Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2009, 01:03   #1
BHPian

Aussie tourist visa

I am planning to take a vacation in australia sometime mid december - already have my air tickets booked from all the points i accumalated over the years of business travel with singapore airlines

Now as this is my first tourist (non-business) travel, I am clueless about doing the visa part myself.
I did some reseach on Australia Visa and the aussie visa site, but was wondering if someone knows a reputed agent in bangalore who can help with the application.

Also what is the approximate time it takes to get a tourist visa for aussie - the website above says 10 days. And do i need to submit my passport to them for a long time.
I need to get it done quickly, as I have another US trip (business) coming up in 20 days and would like to get the passport back in hand a few days before the US trip.

Here is the documents needed as per my research
* 1 Form No. 48R - one form per applicant
* 1 Form No. M67 - one form per applicant
* 1 Form No. 956 - one form per applicant
* Covering letter to the of AUSTRALIAN HIGH COMMISSION New Delhi. explaining the reason of the visit - any specific format ?
* 4 Photos(Passport size, Camera clicked, latest with white background)
* Invitation letter if family visit along with the passport copies
* Exchange / Credit Card Copy
* Personal Latest Bank Statement (06 months)
* Xerox copies of Income Tax Papers last 03 yrs. - Is form 16 enough, I have last 2 years on me, however the 3 year old form 16 is at my parents house in pune. Do i need all 3?
* Leave Letter from Company on letterhead - any specific format ?

Any hints and tips would be great.

Last edited by jassi : 25th October 2009 at 01:06.
Old 25th October 2009, 09:09   #2
BHPian

Jassi, you can go to VFS in bangalore for the visa.Just google VFS bangalore australia visa and you will fin all the required info ther.
Old 25th October 2009, 13:42   #3
BHPian

Thanks DVR - VFS is the link i posted in my original post
Australia Visa
But do they offer any assistance or are they just a visa submission place, they don't even have a contact number online just a bangy address - i was thinking if I need to approach some travel agent like carlson wagonlit or cox n kings
Old 25th October 2009, 22:56   #4
BHPian

Jassi, VFS Bangalore will handle everything for you. They are on Infantry Road. Send me a PM if you need sepcific info. The visa should take 2-3 days if all your papers are in order. Cheers, Rover
Old 25th October 2009, 23:10   #5
BHPian

^^ excellent thanks Rover! will try and find the place - i am kind of bad at directions :-p
Old 25th October 2009, 23:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Application can be lodged yourself. VFS office is at Scotts Annex, Infantry Road. On the left, A little past Sony World/Pacer Yamaha just before you get to the junction of Shivajinagar/empire and the furniture shops. There is an option to have the Passport couriered back to you visa Blue Dart.

Jassi if possible try to provide everything they asked for. Since form 16 is from your employer they might want the IT return also. So your SARAL/it return acknowledgment would be good.

Do you have someone who can provide you with an invitation letter, it will help and if they are PR/Citizen even better, otherwise no sweat.

Leave letter on the company letter head should preferably mention :
*Your date of joining position,
*That your are still currently employed
*You are being granted your annual leave
*That you are expected to report back on xx/xx/2009 or 2010

Enjoy mate!!

Last edited by s0uljah : 25th October 2009 at 23:16. Reason: P.S : Fax copy of your docs from Pune will also be accepted
Old 25th October 2009, 23:41   #7
BHPian

thanks Souljah - i think i found sonyworld on infantry road via google maps -
Google Maps
should be able to find vfs now if above google maps link is correct :-)

2-3 days is good turnaround time!
Well my sis is in melbourne and I am going to stay with her - thats what I am putting in the application. But she is on student visa, so i don't know what proof she can give (accomodation support proof?)
Also do you guys think, if i have a previous temp business stay visa (expired 2 years back) it is of any consideration (i will put that in application)

Last edited by jassi : 25th October 2009 at 23:49.
Old 26th October 2009, 09:54   #8
BANNED

VFS are used by many popular destinations.

What I understand is that they are skilled enough to separate the cases which can be granted immediately and which may need scrutiny. The embassies by and large scan through the former, and examine the latter group in more detail before issuing the Visa.
Old 26th October 2009, 11:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Well my sis is in melbourne and I am going to stay with her - thats what I am putting in the application. But she is on student visa, so i don't know what proof she can give (accomodation support proof?)

Also do you guys think, if i have a previous temp business stay visa (expired 2 years back) it is of any consideration (i will put that in application)
Well then you have a valid reason to visit!

She can just fax a copy of her bank statement from there and passport copy(student visa page) along with a letter asking you to come visit her since she has sem break.

The previous business visa would be a + point too.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
I did some reseach on Australia Visa and the aussie visa site, but was wondering if someone knows a reputed agent in bangalore who can help with the application.
There are these Udaan India guys (www.udaanindia.com) who help with the Aussie visa... they hv also indicated about 10 days would be the max. time. The only hitch here is the medical test which they may ask you to undergo, which will take up a couple of days atleast.

Based on a mail received from them, here are the requirements:

AUSTRALIA TOURIST VISA REQUIREMENTS
PASSPORT VALID FOR MINIMUM OF 6 MONTHS.

1 VISA APPLICATION FORM 48R, DULY FILLED IN AND SIGNED.
1 FORM M-67 TO BE DULY FILLED WITH FAMILY DETAILS & SIGNED.
All applications to be submitted along with form no 956. filled and signed by the applicant is mandatory.
2 Recent passport size colour photographs with light background to be glued on the appropriate place on the visa application form.
Covering letter from the applicant stating his name, designation, purpose and duration of visit.
Detailed tour itinerary and tour confirmation.
Hotel confirmation.
Airline booking certificate.
Proof Of Financial Solveny - Liquid Funds ( If Available ), Copies Of Property Papers ( If Any ), Fixed Deposits Or Investments ( If Any ).
Bank Statments For The Last 6 Months.
Income tax returns for the last 3 years.
Proof Of Occupation.
If Employed / Business :
Salary Slips.
Leave Letter From The Employer.
Previous Working History.
Copy Of Appointment Letter.
If Self - Employed / Business :
Proof Of Company Registration / Company Profile.
Proof Of Ownership.
1) Private Limited Company - Ariticles Of Association.
2) Proprietorship Company - Letter From Bankers.
3) Partnership Company - Partnership Deed, Bank Statements For The Last Six Months And Income Tax Papers For The Last 3 Years.

Students:
Leave Certificate From School Or Vacation Circular.
Individuals / Children Traveling Alone :
Consent Letter To Be Given Of Rs. 20/- Stamp Paper And Attested By The Notary Public.
In Support To The Visit From Both The Parents / Non-traveling Spouse.
Passport To Copies Or Election Card Copies Of Boht Parents To Confirm Signatures.
Parents Proof Of Financial Solvency And Proof Of Occupation With Their It Returns In Detail.
Applicant Above 65 Years :
Medical ( Travel ) Insurance
4 Recent Passport Size Colour Photographs
Medical Requirements:Applicants Above 70 Years Of Age And Applicants Who Would Enter Hospital For Any Reasons Must Provide Evidence Of Overseas *medical Insurance To Cover Full Period Of Proposed Travel And Stay In Australia And May Also Be Asked To Undergo The Medical Examination By A Panel Doctor Authorized By The Embassy.
Visa Fee: D.D In The Name Of " Australian High Commission " - New Delhi.
Rs. 4, 000/-
Vfs Charges:-rs. 455/- Payable By Cash
Time Taken: Minimum 8 - 10 Working Days For Processing After Receipt Of Complete Application.
Submission:Monday To Friday
Time:08:00am To 10:00am And 01.00pm To 02.00pm
Collection:Monday To Friday
Time:Through Vfs Upto 04.00pm

Note from Team BHP Support
Please do not post in UPPER CASE.
It makes for poor readability of the post.
Thanks,

Last edited by bblost : 26th October 2009 at 14:17. Reason: Removed Upper Case
Old 26th October 2009, 18:39   #11
BHPian

Thanks all for the advice so far

I could not make time from office to goto VFS today, however I did visit one of the agents (orchid Orchid Voyages ) as they were recommended by my dad's company's travel agent in pune.
These guys are just opposite to one of my office buildings so went and met them.
Most of the things are clearer now and similar to what has been recommended by bhpians in this thread

1) I will need to get a invite letter from my sis and a copy of her passport and student visa. Her student visa is an e-visa, so I guess I will have to take her e-visa email copy?
2) Instead of form 16, the IT returns are recommended.
3) Also last 6 months bank statement and xerox of front/back of credit cards.
4) No need to submit salary slips. But yes a letter from company which says I am working with them for last X years and have an approved leave is needed.

As per the agent, its a bit of a risk, submitting in this week, as it needs 7-10 working days minimum. I have 12-13 working days, however if it gets delayed, it will interfere with my US business trip (15th to 23 nov) and it is near impossible to get passport out once submitted. Don't know how true this is?

So whether I do it myself or via some agent, I am thinking if I should do it post my US trip. If I am back by 25th-26th nov and submit aussie visa app on that day itself, I will have enough time till 19th dec to get my passport back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks