Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:59   #1
BHPian

Karur - Mangalore route

Hi Folks,

I will be traveling to Mangalore from my home town near Karur (TN) next month. Can someone suggest shorter route information along with it's present condition please?

Thanks

Last edited by funda2max : 23rd November 2009 at 21:05.
Old 24th November 2009, 19:46   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Hi Folks,

I will be traveling to Mangalore from my home town near Karur (TN) next month. Can someone suggest shorter route information along with it's present condition please?

Thanks
Hi,

The short route is Karur - Erode - Sathy - Thimbam - Hasanur - Chamaraj Nagar - Mysore - Hunsur - Kushal Nagar - Madikeri - Suliya - Puttur - Mangalore. The buses also taking this route only.
1) From Karur to Hasanur is a good stretch.
2) From Hasanur to Chamaraj Nagar is bad. 40kms.
3) From Chamaraj Nagar to Kushal Nagar is a good stretch.
4) From Kushal Nagar to Mangalore is bad. 150kms.

It will take minimum of 12Hrs for a normal driving.
Old 24th November 2009, 22:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest that you travel via Bangalore since the NH7 is fantastic now all the way to Bangalore.Thanks to the NICE Road, you can bypass Bangalore city and get onto NH48 at Nelamangala. However, I believe NH48 to Mangalore via Hassan is not in great shape at the moment.

The road leading to and fro Madikeri is in a bad shape.

Alternative route would have been to go to Kannur and take NH17 from there, but Kasargod-Mangalore stretch is also not in good shape.
Old 25th November 2009, 08:43   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I would suggest that you travel via Bangalore since the NH7 is fantastic now all the way to Bangalore.Thanks to the NICE Road, you can bypass Bangalore city and get onto NH48 at Nelamangala. However, I believe NH48 to Mangalore via Hassan is not in great shape at the moment.

The road leading to and fro Madikeri is in a bad shape.

Alternative route would have been to go to Kannur and take NH17 from there, but Kasargod-Mangalore stretch is also not in good shape.
Thanks Kumar. Do you have any idea of roads till Kasargod? I can bear Kasargod-mangalore stretch for around 40 odd kms. I am not sure about the current condition of roads till Kasargod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
Hi,

The short route is Karur - Erode - Sathy - Thimbam - Hasanur - Chamaraj Nagar - Mysore - Hunsur - Kushal Nagar - Madikeri - Suliya - Puttur - Mangalore. The buses also taking this route only.
1) From Karur to Hasanur is a good stretch.
2) From Hasanur to Chamaraj Nagar is bad. 40kms.
3) From Chamaraj Nagar to Kushal Nagar is a good stretch.
4) From Kushal Nagar to Mangalore is bad. 150kms.

It will take minimum of 12Hrs for a normal driving.
Thanks. Yes, it will definitely take 12 hrs in this stretch. I recently did Bangalore-mysore-madikere-puttur-mangalore 15 days back, so i want to tryout new roads.

Most Viewed