Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 22:42   #1

Providing Latest road condition for Goa-Hyderabad

Just came back from a trip to Goa, so thought of sharing the road conditions of this route as I believe lot of people will be travelling to Goa in the coming weekends.

I took the following route (when coming back to Hyderabad) which has excellentttttt road conditions and I was able to travel the whole distance in only 15 hours, with 1.50 hour stop at Bijapur (Gol Gumbaaz).

Goa - Mollem - Belgaum (NH-4) 150 KMs

Very good road except 5 -7 Kms between Mollem & Londa, but than its worth the pain as overall the route is the shortest one. I got within 3 hours with normal stopping for breakfast etc.

Belgaum - Satugeri- Mudhol - Bijapur (SH-20 + SH - 34) 200 KMs

Excellent roads! Never seen such an excellent state highways which are better than many NHs in India. I clocked upto 130 KMPH on my Sweet Santro on this route!!!

Bijapur - Jevargi - Gulbarga (NH-218) 166 Kms

Again very excellent roads comparable to the one above.

Gulbarga - Humnabad (NH - 218 ) 60 Kms

-- Same as above, as the same National Highway continues --

Homnabad - Hyderabad (Gachibowli) (NH-09) 146 KMs

This is again very good road, and most probably lot of people must have travelled on it, so not elaborating much.

When going towards Goa, I took the Hampi - Karwar route (total 830 Kms) as we had planned a stay in Hampi. This route is good but than not comparable to the one mentioned above.

Cheers,
Dhruv
Old 15th December 2009, 23:16   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know this----we'd heard horror stories of the 10km stretch between Goa and Belgaum.
The route via Satugeri is unknown to most of us----can you please elaborate?
Old 16th December 2009, 10:18   #3

From Belgaum, You take the route for Sambra Airport.
That's it... You just need to ply on that road and you will hit Mudhol, where directions for Bijapur will be given.

This route was told to me by a taxi driver in Belgaum at a taxi stand.

For Goa - Belgaum route: I found it better because I was expecting it to be worse than what I got. Its just 5 - 7 Km of really bad section, but than except this stretch, the route is really good and as I have mentioned before as well, one can easily reach Belgaum in less than 3 hours.
Old 18th December 2009, 07:48   #4
BHPian

mollem - londa ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv_star View Post
From Belgaum, You take the route for Sambra Airport.
That's it... You just need to ply on that road and you will hit Mudhol, where directions for Bijapur will be given.

This route was told to me by a taxi driver in Belgaum at a taxi stand.

For Goa - Belgaum route: I found it better because I was expecting it to be worse than what I got. Its just 5 - 7 Km of really bad section, but than except this stretch, the route is really good and as I have mentioned before as well, one can easily reach Belgaum in less than 3 hours.
Did you travel via Londa ? Is this 5-7 Km stretch between Mollem-Londa ? Which vehicle were you traveling by? How long did it take from Madgaon to Londa ?
Old 18th December 2009, 12:24   #5

I am not too sure of Londa, as I took the NH-4A route, which goes directly to Belgaum. You can see the whole route here--> fromanaji to:15.360343,74.181747 to:belgaum - Google Maps.

Londa is very close to the route as per the above map.

I travelled on my sweet santro, and nothing impossible I found in the whole route. Of course as I have mentioned only 5 - 7 Km route is really bad, but than overall route is fantastic and short one as well.

I travelled from Panaji bus stand to Belgaum and covered the whole distance in 3 hours.

Cheers,
Dhruv
Old 18th December 2009, 13:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
Did you travel via Londa ? Is this 5-7 Km stretch between Mollem-Londa ? Which vehicle were you traveling by? How long did it take from Madgaon to Londa ?
Khanapur-Londa is a good stretch.Londa-Anmod-Molem is still very bad,and if you hit the road late evening,the surroundings can get to you.amboli route should anyday be the preferred route,not worth taking the risk of the mine-lorry ridden Londa-Anmod stretch.Also please note that the Kali river briidge at Karwar would be closed for traffic beginning Jan 5th,2010/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks