Team-BHP - Bangalore - Delhi on a Motorcycle
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Delhi on a Motorcycle (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/69545-bangalore-delhi-motorcycle.html)

Hey Guys,

I'm planning a Bangalore - Delhi trip sometime in December. I have about 4-5 days and have been reading a travelogues of a number of people here who've done this trip but haven't found anyone who did it on a motorcycle.

From what I understand the best route to take a couple of months back was Bangalore-Bombay-Udaipur-Delhi. Is this still the best route ? Can this ride really be done in 3 days on a car ?

If it takes 3 days on a car, I'm guessing this should be doable in 4 days on a bike, if everything goes well.

I really need suggestions as right now the plan is all over the place. There are multiple routes and I'm not sure which one to take. My wife might also ride with me so I want to take the safer route.

Also, fog might be a problem on the highways during December so that'll also have to be figured out.

You are wrong , there are plenty of ppl who have done it on bikes . Its that you should look into right places like here and here .

All the best , Ride safe .Do post travelogue once done .clap:

If you don't mind me asking, whats your ride?

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1586081)

OT : No offence , the ride does not matter .Although bigger the better , he has ThunderBird , from his profile lol: .

Quote:

I ride a Thunderbird.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 1586071)
You are wrong , there are plenty of ppl who have done it on bikes . Its that you should look into right places like here and here .

All the best , Ride safe .Do post travelogue once done .clap:

I did look at bcmtouring but didn't find any travelogues at first glance. Guess I need to look harder :-)

Anyway, I'd still appreciate if the awesome tourers on this group would help me plan this trip a bit.

You need to look in the right places - speak to prabhubravo on xbhp or pm other folks!

There's nothing to plan.
Bengaluru - Surat/Baroda - Delhi for two hard days!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharninder (Post 1586107)
I ride a Thunderbird.

Since you have an Enfield, you may find this interesting or at least get some ideas here
60kph - Motorcycle Travel Club, India

sharninder: the easy option ofcourse is to go Bangalore-Pune-Vapi-Udaipur-Delhi: 4 laned heaven all the way. Interesting stopovers on the way like Pushkar.

If you have more time, you could stage via Bangalore-Hospet-Nagpur-Gwalior or Bangalore-Pune-Amravati-Indore-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 1586091)
OT : No offence , the ride does not matter .lol: .

IMO, it would be insane to do Bangalore Delhi on a commuter bike.

I just finished a Del-Mumbai road trip in 5 days taking the route: Del-Agra-Gwalior-Guna-Indore-Dhule-Nasik-Mumbai. Came to about 1600kms (sight-seeing de-tours and internal travel in cities included) and it took us 5 days coz we did sight-seeing at Agra, Gwalior, Mandu and Nasik. Assume you do not do spend time on that, I think you can do this trip in 5 days from Bangy to Delhi. The roads we good-to-awesome 70% of the way...the rest of the 30% was pot-holes ridden and almost entirely in MP. This would be a great time of the year to travel through the region.

A note of caution though - avoid travelling in the night esp. if travelling with your wife.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shutterbugger (Post 1588264)
A note of caution though - avoid travelling in the night esp. if travelling with your wife.

Thanks for the info Shutterbugger.

Yes, my wife would most probably be travelling with me but since I also don't like to ride at night, that's not a problem.