Team-BHP - Landslides? Updates on the road to The Nilgiris.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Landslides? Updates on the road to The Nilgiris. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/69134-landslides-updates-road-nilgiris-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by manim (Post 1700505)
Here is a cute looking Nano next to my Civic, at Ooty, Hotel Preethi Classic.
So Nano with its tiny size and engine meant for the city can climb the ghats successfully!

Belongs to the owner of Preethi towers. Have seen it zoom:D, okay go past many a times. Impressive.

All roads open from yesterday. Coonoor- Metti road open for traffic both ways.

All back to normal now.

Thanks for the regular updates beejay. I am planning to reach Coonoor on the 19th (from bangalore). How is the route? I plan to come via Ooty, so how many hours would it take me from Bangalore and how is the condition of the roads?

Thanks again for your help.

From Bangalore it should take you six to seven hours. The roads are pretty decent except for some bad roads after Gundalpet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1722204)
From Bangalore it should take you six to seven hours. The roads are pretty decent except for some bad roads after Gundalpet.

Thanks bro. So nothing to worry about. :)

OOTY, Dec 2006 - hvkumar | Google Groups
Check out the above log book for the Bangalore-Mysore-Ooty-Conorr route. Please note you can bypass Mysore city (recommended) and the coordinates of that route are in return journey.

You have the choice of going via Masinagudi (recommended) (which I have taken) from Mudumalai or via Gudalur.

Thank you very much sir. I will follow the Masinagudi route.

actually as of last month those bad roads are getting done up - so its a bit of trouble with single lane traffic on those areas which are getting done. otherwise the surface etc is better than before.

6 hours to Ooty town with a couple of rest stops on the way should be possible.

Its useful to leave bangalore at about 5am or so, so that one can actually get to the Ooty turn off from Sigur Ghat at about 11 ish.

I second what Mr Kumar says - best to use the Masinagudi approach as it is much shorter - however it is a much steeper climb too and the roads are narrow so I would urge you to be very cautious and observe lane discipline at all times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1722204)

Thank you for the heads up Shankar. I do plan to leave around 5:30am and being a hill guy myself, I always follow the rules. Have seen too many mishaps on hilly roads caused by over zealous drivers.

great. Enjoy ur drive. Have fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyboy (Post 1722481)
being a hill guy myself, I always follow the rules. Have seen too many mishaps on hilly roads caused by over zealous drivers.

Thats nice to know Sammyboy. In fact last Sunday afternoon there was a TT that turned turtle on the Masinagudi road. The road was blocked for quite a while. We managed to get it on its foot. Luckily no one was injured.

Have fun.

whats a TT?
Tempo Traveller?

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1723097)
Thats nice to know Sammyboy. In fact last Sunday afternoon there was a TT that turned turtle on the Masinagudi road. The road was blocked for quite a while. We managed to get it on its foot. Luckily no one was injured.

Have fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1723202)
whats a TT?
Tempo Traveller?

Yes. Tempo Traveler. KA05 registration.