Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 10:41   #1
BHPian

Route Query: Bangalore to Tiruvannamalai

Hello,

I am looking at going to tiruvannamalai this weekend. Would like to know how the route is now after the recent rainfall. Also, I was told that there is rainfall expected there over the weekend. Please, can someone local confirm?

Many Thanks
Prasad
Old 18th November 2009, 13:15   #2
Team-BHP Support

Had gone three weeks back. Please look at my earlier posts on the same thread. Not sure of the current day climate.
Old 18th November 2009, 13:25   #3
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

lovely place. that temple is beautiful.

go on the Hosur road to Krishnagiri.
Once you turn left towards the Madras highway at Krishnagiri a little further you will come to a large right turn which points the way to Pondicherry.
Take that route -Thiruvannamalai is about 3 hours away on that road give or take.
Old 18th November 2009, 13:46   #4
BHPian

Hi
Thanks for the route. But, would you know, possibly how the route is now, after the recent rainfall?

I am being asked to wait for a week or so more, as more rainfall is expected this weekend.

Is this true?

regards
Prasad
Old 18th November 2009, 15:33   #5
BHPian

Hi Prasad

The roads get very bad only when there is excess rainfall. This monsoon has been pretty normal over Tamilnadu and there is no reports of flooding in the Tiruvannamalai route. I traveled there a month ago and the road from krishnagiri to Tiruvannamalai is very much drivable. Patches were made on potholes and we can cruise easily at 70~80kms/hour on that road.

So dont worry and have a pleasant drive over the weekend. You can probably try to cover two more very good Vishnu temples at Tirukovilur and Thiruvarangam which can be covered at a total of 60kms triangular drive from Tiruvannamalai. The road to tirukovilur is very good and from there to tiruvarangam and back to tiruvannamalai is decent.
Old 18th November 2009, 18:05   #6
Senior - BHPian

There are existing threads for this route: Please use this one:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...annamalai.html

The latest update on this route is from the Bangalore to Pondicherri thread. This was as of yesterday.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1588856
Old 19th November 2009, 08:17   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Hi Prasad

The roads get very bad only when there is excess rainfall. This monsoon has been pretty normal over Tamilnadu and there is no reports of flooding in the Tiruvannamalai route. I traveled there a month ago and the road from krishnagiri to Tiruvannamalai is very much drivable. Patches were made on potholes and we can cruise easily at 70~80kms/hour on that road.

So dont worry and have a pleasant drive over the weekend. You can probably try to cover two more very good Vishnu temples at Tirukovilur and Thiruvarangam which can be covered at a total of 60kms triangular drive from Tiruvannamalai. The road to tirukovilur is very good and from there to tiruvarangam and back to tiruvannamalai is decent.
Thanks for that Gopikb. I just need one or two people for company now, as the wife can't travel.

BTW, I have studied in Tirukkovilur for a year so will be visiting the school. You may find this a bit odd, but I am a Shaivite

regards
Prasad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks