Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 12:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jaipur -Delhi- Rudrapur - Kanpur - Delhi/Jaipur

Hi!!

I have to attend a wedding in Rudrapur on the 10th and then a wedding in Kanpur on the 12th of December. Both the weddings are of cousins so cant be given a miss and obviously dates cant be changed.

December is also a busy time for me and my wife in our respective work places hence we cant take too many leaves.

I plant to drive to Rudrapur from Delhi on 10th morning itself. Now the questions.

1. Whats the best route from Delhi- Rudrapur
2. How is the road?
3. How many Kms?
4. How long will it take?
5. Good eating places and and places with neat/clean toilets for kids/ladies?

After Rudrapur I need to reach Kanpur on the 12th morning. I have two options.

Option A: Drive back to Delhi on the 11th, leave the car and go with the marriage party by train in the evening to kanpur and reach Kanpur by 12th morning. Finish the wedding and come back again as a group, by train to Delhi, pick the car and drive back to Jaipur.

Option B: Drive straight from Rudrapur to Kanpur, finish the wedding and drive from Kanpur straight to Jaipur, I presume via agra hence by passing Delhi.

With both Option A & Option B I will be reaching Jaipur only on the 14th so more or less the time taken will be the same.

If I take option B, What I want to know is the following:

1. what is the distance bewteen Rudrapur- Kanpur?
2. How are the roads as I have never been very confident about UP roads.
3. Time it will take?
4. Good eating/ break places?

I believe that the road from Kanpur to Jaipur is pretty good. Is that true? what is the distance?

Thank you

Regards

Last edited by deky : 28th November 2009 at 12:18.
Old 28th November 2009, 12:51   #2
BHPian

Hi Deky,

If this Rudrapur is the one close to Deoria, then you can actually plan a return trip to Delhi via Kanpur. It will be perfectly logical to even plan for direct Jaipur return from Rudrapur with Kanpur being a halt. You can fulfill your social obligations too by attending the second marriage
Old 28th November 2009, 12:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
Hi Deky,

If this Rudrapur is the one close to Deoria, then you can actually plan a return trip to Delhi via Kanpur. It will be perfectly logical to even plan for direct Jaipur return from Rudrapur with Kanpur being a halt. You can fulfill your social obligations too by attending the second marriage
Thanks for the response.

I have no idea where Deoria is but this Rudrapur is in Udham sing Nagar, Uttrakhand.

Last edited by deky : 28th November 2009 at 12:58.
Old 28th November 2009, 13:13   #4
BHPian

Thanks for the correction, Deky. In that case what I've said above does not hold. The Rudrapur I had in mind is close to Deoria, which is almost in Bihar (UP - Bihar border). Since, this place is in Udham Singh Nagar, the route for you to Kanpur would be Rudrapur - Bareilly - Sitapur - Lucknow - Kanpur, option 1.

Option 2 : Bareilly - Shahjahanpur - Hardoi - Kannauj - Kanpur

Last edited by Akadian : 28th November 2009 at 13:22. Reason: To add another option that may save time
Old 1st December 2009, 12:30   #5
BHPian

deky,

Routes suggested by Akadian are correct. Drive from Rudrapur to Kanpur will take you approx 8-9 hrs depending upon the traffic intensity. Option 1 via Lucknow (NH 24) will be lil longer and high truck traffic zone. In Option 2 via Hardoi, u'll leave NH 24 at Shahjahanpur bypass to take Hardoi road. It will be on SH from Shahjanpur to Kannuj, Kannuj to Kanpur is GT road (old NH 2). All 2 laned roads, except, Lucknow-kanpur, and Sitapur - Lucknow 9 (if take option 1, but lot of diversions). Road quality will be mixed, certainly no where even near that of the Jaipur-Delhi GQ quality.

On return from Kanpur, yes, you'll have a breeze ! Just 8 hrs of high speed, comfortable drive to Jaipur via Agra, all on 4 lane NH 2 and NH 11. I did this stretch just in Nov. first week on our way to Udaipur - Mount Abu.
Old 1st December 2009, 14:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

LDL has said it. Yahoo maps says #2 as well. diverting via lko is just not worth it.

delhi to rudrapur is like 220 km - just beyond moradabad. You have god awesome roads till moradabad - bit crazy with diversions till rampur and till rudrapur it is decent roads.

I will send this thread to my friend Dhairya. We came back via rudrapur-rampur-delhi from binsar. I was too busy driving so he will help confirm the route Day time you would get a bit of truck jam in Rampur specifically
Old 1st December 2009, 15:03   #7
Senior - BHPian

Deky,

To go to Rudrapur:

Jaipur - Delhi - Hapur Bypass - Moradabad - Bilaspur - Rudrapur.

To go to Jaipur via Kanpur:

Rudrapur - Rampur - Bareilly - Shahjahanpur - Sitapur - Lucknow Bypass - Unnao - Kanpur

Kanpur - Auraiya - Etawah (NH2) - Firozabad - Agra - Bharatpur - Jaipur
Old 1st December 2009, 15:14   #8
BHPian

Last heard, the roads from Delhi to Rudrapur weren't in a good condition. Shy don't you take train from Delhi to Rudrapur and back and then drive to Kanpur?

\N
Old 1st December 2009, 15:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

As recently as last week, an acquaintance travelled to Moradabad and reported that the roads were good. Dunno about the Moradabad - Bilaspur section..
Old 1st December 2009, 16:43   #10
BHPian

My family just came back from Bareilly this weekend.

Delhi - Muradabad is excellent - some bad patch between Hapur and Gajroula.

Rampur to Bareilly, is average - a few railway crossing in the way that may eat up your time.
Old 1st December 2009, 17:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for the response. As of now I think we will be sticking with Option A as I was not sure about UP roads . So basically we will be driving Jaipur-Del-Rudrapur- Del. We will take a train Del-kanpur-Del. And then drive back Del-Jaipur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
LDL has said it. Yahoo maps says #2 as well. diverting via lko is just not worth it.

delhi to rudrapur is like 220 km - just beyond moradabad. You have god awesome roads till moradabad - bit crazy with diversions till rampur and till rudrapur it is decent roads.

I will send this thread to my friend Dhairya. We came back via rudrapur-rampur-delhi from binsar. I was too busy driving so he will help confirm the route Day time you would get a bit of truck jam in Rampur specifically
Thank you, also is 7 am a good time to start for Rudrapur from Delhi, or should it be earlier? If I reach Rudrapur by 1300hrs I should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
deky,

Routes suggested by Akadian are correct. Drive from Rudrapur to Kanpur will take you approx 8-9 hrs depending upon the traffic intensity. Option 1 via Lucknow (NH 24) will be lil longer and high truck traffic zone. In Option 2 via Hardoi, u'll leave NH 24 at Shahjahanpur bypass to take Hardoi road. It will be on SH from Shahjanpur to Kannuj, Kannuj to Kanpur is GT road (old NH 2). All 2 laned roads, except, Lucknow-kanpur, and Sitapur - Lucknow 9 (if take option 1, but lot of diversions). Road quality will be mixed, certainly no where even near that of the Jaipur-Delhi GQ quality.

On return from Kanpur, yes, you'll have a breeze ! Just 8 hrs of high speed, comfortable drive to Jaipur via Agra, all on 4 lane NH 2 and NH 11. I did this stretch just in Nov. first week on our way to Udaipur - Mount Abu.
Thank You once again, but I have decided to Option A . So basically I will be driving to Rudrapur and back and then take a train to Kanpur and back and then finally drive back to Jaipur from Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Deky,

To go to Rudrapur:

Jaipur - Delhi - Hapur Bypass - Moradabad - Bilaspur - Rudrapur.

To go to Jaipur via Kanpur:

Rudrapur - Rampur - Bareilly - Shahjahanpur - Sitapur - Lucknow Bypass - Unnao - Kanpur

Kanpur - Auraiya - Etawah (NH2) - Firozabad - Agra - Bharatpur - Jaipur
Thank you Sir!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Last heard, the roads from Delhi to Rudrapur weren't in a good condition. Shy don't you take train from Delhi to Rudrapur and back and then drive to Kanpur?

\N
Cant do that, wifey's is getting holiday only from the 10th and we have to reach Rudrapur by 10th Evening. There is a direct train from Jaipur to bareilly but none to Rudrapur, so basically we would have to break journey in Delhi either ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
As recently as last week, an acquaintance travelled to Moradabad and reported that the roads were good. Dunno about the Moradabad - Bilaspur section..
Gd Bhai thanks for the update. Now waiting for you to post your triplogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khandelwal View Post
My family just came back from Bareilly this weekend.

Delhi - Muradabad is excellent - some bad patch between Hapur and Gajroula.

Rampur to Bareilly, is average - a few railway crossing in the way that may eat up your time.
Thank you, but for Delhi-Rudrapur I dont have to go to bareilly, or do I?

Regards
Old 2nd December 2009, 15:08   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, but for Delhi-Rudrapur I dont have to go to bareilly, or do I?
I think the best way to Rudrapur from Delhi will be

Delhi - Moradabad - Bilaspur - Rudrapur

From Rudrapur to Kanpur - you have to pass through Rampur and Bareilly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks