Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2015, 11:48   #46
BHPian

re: Delhi - Goa - Delhi : Route Queries

Finally did goa delhi via Madhya Pradesh rather than gujarat. Update on road conditions as follows.
Day 1 (Goa-Ahmadnagar. Time 12 hours)

Goa to pune via sawantwadi and amboli ghat - good roads and found the time required to about an hour less compared to chorla- belgaum route.

Pune- ahmadnagar - good 4 lane road.
Day 2 (Ahmadnagar- Neemuch. Time 13 hours)

Ahmadnagar-shirdi - good 4 lane road. Only issue was that road through shirdi town was closed due to the rush of pilgrims. A small detour of around 20 kms cost about half an hour or so.

Shirdi - Malegaon - Majority 2 lane. 4 lanes in streches. But road condition good and traffic reasonable.

Malegaon - Manpur - Ratlam - Mandsaur - Neemuch - Beautiful 4 lane NH 3. As good as any NH in india.

Day 3 (Neemuch - Jaipur -Delhi. Time 11 hours).

Again 4 lanes. Good to very good.

So glad that the route through MP was almost the same as through Gujarat, both in terms of total distance and time required/condition of roads.

For people travelling between delhi and pune, this route should definetely be one of the options.

Cheers.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 23:30   #47
BHPian

I intend to do Mumbai Delhi - Mumbai early November - I know it been done many times before, and I had done it in 2012 - all the way via NH8!
This time while planning it on Google maps it show me a route via Vadodara - Godhra - Banswara - Chittorgarh - then back to NH8!

Why not all the way Via NH-8.
What do the experts/ seasoned travelers have to comment!
See the route:
https://goo.gl/maps/noBrvtq5LWo

Last edited by Gerardfdz : 7th October 2015 at 23:33.
Old 8th October 2015, 22:45   #48
BHPian

No one here can help me out?
Old 8th October 2015, 23:41   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
it show me a route via Vadodara - Godhra - Banswara - Chittorgarh - then back to NH8!
Perhaps you can look at this thread or similar

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-mumbai-5.html
Old 4th December 2015, 20:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvldvr View Post
Request for inputs guys. Need to decide by tomorrow morning.
Did you make this trip? If so, could you please provide an update on road conditions?
Old 10th December 2015, 19:39   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Did you make this trip? If so, could you please provide an update on road conditions?
Hi Lobogris,

Please read post 46 above. I did post an update on the road conditions after my trip.

Regards.
Old 10th December 2015, 22:23   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Lobogris,

Please read post 46 above. I did post an update on the road conditions after my trip.

Regards.
Thank you. Is there any reason you didn't go via Indore, Gwalior, Agra and then Yamuna Ewy?
Old 11th December 2015, 07:46   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Is there any reason you didn't go via Indore, Gwalior, Agra and then Yamuna Ewy?
If i remember correctly, that route was a bit longer. And I was recommended the route that I did take by quite a few, and their recommendation did prove right.
Old 11th December 2015, 19:53   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
If i remember correctly, that route was a bit longer. And I was recommended the route that I did take by quite a few, and their recommendation did prove right.
The road between Dewas and Gwalior is a toll free 2 lane highway. And it is rarely reported to be in good state. Since it is a toll free road, it sees heavy truck traffic. It will be a tiring drive with the combination Bad roads+heavy truck traffic.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2018, 16:40   #55
BHPian

Hi guys, I have a requirement to be in Goa for a longish period and hence have decided to drive down from Delhi to Goa in my Innova Crysta. Also I. would be halting in Bhopal at my In laws for a day. I would really appreciate if I can get some pointers on the route to be taken and latest road conditions. Thanks in advance
Old 1st May 2018, 08:55   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK22 View Post
Hi guys, I have a requirement to be in Goa for a longish period and hence have decided to drive down from Delhi to Goa in my Innova Crysta. Also I. would be halting in Bhopal at my In laws for a day. I would really appreciate if I can get some pointers on the route to be taken and latest road conditions. Thanks in advance

Route via Bhopal:

Delhi-agra-gwalior-bina-vidisha-bhopal-Indore -dhule-malegoan - Nashik-pune-Belgaum -chorla-Goa

Not Sure about the road condition till Indore.

Indore - Nashik- Smooth roads with a lot of speed breakers on MH side.

Nashik - Pune -- Till Alephata 4 lane road. Few diversion after Alephata and heavy traffic before entering Pune.

Pune - Belgaum -- Few diversion till Satara rest is smooth sailing.

Belgaum - Chorla - Goa -- Good roads.

I would prefer Delhi - Jaipur - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Ratlam - Dhule route instead of coming via Bhopal.
Who_are_you is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2018, 12:21   #57
BHPian

Hi all.
Iam planning to drive to Goa from Delhi tommorrow. Plan to do the trip in 3 days with stops at Udaipur, Panvel and Panjim. Any suggestions on route, places of stay and road conditions please?
Old 9th May 2018, 12:44   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSK22 View Post
Hi all.
Iam planning to drive to Goa from Delhi tommorrow. Plan to do the trip in 3 days with stops at Udaipur, Panvel and Panjim. Any suggestions on route, places of stay and road conditions please?
3 days is ideal, I did the same few months ago. I took the following route:

Day1: Calangute-Amboli-Nipani-Pune-Mumbai.
Day2: Mumbai-Vadodra-Modassa-Shamlaji-Udaipur-Nathdwara-Bhilwara.
Day3: Bhilwara-Kishangarh-Jaipur Bypass-Delhi.

I always stick to the beawar route against the popular suggestion on the forum when doing Delhi to Udaipur. Beawar to Gomti chauraha is 2-laned highway crossing some busy town. The route is shorter and scenic.

Udaipur to Mumbai via Shamlaji-Modassa is the best choice if you don't want to go via Ahmedabad.

Mumbai to Goa has couple of options - via chorla or via Amboli ghat. I took amboli ghat as I was staying at North goa, roads were not in such a good condition back when I visited. Once you hit NH-48 road conditions improve.

On bypassing Mumbai to Panvel: I will suggest you to take kaman naka road to panvel via Thane or Mumbra depending upon the time your reach Mumbai.

We stay at Hotel Shree Narayana at Udaipole, Udaipur. Have stayed there quite a few times on all our drives to Mumbai. Please do have a look at the following post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4259133
Old 21st September 2018, 23:16   #59
Team-BHP Support

Re: Delhi - Goa - Delhi : Route Queries

I have a conference to attend in Goa next month, what route should I take if I go by Road on Fortuner or similar.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/DEL,...15.2993265!3e0

Or

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/DEL,...993265!3e0!5i1
Old 21st September 2018, 23:37   #60
BHPian

I did the onwards journey via the Godhra Mumbai route, and return journey via shirdi Dhule route in 2015. Actually had to come back via the Dhule route due to the Patidar protests in Gujarat if I remember correctly.

Whilst road conditions on both sections vary from good to very good, the Godhra Mumbai option would definitely be faster, better and preferred in my opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks