BHPian

re: Bombay - Agra - Delhi - Bombay : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Here I altered it a bit.

Route Link

- Why Dausa?
- Jaipur-Ujjan : Jaipur-Chittor-Nimbahera-Ratlam-Ujjain
That looks so much better. Actually, one among our party is a big SRK fan and wanted to visit Dause since his super flop movie Paheli was shot there. Anyway, looks like I can save about 180kms if I skip Dausa. I think I will do just that. Additionally, I am working out a more detailed plan for the trip, including estimated timinings, and places to stay and eat at. Will post here and ask for advice once I am ready.

Moreover, looks like I'll have to start my trip the other way round, via Nashik, since we won't be able to start until Saturday afternoon. If I start towards Gujarat, then I wouldn't want to stop anywhere until we reach Ahmedabad, which will be tough if we are leaving in the afternoon.
Old 3rd July 2013, 17:57   #62
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayonpal View Post
Moreover, looks like I'll have to start my trip the other way round, via Nashik, since we won't be able to start until Saturday afternoon. If I start towards Gujarat, then I wouldn't want to stop anywhere until we reach Ahmedabad, which will be tough if we are leaving in the afternoon.
On the route times and hotel stays check with HVK too. There are many in AMD. I used be in Rajasthan for quite some time. But that was long time back. Hence hotel informations and route timings totally out of date. HVK would help better.
Old 7th July 2013, 15:08   #63
BHPian

hi
for a change
some itineraries, i have done them in the past completely or in parts

itinerary1

1 mumbai maheshwar
2 maheshwar omkareshwar
2 omkareshwar sanchi
3 sanchi vidisha udaigiri caves
4 sanchi raisen bhojpur bhimbetka(paleolithic rock paintings)
5 bhimbetka ujjain
6 ujjain mandu
7 mandu
8 mandu
9 mandu mumbai

itinerary 2

1 mumbai jaipur
2 jaipur agra
3 agra
4 agra mathura deeg(dont miss) bharatpur
5 bharatpur fatehpur sikri bharatpur
6 bharatpur ajmer
7 ajmer chittorgarh
8 chittorgarh shamlaji pavagadh vadodara
9 pavagadh mumbai

itinerary 3

1 mumbai jaisalmer
2 jaisalmer
3 jaisalmer bikaner
4 bikaner
5 bikaner jodhpur
6 jodhpur
7 jodhpur to either mt abu or ranakpur
8 ranakpur kumbhalgarh
9 ranakpur mumbai

itinerary 1 can be tweaked to reach pachmarhi beautiful in rains in the first half instead of religious destinations.

i do not know whether you have visited each destination and its tourist interests before so im assuming you have not.

do not miss mandu pachmarhi ranakpur and kumbhalgarh in rains.

nashik flyover is now complete from revent reports can somebody verify it for me?

road between dewas and shivpuri is the grey area.gwalior to agra is a dream run with lots of flyover diversions.

i have some itineraries for gwalior orcha kahjuraho but dont know whether you want that area?

regards

praveen

Last edited by pravdr : 7th July 2013 at 15:12. Reason: addition of script
Old 16th July 2013, 17:45   #64
BHPian

I tweaked my route a little bit more now -

Mumbai - 171 kms - Nashik - 158 kms - Dhule - 194 kms - Maheshwar - 44kms - Mandu - 100 kms - Indore - 389 kms - Pachmarhi - 353 kms - Dewas - 37 kms - Ujjain - 263 kms - Chittorgarh - 187 kms - Kumbhalgarh Fort - 50 kms - Ranakpur - 88 kms - Molela - 51 kms - Udaipur - 57 kms - Jaisamand Lake - 172 kms - Himatnagar - 82 kms - Ahmedabad - 520 kms - Ahmedabad

In addition to this, I have created a nice guide on my Evernote on things to do when visiting most of these cities here. Here's the link to it, but I am not too sure how to list them all out on T-BHP.

Now, I have 2 things to decide on -
  1. Should I start the journey via Gujarat, or via MP?
  2. I will be able to leave Mumbai this Saturday, not before 1PM. Keeping that in mind, how should the itinerary be?
Old 21st July 2013, 18:46   #65
BHPian

Guys, it's a slightly urgent query. I am currently in Mt Abu, and planning to drive to Jaisalmer tonight. What will be the best route to take? Via RJ SH 11, or Palanpur - Deesa - Tharad - NH 15?

By the way, hello from Nakki Lake.

Bombay - Agra - Delhi - Bombay : Route Queries-image530336012.jpg
Old 6th October 2014, 21:05   #66
BHPian

Hello everyone. Can someone provide the latest status of the road condition from Agra to Jaipur?
We are planning to do the Iron Butt ride from Chandigarh-Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Ajmer-Chandigarh which is 1600 Kms.
Any road information about all these sectors would be appreciated.
Old 6th October 2014, 22:02   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by virkdoc View Post
Hello everyone. Can someone provide the latest status of the road condition from Agra to Jaipur?
We are planning to do the Iron Butt ride from Chandigarh-Delhi-Agra-Jaipur-Ajmer-Chandigarh which is 1600 Kms.
Any road information about all these sectors would be appreciated.
Agra-Jaipur is a brilliant 4-lane. No need to worry about it.
Old 29th October 2015, 14:59   #68
BHPian

I am planning a road trip from Mumbai to Agra next week. Travellers: My wife, mother, 2 year old son and me. Only I can drive.

I plan to do it with an overnight halt at Udaipur/Chittorgarh.

I seek your advise on the route to be taken.

Thanks

Last edited by benzinblut : 29th October 2015 at 15:03.
Old 29th October 2015, 15:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
I am planning a road trip from Mumbai to Agra next week. Travellers: My wife, mother, 2 year old son and me. Only I can drive.

I plan to do it with an overnight halt at Udaipur/Chittorgarh.

I seek your advise on the route to be taken.

Thanks
Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule - Manpur - Lebad - Ratlam - Neemuch - Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Nasirabad - Kishangarh - Jaipur - Agra.

Drove the entire route one week back. Good roads all the way and less traffic compared to Gujarat. You can halt at Chittorgarh.
Old 29th October 2015, 15:15   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Mumbai - Nashik - Dhule - Manpur - Lebad - Ratlam - Neemuch - Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Nasirabad - Kishangarh - Jaipur - Agra.

Drove the entire route one week back. Good roads all the way and less traffic compared to Gujarat. You can halt at Chittorgarh.
Thanks for your quick response. I would prefer to travel through Gujarat as I am quite familiar with highways upto Baroda/Ahmedabad.

Also, since I will be travelling with two females and a kid, safe roads is also a priroty for me.

The route I was thinking of is NH-8 upto Udaipur and then Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Ajmer - Jaipur - Agra.

What do you think about taking Baroda - Halol - Godhra - Modasa instead of Himmatnagar via NH8. We will be on that route during early evening. Will it be safe?

Please give your inputs

Thanks in advance
Old 29th October 2015, 15:44   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your quick response. I would prefer to travel through Gujarat as I am quite familiar with highways upto Baroda/Ahmedabad.

Also, since I will be travelling with two females and a kid, safe roads is also a priroty for me.

The route I was thinking of is NH-8 upto Udaipur and then Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Ajmer - Jaipur - Agra.

What do you think about taking Baroda - Halol - Godhra - Modasa instead of Himmatnagar via NH8. We will be on that route during early evening. Will it be safe?

Please give your inputs

Thanks in advance
I drove via the Baroda - Halol - Godhra route while going to Udaipur from Mumbai. Left NH 8 at Baroda bypass at 3:00 PM and entered Rajasthan at 6:20. Reached Udaipur at 8:00 PM. I don't think there are any safety issues during day time. Once you exit NH8, faclities aren't great but roads are good and traffic is less.

I don't think the other route is unsafe (atleast during day time). It offers a much more stress free driving and has some scenic roads. I travelled with my wife and 5 year old daughter. You need to plan your breaks properly.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 11:40   #72
BHPian

Quote:
I drove via the Baroda - Halol - Godhra route while going to Udaipur from Mumbai.....
Thanks for your response.

My tentative itinerary will be:

DAY 1:
ROUTE: Mumbay - Vadodara - Godhra - Udaipur - Chittorgarh
DEPART: Mumbai @ 4am
ARRIVE: Chittorgarh by 7pm. Overnight halt at Chittorgarh.

DAY 2:
ROUTE: Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Nasirabad - Kishangarh - Jaipur - Agra
DEPART: Chittorgarh @ 6am
ARRIVE: Agra @ 4pm

Is this plan achievable and practical?

Last edited by benzinblut : 30th October 2015 at 11:59.
Old 30th October 2015, 12:16   #73
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bombay - Agra - Delhi - Bombay : Route Queries

Quote:

DAY 1:

DAY 2:

Looks doable.

Day 1 : Route will have heavy traffic. Inspite of being six lane till Vadodara, it will be difficult to maintain an average of 70 KM/H. Roads are not great from Rajasthan border till Udaipur. You will feel the difference as you enter it from Gujarat.

Chittorgarh to Agra will take around 11 hours.

Chittorgarh - Kishangarh - Not so great roads. Surface not good in many sections. Kishangarh - Jaipur- Six lane but heavy traffic. Similar to Gujarat.

The last 20 - 25 KMs from Jaipur to Agra is 2 lane road with a town and railway crossing. While returning from Agra, got stuck at the railway crossing from around 20 mins and in the town for almost 30 mins as people blocked the opposite lane too.
Plan to reach Agra before 6:00 PM.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 15:01   #74
BHPian

Quote:

DAY 1:

DAY 2:

Quote:
Looks doable.

Day 1 : Route will have heavy traffic. Inspite of being six lane till Vadodara, it will be difficult to maintain an average of 70 KM/H. Roads are not great from Rajasthan border till Udaipur. You will feel the difference as you enter it from Gujarat.

Chittorgarh to Agra will take around 11 hours.

Chittorgarh - Kishangarh - Not so great roads. Surface not good in many sections. Kishangarh - Jaipur- Six lane but heavy traffic. Similar to Gujarat.

The last 20 - 25 KMs from Jaipur to Agra is 2 lane road with a town and railway crossing. While returning from Agra, got stuck at the railway crossing from around 20 mins and in the town for almost 30 mins as people blocked the opposite lane too.
Plan to reach Agra before 6:00 PM.

Hi,

As said by pramodpk, both the sections are easily possible as per your plan.

I recently drove from Vadodara and did not find Chittorgarh-Kishangarh section in bad shape. Yes they have deteriorated but except at the tolls (3 Nos) you are constantly doing 70-90 kmh.

You may be bothered with heavy traffic in Surat-Vadodara and Kishangarh-Jaipur section but there is no problem with road.
Do not forget to take slip route at Ankileshwar (via golden bridge)

Also there is a bypass before Agra while coming from Jaipur and going towards Taj Mahal area. (You can't avoid traffic if you want to come to NH-2 though)
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 15:18   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Also there is a bypass before Agra while coming from Jaipur and going towards Taj Mahal area. (You can't avoid traffic if you want to come to NH-2 though)
Quote:
The last 20 - 25 KMs from Jaipur to Agra is 2 lane road with a town and railway crossing....
After Krishangarh, should i take NH8 upto Jaipur and then join NH11 or should I take NH8 > SH2 (to bypass Jaipur) > NH11 ?

My destination is very close to Taj Mahal. I plan to continue on NH11 via Bharatpur > Fatehpur Sikri and reach right upto the outskirts of Agra. Is this the best route?

Last edited by benzinblut : 30th October 2015 at 15:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks