, Chandigarh Day2, and reach Jammu on Day3.
Old 10th September 2014, 10:32   #56
BHPian

Hi HVK, any guidance on the current road conditions..
Old 10th September 2014, 20:28   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi HVK and MX6, I am planning another road trip from Pune to Jammu come this October with an addition of my 2 month old baby boy.
HVK, need your advice on the road conditions and route to take.
MX6, need your advice on travelling with a baby as I trust that you've been travelling with your kid since he was about the same age.
Plan is to stop at Chittorgarh on day1, Chandigarh Day2, and reach Jammu on Day3.
Quote:
Hi HVK, any guidance on the current road conditions..
Road till Jammu is fine.
No need to go anywhere near Chandigarh - you have the choice of taking the Bhatinda mega highway from Kishangarh & stopping over in Hanumangarh on Day 2, or via Jaipur till Rewari & then Rewari-Rohtak-Panipat & stopping over at Karnal on Day 2
Old 11th September 2014, 08:39   #58
BHPian

Thanks HVK sir.. How's the road from hanumangarh to Mandi dabwali to bhatinda and then onto moga.. Or would you suggest going to Abohar and then Sri Mukhsar Sahib and then Moga
Old 11th September 2014, 11:02   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks HVK sir.. How's the road from hanumangarh to Mandi dabwali to bhatinda and then onto moga.. Or would you suggest going to Abohar and then Sri Mukhsar Sahib and then Moga
Never go via Mandi Dabwali, always bad.
Yes, go via Abohar only
Old 15th September 2014, 10:21   #60
BHPian

Thanks HVK sir.. Any news on the Gujarat roads after the flooding. Are they good?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks