Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 19:36   #16
BHPian

Definitely, dear Nainar. I can vouch for it that those guys were not lying to you. It was love at first sight for me. I saw that town on the hill and marked it in my mind for a revisit later. By the way, I have several things on my agenda in that part of Rajasthan. One day in Bundi, a half day in Jhalrapatan and a day or two in Bhainsror Garh
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:07   #17
Team-BHP Support

I grew up at Rawat Bhata and there were so many dams on the Chambal, that I never ever thought that we were living in a desert state. The ravines were so beautiful and Bhainsrogarh is just amazing.
Old 27th November 2009, 00:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

I finally leave for Delhi on the morning of 28th and I have another query.
I understand that while driving from Vadodara to Udaipur, it is no longer necessary to go all the way to Ahmedabad or even Himatnagar and that there is a turn from the expressway itself which leads directly to the Shamalji border. If anyone is aware of this route and the road condition kindly advise.
Old 27th November 2009, 08:24   #19
BHPian

I dont think you can avoid Himatnagar. When driving from Vadodra, look for directions saying Himatnagar and take that exit. If you miss that exit, you will go to Ahmedabad when driving in the expressway. Be aware that the entire express way has 3-4 exits only. The exits are well marked and you canot miss it.

You take that and you will enter Sardar Patel Ring road which bypasses Ahmedabad. Another two toll gates come and keep the toll reciept to be used as the toll paid in the first one is valid in the next one also if you mention in the first toll gate that you are going to Udaipur.

Nainar
Old 28th November 2009, 15:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Teamsters,

I am still in Bombay. One of my closest friends lost his maternal uncle at Delhi. I will now be flying to Delhi tomorrow morning along with his mother.

What this means is that the Kota/Jhalawar trips will be done either by train or will have to be undertaken in early February. Whichever the case the trip to Jhaltarpan is very much on my agenda. Kindly bear with me until then.
Old 30th July 2021, 20:14   #21
BHPian

Delhi-Kota Route stopovers

Hi BHPians,

I am planning a drive to Kota next month. Route plan is straightforward:
Delhi-Jaipur-Tonk-Bundi-Kota
1st Stop: Behror
2nd Stop: outskirts of Jaipur (optional)

I will be leaving Delhi early morning and will cross Jaipur a much before lunchtime. Delhi to Jaipur (NH-48) is well known and well covered but where can one stop after Jaipur?

I guess i will have to stop around Tonk. Any recommendations for good places on NH-52 where i can stop for lunch?
Old 5th July 2023, 10:26   #22
BHPian

Ahmedabad - Jhalawar Best Route

I would be driving to Jhalawar from Ahmedabad this Friday for some work. I would appreciate if anyone can share their experience of the following route...

Bichhiwara - Dungarpur - Ganoda - Pratapgarh - Mandsaur - Bhawani Mandi - Jhalawar.

The default route suggested by Google maps is via Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Kota. But I want to know if the above route condition if anyone travels on that route.

Most Viewed