Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:05   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delhi - Goa - Delhi : Route Queries

Though i am not coming from Delhi to Goa but from Pune to Goa, i am posting this question here since everyone crosses Pune while going to Goa.

So i will be travelling from Pune to Goa on 19th Oct and would be ideally be staying in North Goa (Calangute maybe). Whats the best route to take and how are the road conditions? Plan is to reach Goa hotel by early afternoon so that i can rest of evening dhamaka so what time would you guys suggest to start from Pune?
Old 3rd September 2022, 12:39   #62
BHPian

Hey!

I'm planning to do Delhi - Goa - Delhi by road this February, preferably within 3 days one-side.

Is it doable? Is it advisable?
Any inputs would be welcome, especially about the route to take & road conditions.
Old 5th September 2022, 12:19   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.A.GTC View Post
Hey!

I'm planning to do Delhi - Goa - Delhi by road this February, preferably within 3 days one-side. Is it doable? Is it advisable?.
I have done Delhi to Goa twice by car. Three days is a little tight unless you are the kind of person who likes to drive 15 hours non stop. The fastest I have done it is in 5 days. However, for me, the whole point is to stop and see things en route otherwise it is much easier to fly. So generally I take 10 to 15 days on each leg of the trip as I stop for a few days in several places on the way.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 12:13   #64
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to do a Jaipur - Goa trip during the Christmas & New Year holidays, I have below queries, any help would be welcome -

1) Can it be done in 2 days, with a night stop? We will be 2 drivers and an AT vehicle. The focus is mainly to reach ASAP

2) Which should be the preferred place to take the night stop - Place, any recommended hotel with family?

3) Which should be the best route to follow, among the following shown by GMaps -
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi - Goa - Delhi : Route Queries-jp-goa.jpg  

Old 10th December 2023, 16:59   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post

2) Which should be the preferred place to take the night stop - Place, any recommended hotel with family? -
Can plan for Nashik or Pune depending on your driving comfort. Ginger Hotel / Sula vinyard in Nashik is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminati View Post

3) Which should be the best route to follow, among the following shown by GMaps -
Do refer to the discussion on another Forum (Pune - Goa route queries). There's a very interesting route suggested by Fellow BHP'ian and tried by many after that, after Pune. Details called out on this post (Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries). Here's the link to GMaps route after Pune which avoids the obstruction on BAU route.

I will be doing Delhi - Indore - Pune - Goa in 3 days couple of weeks later and hence the research!

Last edited by saurabh89 : 10th December 2023 at 17:01. Reason: added more information.
Old 11th December 2023, 12:22   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post

Do refer to the discussion on another Forum (Pune - Goa route queries).

I will be doing Delhi - Indore - Pune - Goa in 3 days couple of weeks later and hence the research!
Thanks for your reply.

The more research I did, I realised that it would take 3 days to reach Goa from Jaipur by road and again 3 days for the return trip, so that would lead to a very short stay in Goa.

Have booked a flight instead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks