Team-BHP - Bangalore cochin trip on my bullet CI500
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Bangalore cochin trip on my bullet CI500 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/71703-bangalore-cochin-trip-my-bullet-ci500.html)

Guys,
I am planning to do a bike trip to Cochin from Bangalore in my bullet 500, please advice me on the which route to take ( mysore-calicut, hosur-mettur-palakkad or hosur-salem-palakkad ).

I plan to start as early as possible and reach home for lunch stupid: Would it be possible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingaboysr (Post 1636239)
I plan to start as early as possible and reach home for lunch. Would it be possible?

The Mysore-Wyanad-Calicut route is more scenic, but slower. An alternative is Mysore-Wyanad-Nilambur, but I have no idea what the road condition is like. If you want to be home for lunch, go for the Salem-Coimbatore-Palghat route. Actually, I'd recommend that you take at least ten hours for the trip, including rest breaks. Leave at 5 am and you could be home in time for tea, if not late lunch.

If saving time is your priority, you can do serious speeds in Hosur-Salem-Coimbatore-Palghat-Cochin route. But if you would want to enjoy the ride, go via Mysore-Wyanad-Calicut. In both cases, reaching home for lunch would be difficult unless you start very early.

Have a safe trip. Good luck mate.... The trip reminds me of my college days.

Oh, and here is a forum thread that has some inputs on the Bangalore-Nilambur stretch. Looks very scenic, but I suppose some stretches will be in bad shape.

I am planning to leave very early from bangalore, say 3.30 am !!! so that I can reach early and also beat the heat for most part of the journey.

i don't plan to do serious speeds and screw up my engine :), 80-85 would be perfect i guess!!

If i decide to take the hosur route, which would be better, via salem or via bhavani-mettur?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jingaboysr (Post 1636500)
I am planning to leave very early from bangalore, say 3.30 am !!! so that I can reach early and also beat the heat for most part of the journey.

i don't plan to do serious speeds and screw up my engine :), 80-85 would be perfect i guess!!

If i decide to take the hosur route, which would be better, via salem or via bhavani-mettur?

Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani stretch has reported bad sections,stick to the Salem-NH47-CBE route & 10 hours to do the stretch IMHO is stretching it.it should take you around 13hours with adequate breaks.:thumbs up

sorry for no updates, i was busy gearing up for the trip. I talked to a friend who travelled to palakkad and back from bangalore 2 weeks back. He went via the bhavani route and came back via salem. He told there are bad sections in both the roads, so I've decided to stick to thoppur-Bhavani route.

We plan to start tomorrow at 3.am. Here's the route.

Bangalore-hosur-krishnagiri-dharmapuri-thoppur-bhavani-( reach somewhere back to the L&T road from coimbatore to palakkad not sure where ) palakkad-trichur-cochin.

If someone has travelled recently, please update me regarding the detailed route please:

P.S. i heard that there are bypasses at most of the major towns enroute, is it easily noticable? Is there a chance that I might miss out some of them?

Why don't you try this route? No idea about road conditions. I had done Hosur - Rayakkottai - Palacode - Thoppur route and this is scenic. Road conditions were good 1 year back. This route should be good for bike.
It should be shorter by 20 KMs than Hosur -Krishnagiri-Thoppur route

Hosur - Rayakkottai - Palacode - Pennagaram - Mecheri - Mettur

Take a right towards the Hogenekal and just before Pennagaram take a left will reach a circle with a board which said Mecheri 44Kms .