Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2014, 12:07   #46
BHPian

re: Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
I noticed in the above pics that you dont seem to have encountered traffic on this route. We were there just yesterday with an Audi and 3 BMWs and the biggest spoiler for me on this route has consistently been the traffic....
For the life of me I could not figure out how everyone is driving on the right side of the road in this picture.

LithiumSunset is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 12:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Just did a Mumbai Nasik Trip some days back and the Kasara Ghats is what I look for all the time. ALL THE TIME. Its like my body braces itself when the Ghats come.

The same cannot be said while coming back through the Kasara Ghats towards Mumbai as there are some rumblers on turns which unsettle the rear end quite a bit if you are a single passenger and taking it enthusiastically the rear end does not inspire confidence.

Plus the truckers are jeeps are going at their own slow place and its more difficult to control a car while going downhill than uphill.

There was a time a year back, when I got down from Kasara Ghats to go to Mumbai, realized that I have not had any fun at all while getting down, so took a U turn when the ghats end, went back on the Ghats towards Nasik again, again took a U turn, got down from the Ghats and went back home
Old 21st July 2014, 14:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
For the life of me I could not figure out how everyone is driving on the right side of the road in this picture.

Lets just say its been HEAVILY photoshopped.

*coughmirrorimagecough*
Old 21st July 2014, 16:15   #49
BHPian

Returned yesterday from a trip to Saputara and on the way back took the Nasik - Mumbai Exp Way route. Though driving on it is still a great experience I was horrified that huge potholes have come up!!

Whats more is that most of the E-way is still in pristine condition but the potholes make their appearance rather suddenly. Also these potholes are deep craters, and not shallow variety which tend to unsettle or just rattle you. Though we managed to evade each and every one of these nightmares, I shudder to think what will happen to someone barrelling down at full speed and crashing into these!

Anyone driving this stretch, please do watch out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
The highway was excellent all the way, including the Kasara ghat. No potholes whatsoever,
It is very sad that since your post barely a month back, potholes have come up!

Last edited by PGNarain : 21st July 2014 at 16:16.
Old 21st July 2014, 17:59   #50
BHPian

Really surprised to know this. I was just telling some friends that now is a good time to make the trip to Igatpuri and further to Nasik to see the Sula Vineyards. I'll have to warn them now.
Cheers.
Old 21st July 2014, 20:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Though driving on it is still a great experience I was horrified that huge potholes have come up!!
OMG. Me and a couple of my office colleagues with family are travelling to Igatpuri in the second week of August. Need to keep checking this thread often for the latest updates on the road condition. Pity that I will still have to pay the regular toll fee inspite of the bad roads. Acche din kab aayenge??
Old 21st July 2014, 21:37   #52
BHPian

Not much of an issue Girish. I have travelled from Mumbai to Nasik just 3 days ago. Road has been impacted by recent rains but nothing which can't be safely negotiated.

Travel safe and enjoy your trip!
engrohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2014, 10:51   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarPatel View Post
Really surprised to know this....

I'll have to warn them now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
OMG. ...... Acche din kab aayenge??
!!

+1 to the above. As I said that we were't expecting any potholes whatsoever and definitely not the crater variety that we encountered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Not much of an issue Girish.

Travel safe and enjoy your trip!
First, my experience is based on only the southbound (towards Mumbai) lanes. Further, as rohit points out above, the road is still very much enjoyable and drivable. You just need to keep in mind that you WILL encounter potholes (unless they are repaired) and keep an eye out for them!
In our car convoy, I was leading for 90% of the way doing fairly decent speeds and yet I did not crash in any pothole. Yes, I did have a few hair raising moments and did run through some sinkholes but that was just about it.
PGNarain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 13:19   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Lets just say its been HEAVILY photoshopped.

*coughmirrorimagecough*
I am curious, why did the image need to be photoshopped? Were you trying to hide a quiz in the thread?

Anyway anything to tickle an idle brain!

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 23:03   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
I am curious, why did the image need to be photoshopped? Were you trying to hide a quiz in the thread?

Anyway anything to tickle an idle brain!

Thanks
Lol. Inquisitive one, arent you.

Anyway a friend wanted it as his cover pic on facebook. Since in the original image the car was hidden behind the profile picture he inverted it.

Hope that solves the puzzle.
Old 1st August 2014, 08:39   #56
Senior - BHPian

Heard the news yesterday in one of the Marathi news channel that the Nasik- Mumbai highway near the Kasara ghat has taken a major beating due to the incessant rains which lashed the Nasik belt. The result is road caving at a couple of places. The crack was initially 1 in wide which gradually widened to 6 in width. One lane has been cordoned off. Although authorities are working on the repairs, recent users of this highway pease comment.

Pic attached.

Also link to the news.
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/repor...s-open-2006936
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-kasara-ghat-road.jpg  

ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 16:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Got on Whatsapp today. It shows the landslide at Kasara, exact location is not known.

Any ideas about the Ghoti-Uper Vaitarna road condition??
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:56   #58
BHPian

I traveled via Kasara Ghat to Kalyan on 17th Aug 2014 and its just a part of road that has been blocked and 1 lane is operational. It will be repaired soon by the authorities and ghat will not be closed.

There are huge potholes on road after you leave Kasara so drive carefully when coming to Mumbai. The other side road going to Nashik is comparatively good enough.

I managed to go Kalyan Nashik in 2 hrs 25 mins with moderate speed and returned in around 2 hrs 35 mins, due to potholes.

One humble request, if you see a dressed cop asking for a lift on that road please offer him a lift. There are cops posted near Padgha toll plaza and they find it difficult to reach there because truck drivers refuse them lift fearing they will demand bribe etc.
Old 17th September 2014, 03:28   #59
BHPian

Hey guys! Has anyone done this route? Ghoti-Vaitarna-Mokhada-Jawhar?

Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries-ghotijawhar.jpg

Does the road exist? I did this route last year and was quite an adventure!
There is a left after Met chandrachi which the GMap insisted, but the road was no where to be seen! And I was already some 40kms remote!

Sorry for posting this here, didn't find any appropriate thread.
Old 12th December 2014, 09:30   #60
BHPian

Folks,

Pls update on latest condition of this route.

Planning to drive down from Shirdi to Powai with a 8 month old kid and Sr.Citizens in a Manza QJD, mid next week.

Should I take this route or completely skip Nashik and take the below route?

Shirdi - Sinnar - Igatpuri - Khardi - Thane

Thanks in advance.
Maverick79.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks