Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 21:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Udupi - Kukke - Bangalore

Hello Guys,

I’m planning to travel Bangalore – Udupi (halt for a day or two) – Kukke – Bangalore - Starting this Sunday morning.

Could you please help me with the available route options and what route is going to be best / optimal while I’m driving PalioD?

If we want to offer proper puja at Kukke, do we need to book in advance? In that case, I guess we may need to spend one full day and night out there, else we may plan for a couple hour halt for darshan at Kukke. Suggestions on good places to stay at Udupi and Kukke are welcome. Thank you.
Old 18th November 2009, 22:05   #2
BHPian

Hi Ketan,

Not been to Kukke, but I too plan to visit sometime soon and bumped into the below info from one of the Travelogues. Hope it helps.

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#0000ff]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travelogues/45424-my-first-travelogue-bangalore-kukke.html[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Shree Kukke Subrahmanya Temple
Old 19th November 2009, 00:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thank you,

I remember going through that one earlier. 3 months back I travelled to Kukke and back, but it was a hired vehicle (Innova) and I found the road was in bad shape.

This time, I'm driving my vehicle, I'm thinking to go to Udupi via charmadi ghat (I guess that should be the right route - I'm to find out more) and want to do Kukke on way back - that time, I may still use charmadi ghat (assuming shiradi ghat is still not so good and time consuming and charmadi will be more scenic), I also read from a few guys drove shiradi ghar recently that its been fixed and good to drive - though not read / heard anything for past 15 days or so, need to know the most recent status so I can take a call (if its not too long and time consuming, I would love the quiet and scenic charmadi route). Bangalore to Mangalore thread will also provide good information on this - I will keep an eye on that thread as well.
Old 19th November 2009, 10:42   #4
BHPian

There is a 90+ page long thread running for over three years about traveling to the coasts. You'll get all the info you need over there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-udupi-90.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks