Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2013, 11:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Need help regarding accomodation in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Your suggestions are welcome.
Check out the Youth Hostels of India website.

http://yhaindia.org/

If they have a hostel in Mumbai, you can become a member for a nominal fee and then book it subject to availability of accommodation.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2013, 18:37   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Need help regarding accomodation in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeerbagul View Post
You can look at airbnb.com, search for Mumbai. There are lots of people renting out an extra bedroom from their homes. Might be a safe and cheap option for the girls in your group.
I did find a nice place in Airbnb, but no reply from the host. Thanks for the lead. Hope the host will get back to us. Any other suggestions? Currently I am also in touch with lalco residency. They seem to offer a decent price but the airbnb one was much better.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:28   #18
BHPian

Re: Accommodation in Mumbai & Pune

Check this one out. http://www.tuliplivingsolutions.com/...ing_Powai.aspx

I am not sure if they charge per person or per room, but you can enquire.

Good Luck!!!
Old 27th November 2013, 13:14   #19
BHPian

With the eastern freeway being opened up, Chembur/govandi/deonar is a good place for tourists to stay in Mumbai. If you have your own Car, travel time into the city would not even be 20mins. And there are quite a few reasonable hotels/ lodges in chembur/deonar. Hotel Annapurna, Hotel ornament are good. Rates would vary between Rs1200-2000 which i feel is reasonable in Mumbai-standards.
Old 15th May 2015, 20:05   #20
BHPian

Could anyone give suggestions on booking hotel in Mumbai preferably in Grant road area or in close proximity to Grant road. I have already seen Krishna Palace and Best western Sahil and have no idea about these hotels but are demanding 6k/night which i think is a little expensive as we need 2 rooms. Mumbai Bhpians please suggest. Arriving mumbai on 28th May for 3 nights.
Old 30th September 2016, 11:39   #21
BHPian

Good hotel for 1 night stay near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

I am looking for hotel suggestions for a one night stay near Mumbai international airport.

My mom and her friend are traveling to Auckland later this month and as usual 4 people are going to send off 2 people. 😂 The flight is at 1am and we don't want to travel back to Pune at night. So I am looking for a good hotel preferably with airport transfers. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 30th September 2016, 11:43   #22
BHPian

Re: Good hotel for 1 night stay near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Search for oyo rooms there are quite a few boards on the adjacent hotels. They usually are a good deal for affordable stays.
Dicky_GT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 13:04   #23
BHPian

I assume, if the flight is at 1 AM, then you must be leaving by 10.30 - 11 PM after waving good-bye to your relatives. You can drive to Kharghar - Panvel and look for OyO rooms which are available right on Sion-Panvel highway. This has 3 benefits.

1. Traffic will be less to drive to Kharghar from the airport at night.
2. Rooms will be available cheaper.
3. In the morning, you need not face Mumbai traffic. Directly take the expressway for Pune.
vinit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 14:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit View Post
You can drive to Kharghar - Panvel and look for OyO rooms which are available right on Sion-Panvel highway.
Yes, that makes sense. From airport to Kharghar it should not take more than an hour when there is less traffic. You can explore the following options ..

Hotel Yogi Executive - Vashi
Hotel Ibis - Turbhe
Royal Tulip - Kharghar
Hotel Three Star - Kharghar
sukhoi30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 20:50   #25
BHPian

Pune Holiday! Need help in Planning!!

Hi... Would like the help from Team-bhpians to plan my long pending family holiday.

Who : Me, Wife and 3yr old kid
Duration : 5/6 days
Where : Pune/Mumbai
When : 1st week of March
Plan : Fly to Pune hire a Self drive car. Be put up at a nice resort. A day visit to Shirdi and return. Take a 2/3 of days rest and relax. Drive to Mumbai. Shopping for wife. Be put up in a nice place inside the city for the night. Fly back to Chennai from Mumbai.
Budget : Since this is a loooonng pending holiday have decided to to dig deep and enjoy the holidays. Planning to book a place which could cost 10k per day. Be luxurious and all. Should have activities for my 3 yr old.

Pls lemme know...
Which would be best resort in and around Pune that would suit my requirement for 4-5 days?
Best Luxurious hotel in Mumbai for a Night?
Would I be able to pick up a Zoom or Myle at Pune airport?
And can I drop it off at Mumbai Airport?
Is it safe to self drive to Shirdi/Around Pune/ Around Mumbai?
Will I be able to get around with a GPS?
Archish is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 4th January 2017, 07:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune Holiday! Need help in Planning!!

Pune is a nice town, great food and all but its hardly the place to spend 3..5 days. If you go to Shirdi then spend some time in the Ajanta caves as well. Search for tbhp threads on all these locations.

Zoomcar is available at Pune as well as at Mumbai. You can't drop off either a Zoom or a Myles at other than the exact same location that you picked it up so plan your route accordingly.

My suggestion would be to land at Mumbai, drive to Shirdi / Ajanta and then return to Mumbai. You could spend a day or so in Pune and see the local attractions.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 09:54   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Pune is a nice town, great food and all but its hardly the place to spend 3..5 days. If you go to Shirdi then spend some time in the Ajanta caves as well. Search for tbhp threads on all these locations.
Right. I've been living in Pune for almost a decade but couldn't see any attractions that one can stay in the city for 3 to 5 days and enjoy.

hserus, Ajanta is too far away from Pune, almost 350KMs from here. As per his post, Archish is planning to take rest for 2-3 days. If he plans to visit Ajanta, he'd need at least 2 days for that!
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 10:05   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkulkarni.2106 View Post
Right. I've been living in Pune for almost a decade but couldn't see any attractions that one can stay in the city for 3 to 5 days and enjoy.

hserus, Ajanta is too far away from Pune, almost 350KMs from here. As per his post, Archish is planning to take rest for 2-3 days. If he plans to visit Ajanta, he'd need at least 2 days for that!
Yeah. He said he was going to Shirdi.

So Shirdi is more or less bang halfway between the two. If he goes to Shirdi, does the night Shej aarti, stays the night and starts early morning from there - he can carry on for a comparatively shorter ride to Ajanta, stay there.

Then return to Mumbai - possibly halting at Nasik which is again halfway and has the Tulja Bhavani, Saptashringi temples, a lovely artillery museum etc.

My recommendation would be for him to start with a Myles at Mumbai, drive back to Mumbai. Or start with a Myles at Pune, drive back to Pune. Either way this would work better if the itinerary is spaced out, and maybe exclude something from it as he is traveling with a small child and the kid might get tired out well before the parents. Frequent stops for diaper changes, carsickness etc etc will definitely push up the journey time.

BTW OP - Check with your wife how much she is prepared to tolerate - if you're driving a self drive 100% of the time, she will be stuck with childcare 100% of the time unless she can drive too, in which case you are welcome to share in it. Or get a carzonrent with a driver, lean back and relax as much as your child lets you do so.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 10:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archish View Post
Hi... Would like the help from Team-bhpians to plan my long pending family holiday.
Where are you planning to stay? In a 5 star in the city or some resort out of the city? I would highly recommend JW Mariott if you have the budget. If you are looking for something below that range, Courtyard or the likes.

If you are staying in the city limits, take rick/uber to move around. Driving a car in old city area is tiring.

Places you should visit

Mahabaleshwar (120km) - I would recommend you spend 1.5 days there atleast.
Lonavala (60 km)- Avoid weekends. Just drive down in the morning. Visit a few places, have lunch and return to Pune.
Pune City - 1 full day is more than enough to cover Shanivarwada/Mandai/Vishrambaugwada/Lal Mahal/Kelkar Museum/Sarasbaug.
All these places are walking distance from each other.
If you still have energy after this, climb up the Parvati Hill.
Singhagad - Start early morning and come back to Pune by noon.

And how can i forget food!! Puneites love eating out and each one has his/her loyalty to a particular restaurant. You will enjoy this place if you are a foodie.

Last edited by freedom : 4th January 2017 at 10:18.
freedom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2017, 10:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Mahabaleshwar (120km) - I would recommend you spend 1.5 days there atleast.
Lonavala (60 km)- Avoid weekends. Just drive down in the morning. Visit a few places, have lunch and return to Pune.
Pune City - 1 full day is more than enough to cover Shanivarwada/Mandai/Vishrambaugwada/Lal Mahal/Kelkar Museum/Sarasbaug.
All these places are walking distance from each other.
If you still have energy after this, climb up the Parvati Hill.
Singhagad - Start early morning and come back to Pune by noon.
For lonavala / mahabaleshwar / sinhgadh - please make sure you are decent at driving on ghat roads.

Traveling in a hired car with your family is not the time to learn ghat driving

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks