Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 18:37   #31
BHPian

@ tanwaramit: thank you for the suggestion, but i have already made all plans based on the fact that i would be driving. I had taken the pain of not having a car in bangalore for 3 weeks and now even if i send it through maruti i would have it only a week earlier i actually reach BNG with all items.

i would stick to hvkumar' route. It's better confortable and safe...

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 1st December 2009 at 18:39. Reason: typos
Old 2nd December 2009, 08:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
@ tanwaramit: thank you for the suggestion, but i have already made all plans based on the fact that i would be driving. I had taken the pain of not having a car in bangalore for 3 weeks and now even if i send it through maruti i would have it only a week earlier i actually reach BNG with all items.

i would stick to hvkumar' route. It's better confortable and safe...
nothing can take away the pleasure of driving. all the best.

Do keep a log of toll tax (these can go ini thousands I guess) and some pictures on the road. would love to see both of them.
Old 2nd December 2009, 11:00   #33
BHPian

definitely, i would ask my wifey to keep a tab on all toll and other related expenses. I would carry my mewly acquired DSLR, but not sure how many snaps i would be able to click in the hectic driving schedule :-)
Old 13th December 2009, 21:18   #34
BHPian

hi guys...i would be starting on 17th morning and try to reach bangalore by 19th evening.

One question specially to hvkumar. Can you tell me if i can by-pass Mumbai while i am driving from Ahmedabad to Pune. Since i would not be doing a pit stop/night halt in mumbai it doesnt make sense for me to pass through mumbai (or do i need to?).

Please suggest.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

There are 2 routes to bypass Bombay - the shortest is via Thane, Kalwa, Mumbra, Taloja. But that road is in a bad shape and avoided.

The best route is via Thane, Mulund, Airoli, Turbhe. It should take you an hour from Ghodbunder (where you leave NH8) to reach Turbhe (where you join NH4, 10 kms before the Pune Expressway).

I have detailed the instructions for driving that route in the following link:
HOW TO BYPASS BOMBAY via New Bombay - North side - hvkumar | Google Groups

In case you have a Google Earth-compatible GPS device/ mobile phone, I will also be happy to send you a GPS guide on the route.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:47   #36
BHPian

thanks hvkumar... unfortunately i do not have a Google Earth-compatible GPS device/ mobile phone, but i would keep a printout of the directions.

Thanks a zillion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks