Team-BHP - Noida Bangalore ~ Help required
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Noida Bangalore ~ Help required (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/69638-noida-bangalore-help-required.html)

I have shifted base from Noida to Bangalore. Instead of spending 18K (as quoted by Agarwal Packers) i have decided to drive down in my Swift.

I did some research here and found the following route. Please give your suggestions. Please note that i would travel with my wife and she cannot drive. I plan to start around 4AM and do not want to drive after 7PM

Route:
Noida - Mathura - Agra - Gwalior - Guna - Indore (801 Km)
Indore - Burhanpur - Malkapur - Jalna - Beed - Barshi - Solapur (685 Km)
Solapur - Bijapur - Hospet - Chitradurga - Tumkur - Bangalore (624 Km)

I plan to stay on Night 1 at Indore and Night 2 at Solapur.

Please suggest route changes, possible stopovers, important things or diversions, hotels midway etc.

Since i would be traveling alone with wife, safety would be of prime importance. I do not intend to drive at speeds exceeding 100kmph if the road conditions allow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC (Post 1588227)
I have shifted base from Noida to Bangalore. Instead of spending 18K (as quoted by Agarwal Packers) i have decided to drive down in my Swift.

I did some research here and found the following route. Please give your suggestions. Please note that i would travel with my wife and she cannot drive. I plan to start around 4AM and do not want to drive after 7PM

Route:

Please suggest route changes, possible stopovers, important things or diversions, hotels midway etc.

Since i would be traveling alone with wife, safety would be of prime importance. I do not intend to drive at speeds exceeding 100kmph if the road conditions allow.

Not sure if that is the best route. Usually Delhi-Bombay-Bangalore is recommended on this forum. Have you gone through the following threads ?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-possible.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...pr-2009-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...eb-2009-a.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...elhi-back.html

Strongly recommended-

Jaipur >> Chitourgarh (Rajasthan) >> Udaipur >> Ahmedabad >> Vapi >> Mumbai >> Pune >> Belgaum (KA) >> Dharwar (Bypass) >> Chitradurga >> Tumkur >> Garden City

Please make sure you take the road towards Chitourgarh, the map may show this as a longer distance but its worth it, the road that takes you directly to Udaipur is not good.

Couple of strechs you dont want to drive at night.

* After Ahmedabad the roads are not in great shape till Mumbai (comparing to what you will see till here)

* After Dharwar till Chitradurga its a mess, avoid this road at any cost in the night, the trucks with high beams will make it very difficult to drive.

The rest of the drive is a dream.... Happy driving :thumbs up

You can follow the route details in the following file - Bombay-Delhi and Bangalore-Bombay.
Do not go on any other route.
I do Bangalore-Bombay in 12 hours and Bombay-Delhi in 17-19 hours, which means you can do it in 2 days.
Ideally, you can cross Bombay and halt at Vapi on Day 1.
In case you are not prepared for early morning starts (3 am onwards, but before 6 am), want to take lots of food/tea breaks and drive slower than 100 kmph (impossible on these super roads), you can still do it in 3 days, with breaks being in Satara/Pune and Udaipur.

GOLDEN QUADRILATERAL 2008 - hvkumar | Google Groups

Road conditions are good barring some patchy sections in Ranebennur-Haveri of NH4.

guys, i think there are so many people crazy for mile crunching. From bangalore to delhi in car. OMG.

If you follow Mr Kumar's directions/ suggestions you cannot go wrong - his information is always Tops as many of us here have experienced.

Starting early, driving through the day and stopping around 7pm is about the smartest thing you can do to avoid un-necessary strain and stress.

It is quite an adventure you are embarking on - have a great, enjoyable and safe drive.

Do pack lots of drinking water/ juices/ grub in case you get thirsty or peckish en route.
Useful to carry a personal car kit including a good powerful torch, first aid kit, sun-screen, moisturizer, necessary medicines, a good swiss knife/penknife, cap, sunglasses and of course the tool kit etc. Make sure your Jack etc is in good order and the tyre pressure is correct - especially your spare. Do please ensure you and your wife are securely strapped in with your seatbelts (however great the temptation to remove them)
And dont forget plenty of music which will keep you going on such a long drive!Have fun!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC (Post 1588227)

Route:

Reverse HVK's excel file (yes, its a dictionary) and follow the same route. I did this for my Delhi-Bangalore drive and the whole stretch was excellent except for some heavy traffic at Surat.
Don't forget to load as much as drinking water, and some fruits/snacks.

You drive at a very comfortable speed and check your speedo... you will find it well above 120kmph in this road :)

Enjoy your drive :)

Hi hyper-VTEC,

The route you have sketched seems to have been taken right out of a map. As you seem to be trying to draw a straight line connecting Noida and Bangalore. I am actually saying this in a lighter vein as I'm not really looking at a map and saying this. But I would like to say that GQ roads are definitely the best in this country and they set a standard of their own. Thus, it would be best if you hit the Jaipur road and halt at Ahmedabad / Udaipur on day 1. On day 2, you could easily plan a halt at either Satara / Karad and by the end of day 3, you should be in Bangalore. The roads are better than most others in this country

Cheers

Yes Akadin, you are correct, i took the route off Google Maps.

I would follow: GZB - Udaipur - Pune - Bangalore route

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamuraiJack (Post 1588269)

* After Ahmedabad the roads are not in great shape till Mumbai (comparing to what you will see till here)

The rest of the drive is a dream.... Happy driving :thumbs up

All but one flyovers complete now. Came back on last Friday. You wont face any problems here as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 1588900)
Do not go on any other route.
I do Bangalore-Bombay in 12 hours and Bombay-Delhi in 17-19 hours, which means you can do it in 2 days.
Ideally, you can cross Bombay and halt at Vapi on Day 1.
In case you are not prepared for early morning starts (3 am onwards, but before 6 am), want to take lots of food/tea breaks and drive slower than 100 kmph (impossible on these super roads), you can still do it in 3 days, with breaks being in Satara/Pune and Udaipur.

Road conditions are good barring some patchy sections in Ranebennur-Haveri of NH4.

While Going you can take halt in Daman, 11 km off highway but then you get to stay on beach or you can take halt in Silvasa.

Delhi Mumbai is not more than 17-19 hrs until unless you get stuck in a jam. I have been doing it since 2000, and besides on My enfield (took me 24.5 hrs) rest of my trips have been within 20 hrs. Have completed them in Matiz, Swift, Safari, Gurkha, Scorpio, and Corolla. Last week was third trip by corolla, and second trip to mumbai this year by vehicle. Gujarat is very safe even if you want to do night drive. No problems faced even in Rajasthan. Never been to Bangalore so cannot comment.

Try not to start early because the Fog will not leave you till Rajasthan ends - and this was last week.

Happy Journey and drive safe. Any place you feel your body is tired or feel sleepy or fatigued, stop the car and check in to any highway motel, and get some sleep. I feel better to sleep in Motel and take chances rather than chance driving on highway and sleeping.

Enjoy!

hyper-VTEC,

For Bangalore, the route suggested by HVK guru and others via Mumbai is the best option. No second thought required on that. Also plz take care of the other necessary precautions as mentioned by shankar_balan and others. I need not to repeat them. Given your preferences, taking 2 night halts will make it really easy. You'll certainly enjoy this drive. No doubts about that.

Write back your experiences after you settle in the Graden city.

wishing you a happy and safe drive.

one small thing - today's Times of India carried an ad for a nice compact little Road Atlas of India for Motorists - priced at about Rs 299/-
try and get that unless of course you already have SatNav or something of the sort. It is just a useful additional safety measure so that you can cross check when in doubt, if ever.

Thank you everyone for your tips and sugesstions. I would carry my friends' Garmin with satguide maps.

I was thinking of:
Noida ~ Udaipur (halt)
Udaipur ~ Pune (halt - I have relatives in Pune and can stay there. no need to search a hotel)
Pune ~Bangalore

Now what i want is to cover as much distance in Day 1 and 2 and less on Day 3 (Day 3: Pune - Bangalore would require about 13-14 hours??) because after reaching Bangalore on Sunday, i have to join office on Monday, so want to make sure that i enter bangalore by 6pm.

So is there any suggestions on whether i should halt in Udaipur on Day 1 or maybe cover some more distance and finish Day 1 elsewhere.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC (Post 1591611)

I was thinking of:
Noida ~ Udaipur (halt)
Udaipur ~ Pune (halt - I have relatives in Pune and can stay there. no need to search a hotel)
Pune ~Bangalore

Now what i want is to cover as much distance in Day 1 and 2 and less on Day 3 (Day 3: Pune - Bangalore would require about 13-14 hours??) because after reaching Bangalore on Sunday, i have to join office on Monday, so want to make sure that i enter bangalore by 6pm.

if you leave from Pune at 4 AM, then you can reach Bangalore by 6 PM.

but i would suggest you to keep one free day after reaching bangalore and you joining your work. because after 3 continuous days of driving, i am sure you would be drop dead tired. this day would help you recover.

this free day would act as buffer as well. Also ensure that your car is well serviced and especially inspected for clutch plate wear off.

drafe safe, welcome to bangalore

Ok when we are at it a slightly off-topic question
My 3 yrs. 30,000 Kms (only 19,500 kms in odo) service is due January. Should i go in for a full serive now, or should i just do a all fluids, battery, air pressure check now and get full service when i reach bangalore?