Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 14:36   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Team,
How is the road condition between Pune and hyderabad ? If we start at 5 AM from Pune, can we reach by 2 PM ?
The road is decent enough (see above for the recommended route). There are a few rough sections but nothing too bad.

Yes, 5 to 2 i.e. 9 hours should be more than enough.
Old 21st August 2011, 07:02   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150
Team,
How is the road condition between Pune and hyderabad ? If we start at 5 AM from Pune, can we reach by 2 PM ?
Just did this stretch in reverse 3 days back.

Hyd - Zaheerabad: Good road as usual.

Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Basavakalyan (KA stretch): Lots of potholes in the middle bookended by good roads. However my car was fully loaded (4 adult pax + tons of luggage) which was probably why I felt the potholes to be severe.

Basavakalyan - Umarga - Solapur: Pretty good on the whole. A few surprises here and there but easily avoidable/manageable.

Solapur - Indapur: Nice road but slow progress because of traffic.

Indapur - Baramati: Rough road but very little traffic. Can keep up decent speeds.

Baramati - Morgaon - Jejuri - Sasvad: Heaven, mostly.

Sasvad - Kapurhol: Broken at Sasvad entry to Court (I took the dirt-road/off-road shortcut) and at Narayanpur. Small sections of the ghat road are worn off so one had to be careful. The scenery, however, is to die for!

It took me 11 hrs to MPEW entry via this route but I was delayed by a late start from Hyd (6:20 am) which meant I caught quite a bit of traffic at various places en route. Also it was raining *mad* on the KA stretch. It's OK if you are familiar with the road (surface). I was not, so the poor visibility meant I had to slow down drastically here.

9 hrs should be OK otherwise. Since you're planning a nice and early start perhaps you could do Hadapsar - Indapur - Solapur (i.e. NH9 throughout) instead and still be OK.

Regards,
spadix
spadix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:14   #78
BHPian

I traveled between Pune and Solapur on 22nd September. Road work is still going on but road condition is quite ok. Except for 1 or 2 sporadic patches no potholes. Now the work for four laning has begun near Solapur but still in Primary stage.

I left Pune Airport at 1400 hrs and entered Solapur just before 1900 hrs including 1 snacks stop near Tembhurni and one nature call stop just before Solapur.

Only issue is you can not just cross 80 kmph but can steadily maintain 60-70.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:16   #79
BHPian

Pals, What do you suggest?

Should I take the NH9 till Sholapur from Pune

Or

Pune -Kapurhol - Sasvad - Baramati - Indapur - Sholapur?

I am leaving pune by 4.00pm on 7th Oct.

Need to reach Hyd earliest.

Pls suggest..
Old 4th October 2011, 11:44   #80
BHPian

Another question to the gurus -

From Solapur to Pune, I have another route suggestion

Solapur - Mohol - Pandharpur - Velapur - Phaltan - Khandala/ Shirwal

At Khandala/ Shirwal one would hit NH4 and from there to Pune should be a breeze.

Now, I know that from Solapur to Pandharpur the road is decent, although some traffic can be expected on this stretch.

Can someone shed light on this route? What is the road condition like? Would this section be complete ghat?

I came up with this route since Pune to Solapur on NH9 seems to be very bad due to four laning work.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:52   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
From Solapur to Pune, I have another route suggestion
Solapur - Mohol - Pandharpur - Velapur - Phaltan - Khandala/ Shirwal
At Khandala/ Shirwal one would hit NH4 and from there to Pune should be a breeze.
@laxmark,

after shirwal to pune, it will be breeze but what about before shirwal?

Please don't try this route, pandharpur-velapur-phaltan is in really bad condition.
phaltan-lonand-shirwal is under four laning with usual chaos and diversions.

As someone posted here recently[ 2-3 post back] that nh9 between indapur and yavat is now pothole free, one can try otherwise there is 12mati route available.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:09   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
I traveled between Pune and Solapur on 22nd September. Road work is still going on but road condition is quite ok. Except for 1 or 2 sporadic patches no potholes. Now the work for four laning has begun near Solapur but still in Primary stage.

I left Pune Airport at 1400 hrs and entered Solapur just before 1900 hrs including 1 snacks stop near Tembhurni and one nature call stop just before Solapur.

Only issue is you can not just cross 80 kmph but can steadily maintain 60-70.

Why is it that you cannot maintain speeds above 80? Is it because of roads or because of traffic?

If I start between 4-5 am in Pune which route is better? To take NH9 to Solapur or take the NH4 til Kapurhol and merge to NH9 at Indapur?

Kindly suggest!
Old 4th October 2011, 12:23   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Why is it that you cannot maintain speeds above 80? Is it because of roads or because of traffic?
Its a combination of both.

Quote:
If I start between 4-5 am in Pune which route is better? To take NH9 to Solapur or take the NH4 til Kapurhol and merge to NH9 at Indapur?

Kindly suggest!
IMO,4am is too early to drive via Baramati as the roads would be isolated.Take NH9 and drive carefully
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 12:39   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
IMO,4am is too early to drive via Baramati as the roads would be isolated.Take NH9 and drive carefully

As Ranjit suggested, take NH9.
NH9 will be relatively free at that early morning.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 18:48   #85
BHPian

I need to start off for Hyderabad from Pune at around 10PM this Friday..
Would it be safe to drive via the alternate route or should I stick to NH9?
Old 5th October 2011, 19:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

This has been repeated so many times on this thread within the same time period. I suppose,would be a good idea to run a quick search before posting the same query over and over.

1.Night time drives recommended on NH9

2.Daytime times preferred via Baramati.
Old 14th October 2011, 19:04   #87
MDe
BHPian

I am planning to drive down from Hyd to Pune soon and plan to take the road that Spadix took: Hyd - Solapur - Indapur -Baramati - Jejuri - Sesvad - Pune.
Planning to move at 5-6AM in the morning from Hyderabad. I hope I can also do under 10 hours.
Old 15th October 2011, 20:47   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
This has been repeated so many times on this thread within the same time period. I suppose,would be a good idea to run a quick search before posting the same query over and over.

1.Night time drives recommended on NH9

2.Daytime times preferred via Baramati.
NH9 is at its worst at night. If you leave Solapur anytime between 6 and 12 in the night (which will happen if you leave Hyd in afternoon / evening) then you will have oncoming buses (including the notorious privateer Volvos) who will try blind you, run over you, sideswipe you or at the very least push you into ditches. Try NH9 at night only if you have very good lights and nerves of steel. I have done the stretch between NH4 & NH9 in the night several times since July and have had no problems with it in the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I am planning to drive down from Hyd to Pune soon and plan to take the road that Spadix took: Hyd - Solapur - Indapur -Baramati - Jejuri - Sesvad - Pune.
Planning to move at 5-6AM in the morning from Hyderabad. I hope I can also do under 10 hours.
Leave before 6 a.m, in Hyd otherwise just getting out of town and past Patancheru will tire you.

Now that the NH9 4-laning up to Bhigvan is almost complete continue past Indapur upto Bhigvan and turn left there for Baramati.
Ravveendrra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 07:36   #89
MDe
BHPian

Thanks Ravveendrra. Will go that way. On the map, road from Baramati to Jejuri looks like a small road, but based on the comments from Spadix, I am planning to take that.
Old 16th October 2011, 10:09   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
On the map, road from Baramati to Jejuri looks like a small road, but based on the comments from Spadix, I am planning to take that.
12mati-jejuri-50km very good road.
easily go at 80/100 kmph.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed