Team-BHP - Bangalore - Murudesh - Mangalore - Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore - Murudesh - Mangalore - Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/71072-bangalore-murudesh-mangalore-bangalore.html)

Planning for the round trip on Ford-iKon to coastal Karanataka during December holidays. almost 11 days trip to Murudeshwar, Udupi, mangaore and surround prominent places.

Please help me with the route conditions and any other things I should be careful about.

While going I will be taking the route
Bangalore - Tumkur - Tiptur - Arasikere - Kadur - Shimogga - Sagar - Honavar - Murudeshwar

While coming back
Mangalore - Bantwala - Puttur - Sulya - Madikeri - Kushalnagar - Piriyapatna - Hunsur - Mysore - Bangalore

Anyone knows about latest conditions. Now I know there is big thread going on with these roads, But I am kinda lost in that, since I am not a frequent traveler

Accomodation : How are the budget hotels in murudeshwar in terms of hygenie, or should I just stick to RNS/Naveen group hotels. But expensive though.

Quote:

How are the budget hotels in murudeshwar in terms of hygenie, or should I just stick to RNS/Naveen group hotels. But expensive though.
My take would be - stick to RNS, their guest house is not too expensive, that is if you find the Residency and Naveen beach resort above your budget.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms_chetan (Post 1621006)
Planning for the round trip on Ford-iKon to coastal Karanataka during December holidays. almost 11 days trip to Murudeshwar, Udupi, mangaore and surround prominent places.

Please help me with the route conditions and any other things I should be careful about.

While going I will be taking the route
Bangalore - Tumkur - Tiptur - Arasikere - Kadur - Shimogga - Sagar - Honavar - Murudeshwar

While coming back
Mangalore - Bantwala - Puttur - Sulya - Madikeri - Kushalnagar - Piriyapatna - Hunsur - Mysore - Bangalore

Anyone knows about latest conditions. Now I know there is big thread going on with these roads, But I am kinda lost in that, since I am not a frequent traveler

Accomodation : How are the budget hotels in murudeshwar in terms of hygenie, or should I just stick to RNS/Naveen group hotels. But expensive though.

Onward journey route is fine all the way till Jog, I had been there lst week, from thereon not much idea, but as per other forum membrs it's fine all the way till Honnavar.
Return trip, just a bad stretch from Mangalore-Bantawala ,Madikeri-Kushalnagara, rest is fine.
Yep RNS/Naveen are slightly on expensive side.
RNS Residency - 2500Rs incl tax - AC room
-1700Rs Incl tax - NON AC

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms_chetan (Post 1621006)
While coming back

Anyone knows about latest conditions. .

I recently traveled in this road twice, Here is what i can say

1) Mangalore - BC Road -> Worst. You can in stead take Mangalore university road.

2) Puttur - Sulliya - Sampaje> Manageable. You can cover easily.

3) Sampaje - Madikere -> Worst. Full of path holes and craters. Be extremely cautious while driving this stretch.

4) Madikere - Kushalnagar -> Repair work is going on. Manageable.

5) Khusalnagar - Bangalore -> Excellent roads! But, be careful and don't over speed since lot of bi-cycles, two wheelers, tractors cross the road abruptly.
Enjoy your holidays!

Dont miss going to Gokarna, Honnavar (karsarkod beach), malpe, kaup and st marys island.

Thank you for the replies. I will post the experience once I am back from the trip

Planning a Mangalore-Surat drive in the first week of January. Any ideas on the road conditions between Mangalore and Kumta/Ankola?