Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2009, 22:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Now your begining to scare me.

Are you telling me that an NHC cannot do a 5K+ Kms trip without having to be repaired etc
Avi, as it stands this query has no place in the route/travel query section but might find a place in the technical section or which car section (if you do not get clobbered).

Of course we could re-phrase the question so as to not invite the wrath of god and change it to "We are going to drive a NHC. Which route should we take?"

Pat comes the answer: Option 1 is strictly 4X4 territory, option 2 is for SUVs, option 3 is for saloon cars and hatchbacks. You may take the NHC on routes 1 and 2 but be prepared for hefty repair bills.

Cheers,
Old 5th November 2009, 23:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now your begining to scare me.

Are you telling me that an NHC cannot do a 5K+ Kms trip without having to be repaired etc
As Ravveendrra has put it so well, there are certain routes that a car can do and certain routes a car cannot do. The GC of NHC will cause it to scrape its belly quite a few times on MP roads.

Another reason for continuously suggesting option - III is accomodation. On Option - 1 there are only lodges and Dharamshalas. On Option - 2, the only place worth staying after Nagpur is Bhopal. There is nothing in between. With young child on board, you will have bio-break requirements which will not get fulfilled on this route.Oh btw if you are early to reach Bhopal, you can branch off to Panchmarhi. I have heard its awesome!

Secondly further up north, the road between beyond Rishikesh /Manali / Nainital is nothing to write home about. And since Honda doesn't have as extensive service network as Hyundai, incase of something going wrong, you can get really stuck.

So please rethink on the choice of the car.

And plan your trip in such a manner that you can target atleast 1000 Kms ech day.

P.S: Please make sure you have engine sump guard if travelling on option 1&2. I have benefited immensely from the sump protection plate during my drives in MP in the Uno.
P.P.S: Option 3 has a section called NE-1 between Vadodara and Ahmedabad. I did the toll gate to toll gate stretch of 88 Kms in 47 Minutes in the Bolero. Imagine what a Pete'd Accent Viv can do.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 5th November 2009 at 23:30.
Old 6th November 2009, 12:41   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
P.P.S: Option 3 has a section called NE-1 between Vadodara and Ahmedabad. I did the toll gate to toll gate stretch of 88 Kms in 47 Minutes in the Bolero. Imagine what a Pete'd Accent Viv can do.
Your tempting me Ani. I would have loved to take the Pete'd Viva.

But, after the last few incidents on highway, i have become a bit superstitous and extremely cautious for reasons that you don't know yet
Old 6th November 2009, 13:07   #34
BHPian

Avi, that’s going to be very long trip all the best for your drive,
O.T by the way which Camera your carrying , I am just making sure on the half of Hyderabad BHPians so that we don’t miss pix form you in the trip travelogue .
Old 6th November 2009, 13:47   #35
BHPian

Since you would be going to nainital, My birth & home place, here are the poniters..!! :-)

From Meerut to Nainital the route would be as follows:- Meerut- Gajrola- Moradabad(Bypass)- Rampur, Rudrapur, Haldwani- Nainital. After crossing moradabad bypass, toward rampur, the Roads are entremely shoddy, so be very careful here. Infact, there aint' any roads, all you gonna see is rubble.

Nainital, as usual a beautiful place, but make it a point to enter Nainital before 6PM, since the Mall Road, would be No entry till 9pm, and the other way arount to Mallital ( Upper Nainital) is via Sherwood or Nainital degree college, which you can take only if experienced of driving in the Hills (extremely degree's of climb).

Ranikhet would be a good option for visit, which is 68 km from Nainital, (anyways, you would be passing this place , if planning to visit Kausani).

I would not recommend Munshyari , as this would not be an idle time to visit,and the distance is amazinly far.

Binsar, again would a an excellent choice of visit, and stay ther at KMVN Guest house, which has the best scenic view, and if lucky enough you might even get glimpses of Leopard's in the wild, and some strange flying things, in the valley, which we are convinced of are the UFO's. :-)

Try Naukachiyatal also, whih lies near Bhimtal ( I know , i know) the state should be named UttraTAl. At this place try getting a room at KMVN guest house, which is an old bunglow, overlooking the Lake of Naukachia, and trust me, you would'nt want to leave this place for a week.

If you'r one of those relegious kind of a person, you would want to visit Pataal Buvaneshwar. It's a temple which is some 100-150 mt. down in the ground , via a small creek. You will have guide's to take you there.

I guess this if good , and if you would need any assistance in Uttrakhand let me know, will have things arranged for you.

While in Nainital, do go to the Boat House Club, and enjoy a drink on the Deck, from my side as well...!!!

All the Best...

Quote:
I am contemplating a plan to drive up North between dates ( Dec 19th-Jan 3rd). Need to reach back Hyderabad by Jan 3rd night !

We plan to start from Hyderabad on Dec 19th at 5:00AM and need to spend 2 days at my in-laws in Delhi and 2 days at my cousin's in-laws in Meerut.

Can someone please advise of destinations that we can visit close by from Delhi/Meerut factoring in following points :-

1. Would love to visit cold places and don't want to spend more than 1-2 days at each destination

2. Kindly factor in 2 nights each at Delhi and Meerut and 3 nights of driving from Hyderabad-Delhi-Hyderabad. So we have effectively 8-9 days for visiting these places

3. Would like to explore some unknown/not previously visited terrain. I have visited Kullu/Manali,Shimla and Rohtang before. And, honestly, i wouldnt mind exploring the same again since this time it would be different as it would be self-driven. Previous visits were by cab.

4. Would prefer if all destinations are close-by so we can hop from one destination to another and spend a day or two there and move on to next one.

5. I love Himachal Pradesh and never explored Uttranchal/U.P that much. Wouldn't mind exploring non-touristy places as long as they are scenic

Thanks to Tanveer, i got some preliminary information and open to changes based on recommendations

It would also help with route info/places to stay for the drive between Hyderabad to Meerut

This is what the initial plan looks like :-

Hyderabad-Meerut(1507kms)-Nanital(235kms)-Mukteshwar(36kms)-Auli-(200kms)-Narkanda (????)-Tirthan Valley (????)-

Can someone add elaborate the route plan with suggestions on which destinations can be covered in above circuit, places to halt, places that can be given a miss etc.

Appreciate and thank you for your responses in advance
Old 6th November 2009, 15:13   #36
BHPian

If you are going to Uttaranchal then,

1. Pl book all your stays at either GMVN or KMVN. They are at the best possible location. Its very basic, but will do.
2. Pl do carry 1ltr electric water heaters(black & decker or Usha). this will help at those places where there will be power & heaters.
3. Buy heaters instead of hiring. This will save lot of money.
4. on the way from Binsar to Choukori, you can visit Paatal Bhuvaneshwar. Unique experience.
5. Try to cover Munsiyaari. Most adventurous drive you can do in this trip.
6. Try to book in advance, very difficult to get rooms at this time. We booked thru bangalore local office. for office at Hyd pl check in KMVN website.
7. Buy thermals at Naini, will save some money compared to hyderabad.

Apart from this take aditbelw help, local knowledge will help.
If you are taking Mumbai route, then your driving time will be around 44-46hrs to delhi. We did Blr- Del in around 44hrs, non stop with food & bio breaks.
Old 6th November 2009, 20:12   #37
BHPian

I just realised, there were many a TYPOS in my last post. Apologies, this is what happens , when work and leisure is mixed.
Old 6th November 2009, 20:17   #38
BHPian

Tiger,

44 Hrs Bangalore to Delhi????

I need to learn a lot from you..!!! What route did you take, what was the vehicle and how many drivers?

I am Impressed, Hats off to you Sir...!!
Old 10th November 2009, 14:38   #39

I have been on a three week ride to Uttaranchal (Uttarkhand). Shipped my bike (RE std 350) from Hyderabad to Delhi and started from Delhi on 3-Oct-2008. Returned to Delhi on 16-Oct-2008 and rode back from Delhi to Hyderabad. Reached Hyderabad on 20-Oct-2008.
I, along with 5 other friends have done this ride on Royal Enfield Bullets. The places we rode are given below.
Delhi – Hapur – Moradabad – RamNagar - Corbett National Park – kaladungi – Nainitaal - naukuchia Tal – Mukhteshwar – Almora – Binsar – kosi – Raniketh – Chaubatiya – kausani – Baijnath – Bageshwar – thal – Munsyari – Gwaldham – Karnaprayag – Joshimath – Auli – Tapovan – Govindghat – Badrinath – Mana - Chamoli – Gopeshwar - Tunganath temple – Rudraprayag – Uttarakashi – Gangotri – Uttarakashi – Yamunotri - Barkot – Musoorie – Dhanoulti – Chambha – Rishikesh – Haridwar – Delhi – Agra – Gwalior – Shivpuri – Guna - Bhopal – Itarsi – Nagpur – Hyderabad
Total distance covered is 4300 km.
@mobike: PM me for any specific details

Last edited by Jaggu : 10th November 2009 at 14:59. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, avoid copy paste from external font editors, use preview before submitting posts. thanks
Old 15th November 2009, 15:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hey Avi, So what is the final route plan?
Old 15th November 2009, 19:21   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini.rtmc View Post
I have been on a three week ride to Uttaranchal (Uttarkhand). Shipped my bike (RE std 350) from Hyderabad to Delhi and started from Delhi on 3-Oct-2008. Returned to Delhi on 16-Oct-2008 and rode back from Delhi to Hyderabad. Reached Hyderabad on 20-Oct-2008.
I, along with 5 other friends have done this ride on Royal Enfield Bullets. The places we rode are given below.
Delhi – Hapur – Moradabad – RamNagar - Corbett National Park – kaladungi – Nainitaal - naukuchia Tal – Mukhteshwar – Almora – Binsar – kosi – Raniketh – Chaubatiya – kausani – Baijnath – Bageshwar – thal – Munsyari – Gwaldham – Karnaprayag – Joshimath – Auli – Tapovan – Govindghat – Badrinath – Mana - Chamoli – Gopeshwar - Tunganath temple – Rudraprayag – Uttarakashi – Gangotri – Uttarakashi – Yamunotri - Barkot – Musoorie – Dhanoulti – Chambha – Rishikesh – Haridwar – Delhi – Agra – Gwalior – Shivpuri – Guna - Bhopal – Itarsi – Nagpur – Hyderabad
Total distance covered is 4300 km.
@mobike: PM me for any specific details
Srini, that seems like a amazing trip on a bike. I am most interested to know your experience on above highlighted route. Can you PM me your number, we can discuss on phone.

Quote:
Hey Avi, So what is the final route plan?
My entire trip was kind of wavering until now as i was the only confirmed guy and rest of them just wont confirm. Last few days has been hectic, trying to convince them to of this beautiful trip and now things look more definite.

However, there are some change in plans :-

1. Wifey wants to stay back for a few days in Delhi with her parents and return by flight

2. Seeing her evil plans, cousin's wife also wants to stay back in Meerut with her parents and return along with my wifey

So essentially, it will be only two of us on our drive back to Hyderabad. However, the good point is I have decided to cancel the stop over at Meerut that i had planned initially and decided to head straight to Narkhanda in Himachal Pradesh.

I think we will go with route plan number 2 which is :-

Hyderabad-Nagpur-Itarsi-Bhopal-Guna-Shivpuri-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi

It would be great if some inputs are shared on following :-

1. Suppose we break the journey into 3 days to reach Himachal Pradesh.
Need inputs on where we can stop for Night 1, Night 2, Night 3 on above route with some hotel info.

2. How to take route directly to Narkhanda from Agra? Is it that we still need to go through Delhi? Is there a route that will bypass Delhi city and take us straight on route to Narkhanda?

I am refining my plan and in a couple of days will post a day-by-day break up of what we final will be aiming for.

Thanks !

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th November 2009 at 19:24.
Old 15th November 2009, 19:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. Suppose we break the journey into 3 days to reach Himachal Pradesh.
Need inputs on where we can stop for Night 1, Night 2, Night 3 on above route with some hotel info.
That will depend on how much are you willing to drive in a day. Ideally the first night halt should be Bhopal and 2nd Night at Delhi. Delhi - Narkanda I think can be done in a day with a bit of a stretch.

Quote:
2. How to take route directly to Narkhanda from Agra? Is it that we still need to go through Delhi? Is there a route that will bypass Delhi city and take us straight on route to Narkhanda?
You will have to go through Delhi. There is no bypassing Delhi on this one
Old 15th November 2009, 19:56   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That will depend on how much are you willing to drive in a day. Ideally the first night halt should be Bhopal and 2nd Night at Delhi. Delhi - Narkanda I think can be done in a day with a bit of a stretch.

You will have to go through Delhi. There is no bypassing Delhi on this one
Well, whatever distance we can cover between 5:00AM to 8:00PM. My rough guess is about 750kms-800kms in a day.

How many kms is Bhopal from Hyderabad. And, Delhi from Bhopal?

I guess you had to go via. Manali-Rohtang on your way to Leh..right? Did you take a bypass from Delhi? or you entered the city? Can you give some insights on where you entered delhi and exited towards Himachal?

Did you go via. Ambala, Chandigarh etc?
Old 15th November 2009, 20:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, whatever distance we can cover between 5:00AM to 8:00PM. My rough guess is about 750kms-800kms in a day.

How many kms is Bhopal from Hyderabad. And, Delhi from Bhopal?
Hyderabad Bhopal is close to 900 Kms or a little more may be. Hyderabad - Nagpur about 500 Kms will take you about 9 Hours. Crossing Nagpur will take about 1 hour because you'll be entering during the day time. Nagpur - Betul - Itarsi - Bhopal is about 380 Kms will take you 9 hours.

Now if you leave Nagpur, then the next decent place to stay is Bhopal unless you are ok to sleep in soiled bed sheets at the best hotels in the earlier towns or have your car tyres stolen in the night from outside your hotel.
Quote:
I guess you had to go via. Manali-Rohtang on your way to Leh..right? Did you take a bypass from Delhi? or you entered the city? Can you give some insights on where you entered delhi and exited towards Himachal?

Did you go via. Ambala, Chandigarh etc?
We didn't go via Manali. We returned by that route. I think for Narkanda you have to go via Shimla.

You'll be entering Delhi via Mathura Road and come out at Ashram Chowk. If you don't have to go anywhere in the city, then take a right turn from Ashram onto Ring Road and follow it till Karnal Bypass wherein you again take a right to be on the NH1 GT Road headed towards Ambala.
Old 15th November 2009, 22:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Tiger,

44 Hrs Bangalore to Delhi????

I need to learn a lot from you..!!! What route did you take, what was the vehicle and how many drivers?

I am Impressed, Hats off to you Sir...!!
Hi @aditbelw

Not seen this post for long time..

Its non stop from Blr - Nainital, we drove Bolero & with us my wife & friends wife were there, stopped only for food & bio break. Every 3-4 hrs we took turn(only self & friend drove).
Left Blr at around 3pm on friday, came back from office around 2.30pm took quick shower & started driving immediately.
At around 5am next day we were at panvel & by 9pm we touched Rajasthan border, at 12pm next day we were at Gurgaon & 6pm we reached nainital after a exhaustive drive.

While coming back from Pauri, we took Nagpur route & that took around 72hrs of continous driving because of bad roads.

This year also we are planning for a trip, just finalising the places & routes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks