Team-BHP - Direction to reach TVM airport
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Direction to reach TVM airport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/70243-direction-reach-tvm-airport.html)

Could some one please help me in the direction to reach TVM airport . Iam confused of the route within the city .I would be travelling from TVLA via Kottarakarra to TVM . I need the route directions within the TVM city .Iam aware of Mar Ivanious College which is on the way and direction to reach the airport from the college would be ideal for me to follow.

Also need to know about road condition on the TVLA ---> KOTTARAKARA---> TVM .

TIA

From Mar Ivanious college area, continue till you reach Kesavadasapuram junction where you take a right towards Ulloor junction.

From here, you have two options.

1. Kesavadasapuram -> Ulloor -> Kannammoola -> Pallimmukku -> Pettah -> Chackah -> Airport

Kesavadasapuram -> at Kesavadasapuram junction take right to Ulloor -> Ulloor -> at Ulloor junction take left towards Medical College -> TVM Medical College, proceed further and at the Y junction, take right towards Kannammola -> Kannammoola, proceed further -> Pallimukku juncton, take right towards Pettah -> Pettah, proceed further -> Chackah -> At junction meeting TVM Bypass Road take left -> proceed on bypass road further Enchakkal and take right turn at the junction after Enchakkal -> proceed further -> you will reach the domestic/international airport entrance.

2. Kesavadasapuram -> Ulloor -> Kazhakkootam -> Chackah -> Airport

Kesavadasapuram -> at Kesavadasapuram junction take right to Ulloor -> Ulloor -> at Ulloor junction take right towards Kazhakkuttam -> proceed further till you reach Kazhakkootam junction where left is TVM bypass road and right is Kollam -> take left -> proceed further till Chackah where it joins option 1.

Option 1 is shorter but goes through heart of city and you need to watch for turns, keep asking for directions.
Option 2 is longer, but straightforward. This route takes NH 47 and then the bypass road.

At Chackah junction, you have the option of taking right towards Airport, but this is circuitous as you will end up circling the runway to reach the entrance of airport. This goes via the Shanghumugham beach and while driving you would see the sea as well.

There are other options like Aakkulam route etc, which I am not suggesting since you are relatively new to the routes.

Option 2 will be ideal for him (even if more distance), otherwise he has to cover through many ''junctions' which will have traffic congestion (also so many right/left/right deviations and sometime difficult finding the signages in the junctions).

Thanks for the direction sbraj, i would be traveling through the city after midnight i fear, there may not be people around to ask for directions,

Thanks
Sandeep

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1602255)
Option 2 will be ideal for him (even if more distance), otherwise he has to cover through many ''junctions' which will have traffic congestion (also so many right/left/right deviations and sometime difficult finding the signages in the junctions).

+1 to it. The second option is better, however a slight traffic will be there from Kesavadasapuram till Technopark if you are traveling during the peak hours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anoop RD (Post 1602731)
+1 to it. The second option is better, however a slight traffic will be there from Kesavadasapuram till Technopark if you are traveling during the peak hours.

Anoop RD, as indicated by sandeep3in in the post below, travel is after midnight, hence traffic should not be an issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeep3in (Post 1602662)
i would be traveling through the city after midnight i fear, there may not be people around to ask for directions

if you're on the bypass at midnight, especially in and around the technopark area, dont stop to ask for directions!