Senior - BHPian

I'm sure the AP2AP team is having fun.
@BT : Your pictures provide good view of the place
Old 28th December 2009, 14:58   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Basu's pic says it all.
We should be in for a real eye-treat soon enough with Nazim bhai's hard work.
All I would like to chant is "Thou Nazim shalt be bestowed with opportunities to capture Mountaneous Beauties wit ees Electromechanikol Telescopik Photo-apparatuse n' fill thy hearts of few guud men wit pleasure n' contentment"
Old 28th December 2009, 15:05   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm sure the AP2AP team is having fun.
@BT : Your pictures provide good view of the place
I am going to type in an Indian Language Now.

- "Janaab, arz hai - "woh shabaab hi kya jiski taareef na ho sake, woh jagah hi kya jiski DRIVOBLOG, naa ban sake"
Old 28th December 2009, 15:29   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
All I would like to chant is "Thou Nazim shalt be bestowed with opportunities to capture Mountaneous Beauties wit ees Electromechanikol Telescopik Photo-apparatuse n' fill thy hearts of few guud men wit pleasure n' contentment"
Need we say anything more.
AP2AP team and Nazim bhai have a big responsibility on their shoulder.We all are waiting with starry dreamy eyes to see the visual delights of the nature in all it's form and glory that our country has been gifted with.
btw, how was the food at Yak Restaurant , basu??

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
I am going to type in an Indian Language Now.

- "Janaab, arz hai - "woh shabaab hi kya jiski taareef na ho sake, woh jagah hi kya jiski DRIVOBLOG, naa ban sake"
hmm...

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 28th December 2009 at 15:35.
Old 28th December 2009, 16:51   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
btw, how was the food at Yak Restaurant , basu??
Heard there are many Yak Restaurants Like that in Arunachal. I did not take that photo (mentioned) so I cannot say about the food, but I heard Yak Milk is quite delicious.
Old 28th December 2009, 18:28   #171
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, BT. I've passed through Siliguri twice so far, so I do know about it. I also had a fab view at Bagdogra of a MiG 21 exercise during my second visit.

BTW, we are straying off topic. Team AP2AP, we are losing our patience----put up
'dem pics mighty pronto!!
Old 28th December 2009, 20:27   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Nice pics, BT.
BTW, we are straying off topic. Team AP2AP, we are losing our patience----put up
'dem pics mighty pronto!!
Thanks.

Some off-topic may be useful for keeping the interest alive.
"some OT for just mehfil jamaye rakhne ke liye"

Deserves their Interesting Journey, Actually.
Old 29th December 2009, 03:08   #173
Senior - BHPian

Information overload!

Hi guys,

We reached Tezpur around 1.00 a.m. on 29th after cutting out our Bomdila night stop (drove straight from Tawang to Tezpur).

We were under the impression that Post-paid phones work on roaming in Arunachal so we did not carry a BSNL phone - please note only BSNL local phones or BSNL post-paid phones on roaming work in all 'forward areas' of India. After Bhalukpong only Cellone is available so no net-access either.

Fun?

If fun is freezing your **** off at temperatures that see a maximum of between 2 degrees above 0 to 5 degrees below 0 and the air is so thin that walking 20 feet leaves you short of breath - yes we had FUN. (Simple rule for smokers - if your lighter does not work due to lack of oxygen - do not smoke!).

If fun is trekking 3 km at 15000 feet carrying live chicken - we had FUN.

If fun is having your car scrape bottom in slush - we had it.

If fun is having your car suddenly spinning wheels, moving backwards and turning around like it was possessed - we had loads of it.

If fun is putting dhurries under the driving wheels to get traction and falling on your butt while doing it LOL we had that too!!!!

Looks like one hell of a drive-meet report or travelogue is on its way (inclusive of some 20GB of photographs - forget memory cards, seems the laptops will run out of memory space soon with all the photos taken on this trip).

We have seen and experienced so much that we face a serious risk of an information and sensory overload and might take a while to put things together coherently.

It was great meeting Thirtankar, ADC and Sutripta. Hope to meet you again. Perhaps tomorrow we might meet RobiMahanta in Guwahati. We plan to stop over in Guwahati so that the Laura can get some TLC.

Thanks again Sutripta sir for the info on the road conditions. We shall follow your advice to the T on our return.

Cheers,
Old 29th December 2009, 13:12   #174
BHPian

Thats what I call an interesting outline of the journey. Make a real mega thread, the best and comprehensive on AP so far.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:10   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare View Post
When are you guys likely to reach Guwahati? You are going to pass both my residence (near BRTF campus) and workplace (Gauhati University) on the way. I'd love to have a dekko at the team.
we are 60 kms from gauhati. We will most probably be staying tonight there at nakshatra in beltola.
Old 29th December 2009, 14:52   #176
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!! looks like it is going to be one fantastic thread of the journey from AP2AP.Hope you guys have carried enough e-storage devices to store all that loads of photographs.
Eagerly looking forward for you all to come back and start the thread.
Old 29th December 2009, 16:48   #177
Senior - BHPian

Oh! here are the updates going on! I was waiting in the meet thread for updates! Forgot this thread till now!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
we are 60 kms from gauhati. We will most probably be staying tonight there at nakshatra in beltola.
ah! Hotel Nakshatra. Arun knows the staff very well.

@arun say hi to that pretty young lady at the hotel reception (the one you were referring earlier!) from my side!
Old 29th December 2009, 16:58   #178
BHPian

There seems to have been an earthquake in the NE part of India, with its epicenter along the Myanmar border. The intensity was measured at 5.5 on the Richter scale. Hope everything is hunky-dory for the drive team and for all in the area.
Old 29th December 2009, 17:26   #179
BHPian

Just about spoke with the Team, they have reached Guwahati and were busy giving the Laura some TLC. Obviously they were on the road when the tremors hit Guwahati at 14:30 hrs or so.
Old 29th December 2009, 18:21   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Hi guys,

Fun?

If fun is freezing your **** off at temperatures that see a maximum of between 2 degrees above 0 to 5 degrees below 0 and the air is so thin that walking 20 feet leaves you short of breath - yes we had FUN. (Simple rule for smokers - if your lighter does not work due to lack of oxygen - do not smoke!).

If fun is trekking 3 km at 15000 feet carrying live chicken - we had FUN.

If fun is having your car scrape bottom in slush - we had it.

If fun is having your car suddenly spinning wheels, moving backwards and turning around like it was possessed - we had loads of it.

If fun is putting dhurries under the driving wheels to get traction and falling on your butt while doing it LOL we had that too!!!!

Looks like one hell of a drive-meet report or travelogue is on its way (inclusive of some 20GB of photographs - forget memory cards, seems the laptops will run out of memory space soon with all the photos taken on this trip).

Thanks again Sutripta sir for the info on the road conditions. We shall follow your advice to the T on our return.

Cheers,
I hope you all took it badly so that I wouldn't envy you all so much!

I believe you took the Mainaguri - Mathabhanga - Coochbehar route.
Did you photograph the Bangladesh border fence, and a border crossing?

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks