Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2014, 13:35   #61
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Mumbai - Nashik : Route Queries

Requesting route information help for a friend who is traveling to Mumbai from Bangalore by flight. From there he intends to drive to Nasik.

Please suggest the best route from the Domestic Airport (Santacruz ?) in Mumbai to Nasik.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:18   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Requesting route information help for a friend who is traveling to Mumbai from Bangalore by flight. From there he intends to drive to Nasik.

Please suggest the best route from the Domestic Airport (Santacruz ?) in Mumbai to Nasik.
The usual highway (NH3) is in excellent shape and a wonderful road to drive. There is hardly an option I would suggest here. Take the usual route.

Barring traffic at Bhiwandi bypass, the road is fantastic.

Budget 3 to 3.5 Hours from Thane for Nashik with normal cruising speeds.

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th December 2014 at 14:20.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 14:23   #63
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The usual highway (NH3) is in excellent shape and a wonderful road to drive. There is hardly an option I would suggest here. Take the usual route.
Sorry for a noob question, how does one get to NH 3 from the domestic airport at Santacruz ?
Old 19th December 2014, 14:30   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Sorry for a noob question, how does one get to NH 3 from the domestic airport at Santacruz ?

Domestic Airport - Kalina - SCLR (Santa Cruz - Chembur Link Road) - Eastern Expressway - Thane (NH3 Junction) - Nashik.

Also make sure that if the destination is Nashik, then not to climb the Nashik Flyover that will actually bypass the City itself.

EDIT:

Optionally, you can also try -

Domestic Airport - NH8 Towards Dahisar - Kashimira - Fountain Hotel Junction (Ghodbunder), Turn right - Thane - Majewada - Left for Nashik

However, with the newly built link road, you are better of with the first option itself.

Last edited by paragsachania : 19th December 2014 at 14:35.
Old 19th December 2014, 14:51   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Domestic Airport - Kalina - SCLR (Santa Cruz - Chembur Link Road) - Eastern Expressway - Thane (NH3 Junction) - Nashik.

Also make sure that if the destination is Nashik, then not to climb the Nashik Flyover that will actually bypass the City itself.
The Nashik flyover just bypassess the choc o block Majiwada junction and not the city itself. Just one needs to be careful is that they need to keep on the extreme right when climbing the flyover or else they might end up going towards Ghodbunder Road. Unfortunately the route signage's are still missing before the start of the flyover.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 14:54   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The Nashik flyover just bypassess the choc o block Majiwada junction and not the city itself. Just one needs to be careful is that they need to keep on the extreme right when climbing the flyover or else they might end up going towards Ghodbunder Road. Unfortunately the route signage's are still missing before the start of the flyover.
I believe he is talking about the flyover that is near the Taj gateway hotel in Nashik.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 15:04   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I believe he is talking about the flyover that is near the Taj gateway hotel in Nashik.
Exactly. The Flyover I am referring is at Nashik
Old 6th January 2015, 18:57   #68
BHPian

I do the Mumbai - Nasik - Mumbai drive atleast once a month and a few obsersations that i have:
- Driving till Bhiwandi Naka is plain boring, its like driving in Mumbai. Traffic, bad roads, etc.
- Drive from Bhiwandi Naka till Kalyan Faata is decent if there isnt much truck traffic. Bhiwandi bypass has really good tarmic, there are tall trees along the road.
- Drive from Kalyan Faata till Ghoti is fun! Amazing tarmac, Kasara Ghat, twist, turns.
- Drive from Ghoti till Nasik (where the proper 6 lane expressway starts) is absolutely blaze. A capable car can do its top whack easily on this stretch. Hardly any traffic, beautiful plateaus surrounding you, a very pleasant drive.

But having driven so many times on this roads in all times of the day and in all seasons of the year, i have some negative observations too.

- Too many intersections. The Mumbai Pune expressway is a proper dedicated road with barricades along and no openings in the dividers. This gives you a peace of mind that no vehicle will suddenly stop ahead of you to take a turn, or no rear end or front end of a truck would be protruding half way through the road while he is taking a turn. I have seen a few mishaps due to people not following the proper signalling rules.

-Animals. The stretch between Asangaon and Igatpuri is where you can see a cow, buffalo, dog, goat, T-Rex, Godzilla standing right in the center of the road. Ok a dog wont stand, he will cross the road, but our holy cows don't move a bit. As a thumb rule, in this stretch even on the slightest of turns i get my speed below 100 and hand on the gear knob just incase i have to do a super quick downshift.

-Trucks in wrong lane. It is not a 4 lane one way road. Its 2 lanes. The truckers will occupy the right lane and the left lane too or both if they are trying to overtake each other. This leaves you with 2 options, drive behind them and keep honking or flashing lights: Wont help! Or, drive forming an S shape and keep overtaking them. During day this is easily manageable, at night, this is tricky. Also countless times i have seen trucks with 2 tail lamp, and even the reflectors are covered in mud, so basically you see it just before you kiss its ass.

-Humans! Yes. Cars cannot drive themselves in the opposite direction, we humans do. Cars, Jeeps, tempo tracks of the worlds will welcome you on your face with their parking lights on. At nights, they'll greet you with a blue colored blinding light. They tend to take shortcuts to access the nearest divider crossing!

"End of rant"
Its always fun to drive to Nasik :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Quote:
Exactly. The Flyover I am referring is at Nashik
No. He is referring to the flyover near Thane, just before Mc Donalds. If you take the left curve, you go towards Ghodbander. You have to take the right curve that touches down just before the Mc Donalds. This road takes you to Nasik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Folks,

Pls update on latest condition of this route.

Planning to drive down from Shirdi to Powai with a 8 month old kid and Sr.Citizens in a Manza QJD, mid next week.

Should I take this route or completely skip Nashik and take the below route?

Shirdi - Sinnar - Igatpuri - Khardi - Thane

Thanks in advance.
Maverick79.
Hi, Shirdi Sinnar is horrible. The road is too narrow with too much traffic. Also, why take a longer route?

Shirdi - Sinnar - Ghoti - Thane. Sinnar Ghoti the condition is decent. The Manza will glide over the road.

Another option, a more longer option but if your better half wishes to buy Sarees at Yeola, you can do Shirdi - Yeola - Nasik - Thane. Yeola Nasik is a proper 2 lane each way road. You can do it in an hour.

Note from Support - Please use the Multi-Quote feature while replying to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts. See this (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP) thread for more information.

Last edited by n_aditya : 8th January 2015 at 14:26. Reason: Posts merged
Dieselritzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 19:48   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
No. He is referring to the flyover near Thane, just before Mc Donalds. If you take the left curve, you go towards Ghodbander. You have to take the right curve that touches down just before the Mc Donalds. This road takes you to Nasik.
Huh? Ghodlur quoted Paragsachania who has cleared up what he meant. If you are talking about Ghodlur then he misunderstood paragsachania.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 10:45   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post

Hi, Shirdi Sinnar is horrible. The road is too narrow with too much traffic. Also, why take a longer route?

Shirdi - Sinnar - Ghoti - Thane. Sinnar Ghoti the condition is decent. The Manza will glide over the road.

Another option, a more longer option but if your better half wishes to buy Sarees at Yeola, you can do Shirdi - Yeola - Nasik - Thane. Yeola Nasik is a proper 2 lane each way road. You can do it in an hour.
Thanks pal. I finished this drive long back ago. Yes the Shirdi- Sinnar route was pretty bad. Due to time constraints, didn't take any other longer route.

Thanks and regards,
Maverick79
Old 17th August 2015, 12:13   #71

Had a round trip to Nashik from Thane yesterday. The road is pothole ridden at many places. Partlly filled by paver blocks, but mostly left. The Mumbai bound side is even worse. Surely, the road quality didn't justify the 100 bucks they charge on toll.
Old 27th August 2015, 14:11   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinhavivek View Post
The road is pothole ridden at many places. Partlly filled by paver blocks, but mostly left. The Mumbai bound side is even worse.
Hi, I am driving to Nashik tomorrow and just ned to ask - Is the entire stretch potholed or just some sections in between?

How are Kasara Ghat sections - both ways?
Old 27th August 2015, 22:50   #73

The Road towards Nashik was in bad shape in certain stretches. Though they have tried to repair using paver blocks but precaution should be maintained till Kasara. The road in ghats and beyond were fine.
Old 27th December 2015, 19:54   #74
BHPian

Hello, I'm driving down to Nasik this week. Request any updates or concerns on road conditions from recent travelers.
Also, since I'm traveling with family members, any inputs on a decent place to stop by for lunch are most welcome.
Thank you
Old 27th December 2015, 22:29   #75
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Hello, I'm driving down to Nasik this week. Request any updates or concerns on road conditions from recent travelers.
No worries on the road conditions - good all the way.

I traveled to Shirdi and did not stop en route for breakfast bit there are few good dhabas in kasara ghat. In fact on the other side of the ghat there is a good hotel called vrindavan but reaching there on your onward journey may be difficult given the ghat road is one way in each direction and you will have to make a long detour, but nevertheless an option for your return journey.
I think in Nashik there is a Kamat and other good hotels too but I'm unable to give you a specific recommendation having never been to any of them.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks