Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 10:59   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune - Jammu - Pune : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapidrahul View Post
Thanks HVK sir.. Any news on the Gujarat roads after the flooding. Are they good?
No flooding issues on GJ highways, roads are as good as ever
Old 15th September 2014, 16:20   #62
BHPian

Thanks HVK.. I also heard about some bridge having developed cracks and being closed. Has that been repaired and operational. Also should I take the regular highway or drive into ankleshwar through the golden gate bridge.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:30   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also should I take the regular highway or drive into ankleshwar through the golden gate bridge.
You can find the update about Golden bridge here.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:30   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks HVK.. I also heard about some bridge having developed cracks and being closed. Has that been repaired and operational. Also should I take the regular highway or drive into ankleshwar through the golden gate bridge.
No such problems. However, the Ankleswar-Bharuch NH8 bypass is seeing jams again, so perhaps it is a good idea to take the Golden Bridge through the towns.
Old 28th September 2014, 20:57   #65
BHPian

Thanks HVK.. I've recently bought an XUV 500 W6 and this is what I'll be taking on this trip.
Old 16th February 2021, 19:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Bumping this old thread. I have a function to attend in Jammu in early May. Planning to drive down with family and have about 10 days in hand.

What's the suggested route to take considering road conditions, summer weather (need regular stops perhaps) and night halts? Have never visited Amritsar (Golden Temple) and Wagah border. Planning to cover them too. Is Pune -> Mount Abu -> Bikaner -> Amritsar -> Jammu the right option? I have driven up to Longewala six years ago and loved RJ roads and general scenery. Hence, prefer maximising RJ road network (if still good).

Thanks,

-BJ
Old 7th August 2021, 21:43   #67
BHPian

Re: Pune - Jammu - Pune : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Bumping this old thread.

What's the suggested route to take considering road conditions,

Thanks,

-BJ
Hi bj96, Did you went with plan? I am considering a trip to Punjab next month. Is the route via Mt. Abu - Bikaner - Sri Ganganagar fine ?
Old 4th October 2022, 12:58   #68

Hello Everyone - Bumping this thread again.

I have a road trip planned from Pune to Jammu and need some recommendations on the route I should take. Google Maps suggesting below options:

1. Pune, Dhule, Indore (bypass), Ratlam, Chittorgarh, Bhilwara, Jaipur (MH-->MP--> RJ)
2. Pune, Mumbai(bypass), Surat, Vadodara, Udaipur, Ajmer, Jaipur (MH-->GJ-->RJ)

My preferred option is #2.

P.S. Jaipur onwards there is only one recommended route via Haryana, Punjab and J&K hence skipped to call out.
Old 19th November 2022, 01:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body-On-Ladder View Post

1. Pune, Dhule, Indore (bypass), Ratlam, Chittorgarh, Bhilwara, Jaipur (MH-->MP--> RJ)
2. Pune, Mumbai(bypass), Surat, Vadodara, Udaipur, Ajmer, Jaipur (MH-->GJ-->RJ)

My preferred option is #2.
Maps shows both options (via Mumbai and via indore) as roughly taking the same time. I have a similar journey coming up and wanted to check on the road from Indore bypass to Chandigarh and the state of "trans-haryana" expwy. What was your experience and which route did you take eventually?
Old 22nd November 2022, 19:37   #70

I took the Ratlam, Kishangarh, Jaipur route during my Jammu onwards journey and it was fairly good. At few places google maps suggested me to take state highways which slows down a bit (as its single lane) but still good, not much of potholes on the way.

I tried to capture and share some moments in this video -

Return journey to Pune was via golden quadrilateral. It touches all big cities and there is a lot of traffic while nearing or exiting any city, so I am going to avoid this route in my upcoming Pune-Jammu-Pune travel (December).

Trans-Haryana expressway is awesome, although I am worried about this route during winters as it is an elevated route over agriculture land. Kotputli - Ambala is a very blissful ride. Only three fuel stations and a handful of food courts are in operation.
Body-On-Ladder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 18:12   #71
BHPian

Hi,

Any update on the fog situation on the trans-Haryana Expressway.

I am scheduled to drive from Jaipur towards Hisar on the expressway on 31st Dec 2022.

Thanks
Mgdoddler
Old 9th January 2023, 14:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgdoodler View Post
Hi,

Any update on the fog situation on the trans-Haryana Expressway.

I am scheduled to drive from Jaipur towards Hisar on the expressway on 31st Dec 2022.

Thanks
Mgdoddler
Update from my drive.

Drove on 31 Dec 2022 towards Hisar - the expressway from NH48 onwards is excellent road surface with exits and entries marked very well. Next to nothing traffic. enjoyed the drive. The rest stops from Narnaul side are not yet functional, although at least basic washroom is available at each stop.

Drove again on 3rd Jan 2023 from Ambala to Jaipur. It was a foggy day with limited visibility as the day started which improved as the day progressed and as you moved towards Jaipur.

Was able to drive at speeds of 80-100 KMPH most of the way. The traffic was very well behaved although the hazard lights issues remained. As most of the road is elevated the fog seemed more dense on the sides while the road it self seemed to have better visibility. The rest stops on the way from Ambala were better equipped with the first couple operational with F&B options.

Hope this helps
Regards
Mgdoodler
Mgdoodler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 17:55   #73

Hello everyone can someone suggest me the current newly updated route for doing pune to katra.

Last edited by Axe77 : 31st October 2023 at 18:57. Reason: Minor formatting edit.
Old 1st February 2024, 10:31   #74
BHPian

Re: Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpandita View Post
I hear you. In a trip from Pune to Jammu, GMaps charted a course through the Jaipur ring road. The path to get on to the ring road turned out to be a ditch filled with mud and wooden planks on top probably dug up by the locals for easy access to the ring road. Having no other option because GMaps kept circling me back to the same location, I attempted the crossing somehow and made it across. Since then, I always check satellite imagery though that can also be outdated sometimes. It helps get a general idea though, I agree.

How was the drive experience ?
route ?
Old 1st February 2024, 14:43   #75

Re: Mumbai Trans Harbour Link - Connecting Southern Mumbai with Navi Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat347 View Post
How was the drive experience ?
route ?
Better than I had expected actually. Barring a few stretches, I found that highways are really good across all states with adequate fuel, food and rest stops.

The entire trip took 3 days (2056 km) as I was driving alone and preferred not to travel in the night.

Day 1: Pune -> Nashik -> Dhule -> Dhar -> Ratlam.

Day 2: Ratlam -> Kota (via Delhi-Mumbai Expy) -> Tonk -> Jaipur -> Ambala (via Trans Haryana expressway) -> Ludhiana.

• Currently, the Delhi Mumbai expressway terminates at Neemthur in MP (tunelling work is in progress at Mukandara reserve) so I had to cross a few villages to get to Suket and then on to Kota.
  • Jaipur to Kotputli is a nightmare with roadworks all along the stretch. Also vehicles will bump into you like it's perfectly normal. But the Trans-Haryana expressway was a delight after that. There are plenty of rest stops and fuel stations all along the way and all are functional.

Day 3: Ludhiana -> Jammu via Pathankot

• The J&K part of this stretch is really bad. With the Katra-New Delhi Expressway construction and the Jammu Ring Road construction going on, the road is really rough and there are jams at several places. At one spot near Vijaypur, it was so bad that I had to take a diversion through the villages. Hopefully, the situation will improve this year.
rahulpandita is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks