Team-BHP - Best Route - Gurgaon to Patiala
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Best Route - Gurgaon to Patiala (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/70176-best-route-gurgaon-patiala.html)

Hi Guys

Need some help.

I need to know the best route (read fastest = good roads) for traveling to Patiala Airport, starting from DLF Phase - 2, Gurgaon.

Need this urgent as am traveling this Sunday.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

I used to do this route long ago. Used to go via outer ring road i think, to Karnal bypass junction. From there, you go down NH1 all the way till almost Rajpura. Just on the border of Rajpura, you take the road that goes under the railway line, follow it till around 750 meters, then turn right. You will hit the main road, turn left and go straight. That will take you into Patiala.

OT: When did Patiala get an airport?? Or is it the small training school strip?

Hi,

You could make it faster if you follow Gurgaon - Delhi cantt - Karnal by-pass - Sonepat - Panipat - Karnal (NH1 till here) - Pehowa - Patiala. But if you want to continue on NH1 for a longer period of time the route suggested by Amitoj above is fine. But frankly, going via Rajpura is like going ahead and then turning back because you would actually be going southward from there on.

Dear friend,

Just checked google maps. They are showing a direct route from Gurgaon to Kundli, effectively by-passing Delhi. Do ask some local taxi drivers as it may give you a good break. From Kundli, it would be as I told you, i.e., Sonepat - Panipat - Karnal - Pehowa - Patiala

Hi rishin.kalra,

I was just thinking about it that if you have never been to these parts, you may not be able to understand how to head in the direction of Pehowa from Karnal. I'll try to guide you with this post. When you reach Karnal on the GT Road, first thing you will see is Namaste Chowk and that can also be called the first place where you can enter the town. Leave that as it is and continue on the GT Road by-pass. Next you will reach the Meerut Chowk, where going right will take you towards Meerut and left into the town. Leave that alone as well and continue towards Ambala on GT Road. You will reach the next Chowk, where going right will take you towards sectors 6 and 7 and left will take you into the town towards Sabzi Mandi. Take this left and keep going till you reach "Ghanta-ghar Chowk". You will easily make this out as there is a huge statue of Sri Krishna and Arjun. From here take a right and you will cross from in front of the bus stand and reach Ambedkar Chowk. Take a left and you are on the Patiala road. On the way to Patiala, you will come across Kaul, Dhandh, Pehowa.

Have a nice trip

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akadian (Post 1601358)
Hi rishin.kalra,

I was just thinking about it that if you have never been to these parts, you may not be able to understand how to head in the direction of Pehowa from Karnal. I'll try to guide you with this post. When you reach Karnal on the GT Road, first thing you will see is Namaste Chowk and that can also be called the first place where you can enter the town. Leave that as it is and continue on the GT Road by-pass. Next you will reach the Meerut Chowk, where going right will take you towards Meerut and left into the town. Leave that alone as well and continue towards Ambala on GT Road. You will reach the next Chowk, where going right will take you towards sectors 6 and 7 and left will take you into the town towards Sabzi Mandi. Take this left and keep going till you reach "Ghanta-ghar Chowk". You will easily make this out as there is a huge statue of Sri Krishna and Arjun. From here take a right and you will cross from in front of the bus stand and reach Ambedkar Chowk. Take a left and you are on the Patiala road. On the way to Patiala, you will come across Kaul, Dhandh, Pehowa.

Have a nice trip

Is this a shorter and faster route? How good is the condition of the roads?

Hi Kumar,

This is the closest you can get to a crow-fly distance between Gurgaon and Patiala. I can bet this will be faster than going all the way to Rajpura and then heading south-west. Roads are not bad and the width of the road is much better than some of the roads I've seen in AP recently

Akadian, Amitoj

thanks a lot for responsding with the query.

have been on the GT road a coupla time, but yes for the right turn from GT Road, Akadian ur tips will really come in handy.

btw n e idea bout the road conditions.

thanks

Hi Rishin,

There is one more thing you could do to get out of Karnal faster. If you skip the chowk I asked you to take last time, the next chowk would be Nirmal Kutiya Gurudwara Chowk. Take a left there and you will pass from in front of Mini Secretariat, later Civil Hospital and finally reach a T-junction next to the old district court. Take a left there and the first chowk then would be Ambedkar Chowk and you must take a right there to reach Patiala road (actually called Mall Road or "Thandi" (cold) sarak (road) in Karnal).

This way you can beat the congestion that is the norm in front of the Sabzi Mandi. You will hardly take 15 minutes to get out of Karnal this way.