Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 15:31   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
The problem I am facing is that I am not able to locate the Memorial on Google maps.
Not sure why you aren't, it is here:

https://goo.gl/maps/XGUgYzzJTqj
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 16:52   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post
The problem I am facing is that I am not able to locate the Memorial on Google maps. Any help here will be appreciated.

If any one is familiar with these areas, would want to know if there are any good lunch options around this route?
Hope this helps Link

Regarding lunch option, nothing much. Better options are available only once you return to NH.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 17:38   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Not sure why you aren't, it is here:

https://goo.gl/maps/XGUgYzzJTqj
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hope this helps Link

Regarding lunch option, nothing much. Better options are available only once you return to NH.
Thanks binand and mpksuhas.

Thanks to the shifting of the holiday from tomorrow to Thursday now this drive looks doubtful. Sigh.
Old 7th July 2016, 08:46   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Last weekend we 5 families had planned for a coorg trip but it got canceled last minute due to heavy rains in Coorg. So, we couldn't come-up with any alternate plan. But kids were adamant for at least a day trip. Again we didn't get time to research on this as well. So, this is what we did,
  • Buffet Breakfast at Kamat Lokaruchi, Mysore Road. This took more than a hour.
  • Spend couple of hours in Speedway Gokarting. This is closer to Kamat Lokaruchi. Since it was a Friday, it was only us and it looked like we owned this place for the day.
  • Another 20Kms from here, there is a Heritage Vineyard. Had lunch here and spent around 3-4 hours lazily exploring the place. This place is spacious and has open place for kids to play around. Also, we can walk around their vineyard.(http://www.heritagewinery.in/aboutus.html)
It was a fun day with impromptu activities. Total Kms covered was around 150 Kms.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 08:58   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

What started as a trip to Gorur dam morphed into something else
Detailed route & experience here

Teaser pic
Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-m4.jpg
procrj is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 11:04   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
What started as a trip to Gorur dam morphed into something else
Good find! So many of us take that route around that region, but not one cared to look around!

Last edited by ampere : 7th July 2016 at 11:07.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 16:37   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hope this helps Link

Did Nandi hills - Nandi temple - Muddenahalli yesterday. Thanks for the thread which was helpful in planning. I will put up a small travelogue on this soon.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 11:18   #293
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited Karighatta en route Mysore, this was on to-do list for a long time . Since I took the Kanakapura-Bannur road, it was kind of a longish route. I took Bannur-Srirangapatna SH and this place is a short climb on the right side 3-5 Km before the junction with Bangalore-Mysore Road.
A small hillock just off the Bangalore-Mysore Road, has about 4-5 hair pin bends before you reach the top. There is an old temple, it was closed when I reached there at 8:50am. There is a view point at one of the hair pin bends and another just behind the temple, awesome views. There was not a single soul on the hillock and on the road when going up. Saw couple of vans and two wheelers on my way down.
There was a light drizzle and overcast sky and I had only my phone camera, pardon picture quality, it doesn't do justice to the beauty of the place.

If one plans to just visit this place, it would be better to take Bangalore-Mysore road and take the turn off near Srirangapatna, this place is about 3-4Km from the road.

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-kg1.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-kg2.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-kg3.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-kg4.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-kg5.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-kg6.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-kg7.jpg

Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore-kg8.jpg

Last edited by NPV : 9th July 2016 at 11:37.
NPV is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 15:35   #294
BHPian

Guys, I am planning to go on a small drive+dinner outing with friends and family. Please suggest a good family friendly restaurant around Bangalore within 80-90 KM. The plan is to start at 7-00 PM, drive for about 2 hrs and then dinner. Its a big group with ladies & kids ranging from 3 months to 4 years. Veg / Non-veg anything is good; safe and family friendly environment is priority.

P.S.: Its on a Saturday evening, so plz consider traffic conditions too.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 28th July 2016 at 15:36.
Old 28th July 2016, 16:22   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Guys, I am planning to go on a small drive+dinner outing with friends and family. .
If you are planning it on this Saturday keep in mind about the bandh call.

Else, two places which are near to Bangalore (though less than 80/90 KM you mentioned) are Indian Paratha Company near Devanahalli and Malgudi Vatika before Bidadi on Mysore road. Both places serves only average food, however it has a combination of drive, space to sit and chat with friends and food.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 17:58   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest a good family friendly restaurant around Bangalore within 80-90 KM.
Swati delicacy near kunigal is a good option - about 90 km from Orion mall, Rajajinagar. Very family friendly with a kids play area as well. As mentioned by Suhas, if its this Saturday, then many places might be closed because of the bandh.
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 18:25   #297
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I am planning to go on a small drive+dinner outing with friends and family. Please suggest a good family friendly restaurant around Bangalore within 80-90 KM.
Saturday evening 7pm start + 80-90 Km in 2 hours seems quite difficult honestly.

Your options will all be outside the city on the highways, so some more options:
-Mysore Road has Rasta Cafe (kids will like the place), Kamat Lokaruchi (not it's erstwhile standard now), and many more on the way to Mysore. Food may not be all that great

-NH 7 north (Hyderabad route) - has Indian Paratha Company after the Airport junction but again I've heard that food is sometimes not great. Prakruthi resorts (I think it's Windflower now) is good as well as Club Cabana

-NH 7 south (Hosur road) - You can try La Classic at Attibele on left side (after Ramee Guestline hotel on the right). In fact Ramee Guestline also has a good lawn and place for kids

-NH 4 north (Tumkur Road) - You can go to Golden Palms, very nice place and kids will love it

-NH 4 south (Kolar side) - There is a new Maiyas but not sure if they have a children's play area, etc

-NH 209 (Kanakapura Road) - Holiday Village used to be good, not sure if its still around

-On the NH 48 Mangalore Road, if you're considering Swathi Delicacy near Yediyur, you can also try Mayura at Bellur Cross (another 10 odd Km away) but these places tend to get very crowded on weekends with the road tripping transit crowd

-On the Yelahanka/Dodballapur road you have Ramanashree Resort

I think some of the resorts around Bangalore will be a better choice since they're not too far from Bangalore and you get good ambience/facilities for children, food may not be too good though

Last edited by NPV : 28th July 2016 at 18:29.
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 20:30   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
P.S.: Its on a Saturday evening, so plz consider traffic conditions too.
This alone in my opinion is not worth it! Traffic is so pathetic these days, that by the time you get into highway mode, all guys in the car would be in deep slumber ! Add to it we are talking dinner time.
Old 3rd August 2016, 13:48   #299
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Guys
I am planning to go to Makalidurga on 15 Aug morning with a friend. Never been there before.
Can somebody guide me where to stop and and how far to walk on the railway track and from what point to start climbing up? Which side and way to go Iocate the best view point around the fort?

Thanks

Edit: I found a post describing that one needs to start climbing from the point one sees a temple at the base. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-day-trip.html)
Another website talks about some 54/400 milepost. Are both the same?

Last edited by Ragul : 3rd August 2016 at 13:54.
Old 3rd August 2016, 14:05   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
Guys

Can somebody guide me where to stop and and how far to walk on the railway track and from what point to start climbing up? Which side and way to go Iocate the best view point around the fort?
This blogpost will be useful.
sanjaykk is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed