Team-BHP - Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/69723-cool-drives-within-150-km-bangalore-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 1660699)

Makali is a station on Hyderabad mainline after Dodbellapur (I guess about 70-80KM in total from Bangalore). You need to drive to the station, park your car (I hope its safe, I have done it) and start walking on the railway track for about 2KM, towards the HYD side. You will hit the base of the hill, and would be greeted by the Makali temple. Beyond the temple starts the trek to the top of the hill. It looks like a true setting of a dacoit movie :D!

Oh to see the trains dip into the slopey valley from the road itself is a great sight.

KRS in mysore is a pretty common place where most tourists go to. However I don't know how many of you all have visited the KRS backwaters called blue lagoon. Try and visit this place if you can.

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-1-.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-2-.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-3-.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-4-.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-5-.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-6-.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by airguitar (Post 2095472)
Oh to see the trains dip into the slopey valley from the road itself is a great sight.

It was real fun climbing to the top. A select snaps I had posted earlier.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1525842

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 2095477)
KRS in mysore is a pretty common place where most tourists go to. However I don't know how many of you all have visited the KRS backwaters called blue lagoon. Try and visit this place if you can.

How do you approach this place Riju?

Quote:

Originally Posted by airguitar (Post 2095453)
I would recommend Bangalore -> BR Hills -> K.Gudi stretch-> Bangalore. 375 kms roundtrip. What a beautiful drive it is through the BR Hills Sanctuary! If you're smitten by the place ( which you'll be ), you'll always go back for the stay at JLR there for a day more. If you're not, the 1 day drive will still be an experience.

hey, can you give the exact route details for this? I am thinking of doing this circuit :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRRaj (Post 2095791)
hey, can you give the exact route details for this? I am thinking of doing this circuit :)

Take the Kanakpura road (NH209).

Here is a thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...nd-k-gudi.html

100kms after Bangalore, 25kms from Kolar (Tirupati/Chennai Road), there a nice temple town called Kurudumale(near Mulbagal). There is a historic Ganesha temple there built during Cholas period. The Ganesha idol is 14ft tall.

The village is quite scenic and roads are excellent.

Wiki- Kurudumale MahaGanapathy

There is also a Someshwara temple.

Near Kolar there is Kotilingeshwara(a crore of Lingas) temple.

Kurudumale Temple Idol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 2094900)
It says 3K per person there, had checked that out intially as its the most famous. Need something like 4k for 2 people per night. Anything cheaper, like a homestay etc?

@mkh,
One more alternative is that, if you have somebody at Mysore, ask them to book the rooms offered by Govt of Karnataka.
Last trip of mine to Bandipur, i tried that and it was really good. Specially in the night after 8pm, you come out of your room and you would see that you are surrounded by 1000's of deers.
Rooms are pretty neat and the best part is about the lunch and dinner they serve, very good with lot of varities.
But the rooms are pretty cheap over here, i think it should be Rs.500/- only, food extra, again this should be around 40 or 50 per meal.

So the options that emerge
1. Bandipur( wondering if there is something else that can be covered other than this on that trip)
2. K-Gundi
3. Wayanad
4. Nagarhole
5. Madikere
How about Hoggenakal falls? I know nothing as wild life there, but anything else one can see around that place as its a 1 day trip i think if seeing only the falls
I think if i am not wrong, Nagarhole, Wayanad and Iruppu falls are close to each other and can be done on a 2 day trip?
Any suggestions on 1-2 places that can be covered together?
rk_sans- that is a great idea, let me figure out if i know someone. Heard that there are homestays in a few places- sort of cheaper cottages?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkh (Post 2095940)
How about Hoggenakal falls? I know nothing as wild life there, but anything else one can see around that place as its a 1 day trip i think if seeing only the falls

At Hogenekkal, other than falls, you don't have much. (Go prepared with food, if you are a vegetarian). If you stretch little more, you can try to see Yercaud, which is about 30kms hill drive from Salem. (in total 230 kms from bangalore, one way)

-Ravi

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravib (Post 2096075)
At Hogenekkal, other than falls, you don't have much. (Go prepared with food, if you are a vegetarian). If you stretch little more, you can try to see Yercaud, which is about 30kms hill drive from Salem. (in total 230 kms from bangalore, one way)

-Ravi

Yercaud is a familiar destination, been there. I think one the way back to Bangalore,one can stop at Hogenakkal and be back? Never did this stop, heard its only a 2-3 hours trip there and one can do this

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRRaj (Post 2095791)

I see Ampere has already replied. If you can, try doing this as a 2 day trip with overnight stay there to get the best out of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2095484)
How do you approach this place Riju?

. When you are going towards Brindavan gardens you will be passing a police station. Before the police station there is a left turn. Take that route and you will reach the top of the KRS dam and you can see the back waters. It is wonderful place.

still trying to figure out a good trip, for 2 days i can go to bandipur or nagarhole
But if nagarhole, then its worth going to wayanad also?
Had seen a couple of threads on 2/3 days trips and one of them had details of a 3 days trip,forgot to store the link :(

Any recent experiences from someone on a day trip to a place outside? Hogenakkal sounds good, how about any other places?

If its a team outing, Jaladhama may be a good option as I had mentioned in an earlier earlier post on the same thread. Food/Stay may not be all that great, but lots of outdoors for the team.