Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 12:05   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dubare Elephant Camp - Is it any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Nothing weird about it, Durare is the best place to touch & feel the elephants.
Yeah. There are three things men bow to - Kids, Wife and Employer! Two of them are the reason I am going this place Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Simplest route would be Bangalore-Hunsur-Periyapatna-Kushalnagar-Dubare (turn off to left at Kushalnagar).
You can visit the Tibetan settlement and monstery at Bylakuppe on the way to Kushalnagar.
If you plan to start by 7am, expect slow traffic upto Srirangapatna/Mysore.
Suggest you start earlier by 6 at least. That way you can stop at Maddur for breakfast - Thimmadas on left side and Adigas on right side, both are good. Avoid the food courts that have come up on this stretch!
Thanks NPV. I will take this route. When we went to 10th anniversary drive, remember going through the patch you mentioned. It was bad then but we drove through and no issues. So I will take my chance this time. Since its friday and festival time, I think people will be busy at home and not on roads except petrol-heads like us But I will try to leave as early as possible. With two kids (aged about 8yrs and 1.5yrs) to company, nothing is sure to work as planned! But having said that, I shall not fail to plan. Let the plan fail!
Old 13th August 2014, 10:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Dubare Elephant Camp - Is it any good?

So for an update - I took this trip on August 8 and 9. Compiled the tlog here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...hant-camp.html

Thanks NPV for route suggestion. The roads were good except the patch you mentioned. But that is still doable in 20Kmph speed. Its hardly a kilometer so, bearable.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks