Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2024, 02:32   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Planning to do a ride on Attibele - Denkanikottai - Anchetti - Hoganekkal. I haven't taken that route for a long time now. Does anyone know what is the current condition of the road?
Not sure if you already made the ride/drive. I do travel on this route till Anchetti frequently and towards Denkanikottai and surrounding areas on regular basis.
As someone suggested, via Atibele is one option where you get some very little stretch of bad patch before TVS factory/check post to try some standup riding. Although it's not as bad as it used to be.

I'd suggest riding through Bannerghatta (or Chandapura) towards Anekal - Gumalapura - Thally - Denkanokottai - Anchetti and onwards. Thally route is narrower than Atibele/Hosur - Denk route but more scenic/beautiful with fewer tree tunnels left on this route. On your return, you may wan to take Denk - Atiblele/Hosur to try that out as well. Not much idea beyond Anchetti/Natrapalaym as it's been long I have gone that far.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 15:58   #752
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Are you talking about Tobo Hill top? This place is closed for public now.
I remember you had mentioned this place earlier so when I was near Bannerghatta last week, thought I’d try it for sunrise.
When I got there, realised it’s a small hillock that’s partially quarried. There were students from nearby educational institutions who had walked up.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd February 2024 at 16:03.
Old 5th February 2024, 08:56   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I remember you had mentioned this place earlier so when I was near Bannerghatta last week, thought I’d try it for sunrise.
When I got there, realised it’s a small hillock that’s partially quarried. There were students from nearby educational institutions who had walked up.
It used to be a nice place before but now they have put a gate and closed it. Yes, kids jump-over and go or they find other entries to reach that hillock.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 16:48   #754
BHPian

Are there any suggestions to take my 5 year old to, preferably one night trip (so, not very far)? Looking for places which will be more of an experience for her rather than just another trip, for example, was looking at starscapes in Coorg. Has anyone gone there and how is the experience? Other suggestions are welcome too. Thank you.
Old 8th April 2024, 19:56   #755
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto1985 View Post
Are there any suggestions to take my 5 year old to, preferably one night trip (so, not very far)? Looking for places which will be more of an experience for her rather than just another trip, for example, was looking at starscapes in Coorg. Has anyone gone there and how is the experience? Other suggestions are welcome too. Thank you.
Simplest: One night stay in Mysore and visit the Zoo. It's the best actually. And not far too. There is also a rail museum.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 22:39   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto1985 View Post
The obvious Mysore - the zoo, Payana car museum - if interested, Mysore aquarium of sea life .. Although Kodagu has scattered rainfalls, weather is not that good there now.

Last edited by _chikku : 8th April 2024 at 22:42.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks