Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 14:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Mysore - Can I avoid NH7 (partially or fully) and do it in a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Can you tell me how good/bad the road was, which places to drive cautiously, what towns/roads to avoid, where to take breaks etc.?
Vina, if you have done, Blr-Mysore then, hyd-bangalore will be a cakewalk for you except for the more distance.Otherwise traffic would not be a issue.
The three times I have drove to Blr and beyond, I have finished Hyd-blr in just one stop at Gooty Ghar Dhaba. There are many restaurants before Gooty too where you can stop.
For Hyd-Blr-Mysore, my breaks has been as under :
First Break at Gooty Ghar Dhaba for breakfast
Second Break -Refuelling Break after crossing Devanahalli, infact before Hebbal
Third Break - Lunch at McDonalds on the Mysore Highway

You can take more breaks if required. But these would be the bare minimum. If you start tankful from hyderabad , your TDCI Figo can take you well past Blr on the Mysore highway.
Don't bother much about the breaks and stopping, you will anyways take it when you need it. As for road conditions, there really is nothing to worry about.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Mysore - Can I avoid NH7 (partially or fully) and do it in a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Do the stay option at Hebbal,the advantage being that you would have a major part of the day at your disposal in Ooty,if you drive one stretch,then you would reach Ooty,just to sleep.Hyd-Ooty at any given time is a 12-13hr drive

Thanks for the advice, but I think you mistook this thread with the Hyderabad-Ooty thread. I'll be going only till Mysore.

Anyway, your advice is still relevant - I get more time (fresh start of the day) at Mysore this way.
Old 13th June 2011, 18:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Thanks for the advice, but I think you mistook this thread with the Hyderabad-Ooty thread. I'll be going only till Mysore.

Anyway, your advice is still relevant - I get more time (fresh start of the day) at Mysore this way.
Oops sorry for that,I did indeed think it was Hyd to Ooty query!
Shamshabad-Hebbal : 7hours
Hebbal-NICE Road: 1hour
NICE-Mysore: 2.5hours(this might take you 3hrs at times and also depending on your breaks

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 13th June 2011 at 18:36.
Old 13th June 2011, 19:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Oops sorry for that,I did indeed think it was Hyd to Ooty query!
Shamshabad-Hebbal : 7hours
Hebbal-NICE Road: 1hour
NICE-Mysore: 2.5hours(this might take you 3hrs at times and also depending on your breaks

No problem - it was good advice anyway.

I guess based n your inputs Jubilee checkpost - Hebbal must be under 8hours.

If I start around 3pm is it possible to reach before midnight? Also what kind of cruising speed should be maintained (I'm not into doing unnecessary antics on the road - I let anybody in a hurry pass me and then enjoy following them afterwards)
Old 13th June 2011, 22:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

If you manage to leave Shamshabad at 4pm you should be in Kurnool by 6pm,you would be in Anantpur by 830pm,and you would be crossing Devanahalli by 11pm.More time because,you are transitioning from day driving into night driving,so that is bound to take a toll on your speeds.

You should be able to easily maintain an avg of 100kph for the entire trip,which means you would be able to drive long stretches at 120kph without any risks.

Sadly the only decent eating place would be at the Kurnool GHAR Dhaba which comes to your right before Kurnool town and the other option is the Gooty GHAR Dhaba but it is not at all well maintained,the third option is the Kamat Upachar before Chikballapur but the place comes to your right and sadly there is no break in the median anywhere near it,and it might be risky to cross the road in the night and leave the car unattended on the other side of the road.

The next day if you are leaving early,then dont bother going via the NICE road,you could easily drive through the city (Rajaji Nagar-Malleswaram-West of Chord Road-Basaveshwara Nagar-Vijayanagar-Mysore Road)
Old 10th September 2014, 19:19   #36
BHPian

Hi Guys

Bumping up an old thread , seeking some advice , all help will be greatly appreciated , I'm planning my holiday this November and currently looking at my options , will be flying to Hyderabad and plan to drive to Mysore and stay there for a night, onwards to Bandipur the following day , the issue is I will be picking up couple of my cousins from Bangalore (They stay in Marathalli ) and proceed on to Mysore straight away, I do not want to go into the innards of Bangalore to pick them up as I do not want to get stuck up in the traffic , currently thinking of asking them to come to the International Airport and make my way from there or go up to Hebbal to pick them up , my queries are as follows -

1) Are the pick up points sensible in terms of bypassing Bangalore and go to Mysore directly
2) Is Devanahalli - Doddaballapur - Neelamangala - Kenigeri the preferred route to bypass Bangalore
3) Any other routes suggested ??

Thanks in Advance
Vickzkool
Old 10th September 2014, 22:41   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
2) Is Devanahalli - Doddaballapur - Neelamangala - Kenigeri the preferred route to bypass Bangalore
Not Kengeri. But from Nelamangala take the Hassan high till Belur cross. After the toll exit and continue to Srirangapatna.

Yes this route is definitely worth it. Ask your cousins to come to airport. Start your rental from the airport.

Route Link
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 03:25   #38
BHPian

''Not Kengeri. But from Nelamangala take the Hassan high till Belur cross. After the toll exit and continue to Srirangapatna.

Yes this route is definitely worth it. Ask your cousins to come to airport. Start your rental from the airport.''

Ampere

Thank You for the quick reply , I will be driving my own car from Hyderabad , a question since I've hardly driven in India in the past few years , how different is the route from the Ramnagiri- Mandya or SH 209 , prefer to drive through scenic places and through forest, but good roads and sparse traffic is the main preference considering the low GC of Verna , once again thanks a lot for your inputs and look forward to hear from you

Regards
Vickzkool
Old 11th September 2014, 07:28   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickzkool View Post
Thank You for the quick reply , I will be driving my own car from Hyderabad , a question since I've hardly driven in India in the past few years , how different is the route from the Ramnagiri- Mandya or SH 209 , prefer to drive through scenic places and through forest, but good roads and sparse traffic is the main preference considering the low GC of Verna , once again thanks a lot for your inputs and look forward to hear from you
Since you are coming from the Hyd side, using NH209 (and not SH) would actually be a long detour. Because the NH209 runs around south west of Bangalore and you enter from North.

Even the suggested route option is quite good; no forests but lots of country side. Once you exit the 4 lane past Belur toll, you are treated to a nicely tarred 2-lane road. If you want to see some temples on the way, you have the temple at Melkote before Pandavpura.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 14:52   #40
BHPian

Hi,

I would be doing Hyd-Mysore this week on my car. Based on various threads looks like I have two options:

Route 1 (through B'lore)
Route 2 (bypass B'lore)

Considering that I will be hitting Devenahalli around 6PM on a working day (bypass B'lore) but family along with (no risk), unable to make a choice. (Any other better option?)

Please suggest.
Old 29th September 2014, 16:09   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhav22 View Post
Hi,

I would be doing Hyd-Mysore this week on my car. Based on various threads looks like I have two options:

Route 1 (through B'lore)
Route 2 (bypass B'lore)

Considering that I will be hitting Devenahalli around 6PM on a working day (bypass B'lore) but family along with (no risk), unable to make a choice. (Any other better option?)

Please suggest.
Bypassing Bangalore and taking the Devanahalli-Dodballapur-NH4-NICE Road makes much more sense if you are going to be reaching Devanahalli around 6pm.The Hebbal route is going to be choc-a-bloc with traffic.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 12:49   #42
BHPian

Hi ranjitp1,

Is this route that you are referring?:
Route 3
Old 30th September 2014, 14:23   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhav22 View Post
Hi ranjitp1,

Is this route that you are referring?:
Route 3
yes indeed,thats the route I was referring to
Old 1st December 2016, 10:22   #44
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread to find out the latest update on the Hyderabad - Mysore route. I would be leaving by 5:30 am in the morning.
Please find my queries as follows i.e.
1. Is this https://goo.gl/maps/T6P9mxb5Hut the best route as on date. Would it take around 11 hours?
2. Any pointers for breakfast and lunch breaks on the way?
3. Would this route be preferred on the way back as well.
4. Any other suggestions/feedback?

I would greatly appreciate responses to the same.
Old 1st December 2016, 11:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Bumping up an old thread to find out the latest update on the Hyderabad - Mysore route. I would be leaving by 5:30 am in the morning.
Please find my queries as follows i.e.
1. Is this https://goo.gl/maps/T6P9mxb5Hut the best route as on date. Would it take around 11 hours?
2. Any pointers for breakfast and lunch breaks on the way?
3. Would this route be preferred on the way back as well.
4. Any other suggestions/feedback?

I would greatly appreciate responses to the same.
Regarding food joints, you can check the Hyd Blr thread for details. For breakfast you have Hill Park which is around 70 kms from Raj Bhawan, or M Food Court that comes around 7 kms after it, on the same side of the road as your direction of travel.

And then there is Food Pyramid on the opposite side after around 45 kms from M Food Court. You could also drive into Kurnool town for breakfast.

After around 50 kms from Kurnool, there is a BPCL ghar dhaba on the left named GR Plaza. After another 50 kms, soon after the Kasepalli toll, you have Dasmesh dhaba (only veg) and Raviteja hotel on the left. A km away you have Reliance A1 dhaba on the right, which serves delicious idlies till 10 am. Another 2 kms away on the right you have Blue Moon hotel. And then near Chickballapur you have Kamat Uppachar on the right side.

If you're looking for posh ambience and decent restrooms, then M Food Court, Food Pyramid and Blue Moon hotel are the ones to visit. As for me, I visit those places for bio-breaks, but prefer cheaper and tasty food in Dasmesh dhaba (basic ambience) or Reliance A1 restaurant.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed