Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2009, 14:08   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Kuruva Islands - Night drive

We have booked the pepper green resorts on 5th and 6th december near kuruva islands and planning to travel from Bangalore on 4th night and reach there by saturday morning(dont want to waste time by travelling in day time!!).

On enquiry we have found that there is a route in which we can travel in the night.
Bangalore -> Srirangapatna -> Hunsur -> Gonikuppa -> Kutta -> Tholpetty-> kattikulam and finally pepper green resorts.

We are ga group of 15 guys in a 2 swifts and a scorpio and want to know about the road condition and if we can travel in the nights in these areas. I'm aware that the Nagarhole forest route is closed from 6am to 6pm, planning to take that route while coming back to bangalore.

Are there any other routes available to reach this place?
Old 27th November 2009, 14:34   #2
BHPian

Better avoid the night drive in this Kutta -> Tholpetty-> kattikulam section there are lot of big patholes that can spoil the mood of the journey , Preferably morning drive will be more sceneic and you can enjoy the driving
Old 27th November 2009, 15:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

This is the only route if you want to travel by night. It will be hard for your Swifts to handle the Gonikoppa - Kutta stretch without scraping the bottoms.

I traveled on this route last month during the night in a Punto and it was a terrible experience. The road from Bangalore upto Hunsur is beautiful. Hunsur - Gonikoppa is a decent road & mostly single lane. The bad roads start after Gonikoppa. Take left in Gonikoppa and you enter the crater filled roads.

In certain places, I had to stop and think before I drove over the potholes/craters. After Kutta, the conditions improve a bit. The size of the potholes get smaller & smaller. But the road is still rough.
Old 28th November 2009, 06:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

What I would suggest is for you to leave around early morning two and go via Nagarhole allowing you to enjoy the early morning forest once the gates are open at six. If you are lucky may be spot some wildlife as well. You should be able to reach the resort comfortably by nine.
Old 28th November 2009, 06:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
On enquiry we have found that there is a route in which we can travel in the night.
Bangalore -> Srirangapatna -> Hunsur -> Gonikuppa -> Kutta -> Tholpetty-> kattikulam and finally pepper green resorts.

Are there any other routes available to reach this place?
I would suggest to start from bangalore around 4AM and reach Nagarhole checkpost by 6.30Am. So you will be there at the resort by 8am.

This road (Bangalore~Srirangapatna~Hunsur~Nagarhole~Kutta~Tho lpatty~Kattikulam) is the best and shortest to the resort

For recent updates on other roads leading to this place, please refer the below thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...needed-21.html

Thanks
Nithin

Last edited by nithinnarayanan : 28th November 2009 at 06:44.
Old 28th November 2009, 07:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Take the Hunsur -Murkal Kutta route to tholpetty
Dont dare come via the gonikoppa kutta stretch. Warning in advance
Old 29th November 2009, 09:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Few ideas: While going take route via Gundlupet-(If night travel is allowed in this route)Sulthan's Bathery-Panamaram-Kuruva island. While coming back leave Kuruva island by 2pm and you can reach Mysore by 6PM easily via Nagarhole.

Last week I travelled there. Very very bad road around Gonikoppa-kutta-Tolpattey-Kattikulam. I suggest leave Bangalore by 4AM and drive via Nagarhole where there is good road and you can reach resort by 9AM easily. Or If you want to leave Bangalore in night I suggest you have to take via Gonikoppa I feel If you are extra careful you can manage. We left Gonikoppa in Safari around 1:40PM and reached Kattikulam by 4PM. Safari and new tyres saved us. My driver litterally searched where to drive vehicle.

While returning try route via manantavady-panamaram-sulthan's Bathery-Gundlupet-Mysore-Blre excellant road.

I feel there is alternate route from Gonikoppa to Kutta. but not sure.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 29th November 2009 at 09:40.
Old 29th November 2009, 22:37   #8
1001bhp

Gundulpet-Sulthan Bathery is closed for night travel.Even though its the longer route the good roads make up for it.The other road mentioned here would require a proper SUV for the trip.

Old 30th November 2009, 13:36   #9
BHPian

Thanks Guys for your valuable suggestions.. We will leave B'lore in the early morning and reach the check post by 6.30-7Am. Will not dare to take the Gonikuppa route after the warnings i received here Will see if we can take sulthanbathery route while returning to Bangalore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks