Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2009, 13:52   #31
BHPian

My suggestion on KLCC area for the evening: Go to the Sky Lounge of Hotel Maya. This place offers fantastic open air views of the Petronas on one side and the KL tower on the other side. this allows for great photo opportunities when the buildings are lit up. While you are there you can enjoy a drink and relax your tired feet!
Old 20th November 2009, 13:53   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Regarding airfare, its really surprising , but its fact and i have grabbed the opportunity.
Would you be able to share the name of the websites through which you did the booking or kept track of the fares
Currently BLR to SIN for some date in Jan is showing a return airfare of ~35-40 k depending on the airlines

Edit: above fares are for 2 people (Per Person will be ~18k)

Last edited by shk_24 : 20th November 2009 at 13:58.
Old 20th November 2009, 14:07   #33
MX6
Senior - BHPian

you can take screenshots of the pdf and upload them as image files here!

Kota tinggi is far from KL. It's 40 mins from singapore by bus/ taxi actually. Nice quaint place. Check out the heritage place in Malaysia called melakka (malacca).

View of Kota Tinggi. Trying to entice you.
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-imga0170.jpg  

Old 20th November 2009, 14:51   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
My suggestion on KLCC area for the evening: Go to the Sky Lounge of Hotel Maya.
Hotel Maya, we will consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk_24 View Post
Would you be able to share the name of the websites through which you did the booking or kept track of the fares
If you have fixed date of travel, then you have no choice but pay what airlines quote. But if you plan early, really early, then you can save some thousands at the cost of some hours of extra travel, you will get fantastic airfares and spend that saved cost on "moujmasti and purchases".
Track any travel service website for cost comparison and book the flight on airline website.
BTW, have you checked Tiger Airways?
I am sure, you will get return fare of @13500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
you can take screenshots of the pdf and upload them as image files here!

Kota tinggi is far from KL.
View of Kota Tinggi. Trying to entice you.
Actually, i have kept the cost matter details as surprises in travelogue.
I will definitely upload the itinerary in my travelogue. Till then, i wish you all "happy guessing".

kota tinggi not possible due to distances.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:03   #35
BHPian

Ashish, for a day visit Hop-on bus is the only way to experience Singapore. If you are going to Sentosa, may I suggest you to skip Orchard Road and satisfy your shopping fetish in the magnanimous Vivocity (or whatever it is called) Mall, the big daddy of all malls in Singapore and has virtually all stores you'd find on Orchard street (except maybe some super high-end luxury brands). Vivocity is right at the entrance for Sentosa.

Personally speaking, I'd not go to Sentosa if I were to be in Singapore for a single day- I'd either head to east side (Geylong, Airport side with lovely beaches and original Jumbo restaurant), or keep 2-3 hours each for Orchard Road, Chinatown and Singapore Flyer, and finally, 2 hours for a relaxed dinner at Clark Quay. Sentosa is good option if the group has children, or child-at-hearts.

If at Clark Quay, do go to Brewerkz for fantastic beer- it's a micro-brewery- try their Indian ale (award-winning beer).

EDIT: And please do tell us which website you used for booking! Somehow your ticket prices have knocked the socks off most folks here!

Last edited by greenh0rn : 20th November 2009 at 15:08.
Old 20th November 2009, 15:05   #36
MX6
Senior - BHPian

And when in Singapore please eat at Komala vilas (not komalas). Komala vilas used to give unlimited south indian Thali (served on traditional banana leaf), and used to charge 5SGD in 2005. No idea how much it is now. I used to eat there 20 days a month atleast for a year!
Komalas is good for Dosa stuff. Most Indians flock to Mustafa. I found it pathetic. I used to go to Orchard for shopping. I used to buy the electronic goods over the exhibitions that come once in 3 months. Good deals and good freebies. Check for visit singapore official site to see whether you have one now.
And the travel card for 8 SGD, when you push the card back on the machine, you get 3 SGD back. If you are driving thru pune, I have a spare card you may top up and use. I kind of get these cards from places I visit as remembrance. Have cards from london, glasgow, singapore.....
Old 20th November 2009, 15:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Ashish, for a day visit Hop-on bus is the only way to experience Singapore. Vivocity is right at the entrance for Sentosa.
keep 2-3 hours each for Orchard Road, Chinatown and Singapore Flyer, and finally, 2 hours for a relaxed dinner at Clark Quay.
If at Clark Quay, do go to Brewerkz for fantastic beer- it's a micro-brewery- try their Indian ale (award-winning beer).
EDIT: And please do tell us which website you used for booking! Somehow your ticket prices have knocked the socks off most folks here!
Thanks greenhorn for suggestions.
Should we visit singapore flyer?
We will visit vivocity if we do not have enough time for orchard. Actually, i don't think we will buy anything worth at orchard. We will get just feel of that place.
We will take dinner at clark quay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I used to eat there 20 days a month atleast for a year!
@MX6,
It seems that you are quite familiar with Singapore.
Please, suggest us itinerary for 8am from changi to 9pm to changi.
Our preferences are
1] sentosa
2] little india/china town
3] mustafa
4] merlion park
5] orchard road
6] dinner at clark quay.

Please fit these places in time frame and if possible, add other spots if time permits.
Please give details regarding mrt stations, hoho bus points etc. It will be really helpful for us.
Please suggest the place to buy cloths, souvenir items, other stuff at orchard, mustafa, vivocity.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 20th November 2009 at 15:30.
Old 20th November 2009, 16:36   #38
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks greenhorn for suggestions.
Should we visit singapore flyer?
We will visit vivocity if we do not have enough time for orchard. Actually, i don't think we will buy anything worth at orchard. We will get just feel of that place.
We will take dinner at clark quay.

@MX6,
It seems that you are quite familiar with Singapore.
Please, suggest us itinerary for 8am from changi to 9pm to changi.
Our preferences are
1] sentosa
2] little india/china town
3] mustafa
4] merlion park
5] orchard road
6] dinner at clark quay.

Please fit these places in time frame and if possible, add other spots if time permits.
Please give details regarding mrt stations, hoho bus points etc. It will be really helpful for us.
Please suggest the place to buy cloths, souvenir items, other stuff at orchard, mustafa, vivocity.
Thanks in advance.
You very much got it there in your list. Sentosa is fun place. Don't miss out the southern most point of Asia when you go to Sentosa. You can take a photo next to the board to show you've been to the southern most point of Asia.
The only issue with sentosa in the morning is that you don't get to see the magical fountain. That was the only place in singapore where I felt going again and again. Will post some photos shortly to give you an idea.
China town is famed for its shopping of souvenirs of singapore and massages. Mustafa is the heart of little india. If you are not in to shopping, please skip that. Once sentosa is done, you may go to have lunch at little india and from there proceed to orchard road. I'm not sure whether you have the world famous arial photo exhibition there still on orchard road. It's dotted with happening places.
Try out swissotel 72nd floor restaurant. You'd get a good view of all of singapore.
Clark Quay is good with it's waterside watering holes. if you are a non veg person, go to Jumbo.
There's also a tiger balm hill.
Will work on a plan for you and post with some photos as well.
One day at singapore is less. If I had one day, I'd spend all of it in Changi airport duty free shopping and catching up with a mini tour and a movie as well in the airport!
watch this place while I dig out from my archives and memory.

To start with here's what you will definitely miss. The magical fountain at sentosa. This is a sound and light show in the evening. Since your return flight is at 9 pm, you will not be able to stay back for this 20 min show and make it in time for your flight. Sorry to upset you. But try staying the night in singapore. Singapore comes alive in the night.

Here's a photo of the magical fountain. On left is Kiki the monkey, an animated figure done by laser beam projection on water. On the right, is a real man dressed like a clown. neat eh? Good show for over 20 mins with some amazing sound, light and water show!
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-p1010314.jpg

Last edited by MX6 : 20th November 2009 at 16:49. Reason: Adding photo
Old 20th November 2009, 17:00   #39
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Southern most point of Asia - Don't miss this place. Nothing great. But worth taking a photo with the board behind. Like been there, done that!
Attached Thumbnails
What to see in Malaysia and Singapore-imga0450.jpg  

Old 25th November 2009, 12:41   #40
BHPian

Ashish - as Viper_711 has suggested, Maya is a good option. Other option is Traders Hotel. Its bang opposite twin towers and the sky lounge (34th floor if I am right) is where you must spend one evening if time permits. Its a perfect place to have cocktails/mocktails and snacks overlooking the twin towers and KL sky line.

Sentosa is a nice place; I would suggest make it to the sound and light show (Mx6 has posted its photo); a must see if you are in Sentosa. Otherwise I found sentosa to be a nice theme park; not much to cheer about (if visiting in day time. I second what Greenhorn has said about Sentosa in his post. There are better things to do in S'pore given only one day.

Hope your plans and daywise schedule is finalised now. Do post that.
Old 25th November 2009, 12:47   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Hope your plans and daywise schedule is finalised now. Do post that.
No, no,
daywise plans has to be finalized yet based on inputs here.
@sentosa fountain show, it is not possible for us due to time constraint but we are looking for other options.

Regarding bird park, putrjaya and merdeka square, how should we go from bukit bintang station?
We will skip butterfly park as we will see it at sentosa.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:00   #42
BHPian

Ashish
Please avoid the "Night Safari" at Singapore - You will see all the Indian Animals (including a cow). IMHO its a pure waste of time and money.

If you get a chance please do visit the Raffles Hotel from inside.
Orchard Road is good for admiring the brands/ glamour but is expensive. China Town or Mustafa have better vfm.

The food is relatively cheap in Singapore and if you are a sea food lover the chilli crab is a must try item.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:19   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Ashish
Please avoid the "Night Safari" at Singapore -
If you get a chance please do visit the Raffles Hotel from inside.
Orchard Road is good for admiring the brands/ glamour but is expensive. China Town or Mustafa have better vfm.

The food is relatively cheap in Singapore and if you are a sea food lover the chilli crab is a must try item.
as earlier posted, we will not visit zoo or night safari.
@orchard road, we will visit to get just feel of that place.

regarding dinner, i am confused about where to take it?
clarke quay or boat quay?
which will be better in terms of getting back to changi easily? we have flight at 10:50pm, so we should be at changi @9:30pm.
Old 25th November 2009, 14:34   #44
BHPian

1. Putrajaya / Birdpark / Merdeka Square - H-O-H-O bus would cover bird park and merdeka square. So if you are taking that bus, almost all the KL attractions would be covered. Putrajaya - take monorail from Bkt Bintang to KL Sentral. Take KLIA Transit train (KLIA Express or Ekspres as they call it is non-stop train from KL Sentral to KLIA) and get down at Putrajaya station. It used to be RM 10 ticket for Putrajaya. Or take RM3 bus from KL Sentral to Putrajaya. From Putrajaya station bargain with the taxi fellow for tour to major attractions - mosque, PM's palace, major bridges on which many advertisements that we see are shot - i20, Hrithik Roshan's bike ad a few days back and many more. Putrajaya has no public transport which covers major destinations. So as I suggested leave Putrajaya for last day. Checkin at KL Sentral on last day morning; and head to Putrajaya. Spend 2-3 hrs there and then head to KLIA. If you plan to visit this place on any other day, half of the day is gone which you can spend in KL otherwise.

2. Dinner in Singapore - I dont remember the place name correctly; but its somewhere near Raffles place MRT station. that is where i used to work. From this station one side 10 mins walk is Merlion; otherside 10 mins walk is this place for riverside dinner. So spend evening near Merlion; take early dinner; finish it off by 8; and take MRT or taxi straight to Changi.

Hope this helps clear clouds.
Old 14th January 2010, 23:33   #45
BANNED

Quote:
No, no,

@sentosa fountain show, it is not possible for us due to time constraint but we are looking for other options.
it is sin to miss it . its spectacular.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks