Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 21:21   #256
BHPian

Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Bumping up the thread.

I did a Pune-Solapur trip in May 2015.

Most of the the 4 laning has been completed. Roads are "excellent" after Manjari (Outskirts of Pune) right upto Temburni town
Around Temburni about 10 kms is very narrow section passing right thru the market. Add to that the road is in bad state (like what city roads become in monsoon).
After that bad patch the road agains converts to a 4 lane with a solid median.
Temburni to Solapur is again in tip-top shape.
Old 9th December 2015, 17:59   #257
BHPian

Planning for a drive to Solapur in the coming week for some work.

How is the road condition from Mumbai?
Has the 4 lane highway completed till Solapur?
Old 13th December 2015, 02:04   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Planning for a drive to Solapur in the coming week for some work.

How is the road condition from Mumbai?
Has the 4 lane highway completed till Solapur?
Mumbai - Solapur is good. Try to cross Pune before day time office going traffic builds up.
Old 19th December 2015, 23:29   #259
BHPian

Planning to drive down to pandharpur from mumbai the coming thursday, As reports suggest that roads have much improved now, this time I plan to go via the pune solapur - NH9. Four years ago I did a day trip via the satara route.

This time I am travelling with elderly folks and need to break the journey somewhere between pune and pandharpur - what would be a good place to take a break/stay overnight en-route.

Appreciate your inputs.Thanks.
Old 20th February 2016, 10:18   #260
BHPian

My wife and I senior are citizens traveling to Hyderabad from Pune. We drove this route last year and found the Solapur -Humnabad-Sangareddy road atrocious, particularly as our car a Renault Fluence has a soft suspension. We see a lot of posts suggesting travel via Kalaburgi( nee' Gulburga). However every post mentions a horrible 20Kms of very bad road between Akalkot and Aland.
We do not certainly wish to take a bad road and bust a tyre or worse especially since we travel alone. We have driven a lot including to Srinagar and Mcleodganj and found atrocious roads between Amritsar and Pathankot and Pathankot-Mcleodganj-Chandigarh. So bad that we were driving at 10-15 kmph.
Has there been a recent improvement on this road Akalkot to Aland and if there is no information or improvement what is the alternate route to avoid this bad stretch?

On the way back we propose to drive Vijayawada to Gulburga (8-9 hours). Any suggestions on where to stay in Gulburga?
Old 20th February 2016, 17:30   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbaraomr View Post
My wife and I senior are citizens traveling to Hyderabad from Pune. We drove this route last year and found the Solapur -Humnabad-Sangareddy road atrocious, particularly as our car a Renault Fluence has a soft suspension. We see a lot of posts suggesting travel via Kalaburgi( nee' Gulburga). However every post mentions a horrible 20Kms of very bad road between Akalkot and Aland.
We do not certainly wish to take a bad road and bust a tyre or worse especially since we travel alone. We have driven a lot including to Srinagar and Mcleodganj and found atrocious roads between Amritsar and Pathankot and Pathankot-Mcleodganj-Chandigarh. So bad that we were driving at 10-15 kmph.
Has there been a recent improvement on this road Akalkot to Aland and if there is no information or improvement what is the alternate route to avoid this bad stretch?

On the way back we propose to drive Vijayawada to Gulburga (8-9 hours). Any suggestions on where to stay in Gulburga?

My advice is to stick to NH9 all the way. The road between Hyderabad and Solapur is a single lane filled with multiple construction areas, and quite a bit of dual lane carriageway ready and being used by the localites. If you start at 5am from Hyderabad, you can easily reach Solapur by 1030-11am, and in daylight all the diversions would be clearly visible also truck traffic is negligible in those hours.
Old 21st February 2016, 07:26   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
My advice is to stick to NH9 all the way. The road between Hyderabad and Solapur is a single lane filled with multiple construction areas, and quite a bit of dual lane carriageway ready and being used by the localites. If you start at 5am from Hyderabad, you can easily reach Solapur by 1030-11am, and in daylight all the diversions would be clearly visible also truck traffic is negligible in those hours.
Thanks Apachelongbow. why do you suggest travel via NH9 all the way when lot of people suggesting via Gulburga?
Old 21st February 2016, 17:49   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbaraomr View Post
Thanks Apachelongbow. why do you suggest travel via NH9 all the way when lot of people suggesting via Gulburga?
Shortest route between Hyderabad/Solapur/Pune is the NH9. Infact if you see from the air, the route is almost a straight line, with Gulbarga being about 80/100 kms further to the south of the straight line route.
I was reading up on a new Ford technology which has continuously changing dampers, along with a detection system which softens ride into potholes. Immensely useful on almost all Indian roads, especially on NH9
http://blog.caranddriver.com/when-th...-shocks-video/
Old 4th October 2016, 16:26   #264
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning a trip from Navi Mumbai to Nanded and plan to go via Pune - Tembhurmi - Latur.

I will be crossing Pune around 12:30 -1 PM. Hence:

1) What route to follow in Pune from Expressway exit to Sholapur Highway?

2) Stopover options between Pune - Temburni ( clean toilets / good food)

3) Good Petrol Pumps ( preferably COCO).

Regards,

Balpreet Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks