Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 23:18   #1
BHPian

Pune to Vadodara by road

Hi Folks,

I am planning Pune to Vadodara on 25th December with my wife and one year old kid by Road and back in few days. I own a Swift VXI ABS and have run 12000 kms all around pune in less than an year.

I need help/advice on the route and also the road condition with time taken between Thane and Vadodara. I have been to thane so know how to reach NH-8 via Ghorbander road. Need help after that as its the first time I am venturing on that route with my kid. Not sure of the road conditions today and also best places to set my logical breaks. I would be maintaining 100 kmph on average and plan to start morning 8 AM from Pune.

Thanks,
Nikesh
Old 19th December 2009, 00:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Lovely 4-lane road from Thane to Surat via Ghodbunder, Manor, Vapi, Valsad and Navsari. Expect high traffic between Ghodbunder and Manor, eases up after that. From Surat, fantastic 6-lane road all the way to Barodavia Ankleshwar and Bharuch.

All towns are bypassed.
Facilities are excellent in MH, little poor - for hotels - in GJ.
Entire road is toll road, expect to pay up to Rs 200 (excluding expressway from Pune).

I take 3.30 hrs for Thane-Surat and another 1.30 hours from there to Baroda. For slower-paced drivers, expect to take a whoile day to travel Pune-Baroda.

You can check out the following link - has my log book for the Thane-Baroda section also.

LADAKH Sep 2009 - hvkumar | Google Groups

GOLDEN QUADRILATERAL 2008 - hvkumar | Google Groups
Old 19th December 2009, 10:38   #3
BHPian

Nikesh,

Just follow what HV Kumar sir has mentioned, no more advise is needed after that. And those log books are so detailed, if one has the patience to go through them.

Enjoy and have a safe trip
Old 19th December 2009, 10:39   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Hi Folks,

I am planning Pune to Vadodara on 25th December with my wife and one year old kid by Road and back in few days. I own a Swift VXI ABS and have run 12000 kms all around pune in less than an year.

Nikesh
Did this route 2 weeks back by motorcycle: roads are good throughout and I was in Vadodara by 1730 even with longish breaks for breakfast (Kamats on NH8 near charoti) and Lunch after Surat (Silver something: nice place but overpriced).

since you are goin by 4 wheeler, you can take the expressway and shave off another couple of hours or so.
Old 21st December 2009, 12:05   #5
BHPian

@ Nikesh - I did the same route Pune-Vadodara three times in last one year with wife and 3 yr old. I cross 100 kmph very rarely; and avg driveable speed with traffic and my max driving speed are almost same thanks to good highways.

My exp.
1. Start from Pune (Aundh) - Around 4.00 am
2. Cross Mumbai in early hrs - Breakfast near Manor at Silver Miles (you can do google search for exact place) restaurant; Its a good family place with clean toilets. Its on your side of h/way to Vadodara, just before Kamath - its on opposite side. The time to reach there usually coincides with my son's wake up time and breakfast etc. Around 730 or 8 am. So that's convenient. I would recommend their buffet breakfast; around 90rs unlimited.
3. Reach Surat around 11.30 and have break / early lunch
4. Reach Vadodara around 1.30 or 2 pm. and Have family lunch with parents.

Highway throughout is in excellent condition.

As HVK sir mentioned expect traffic between Ghodbunder and Manor.

My average time from Pune to Vadodara is around 10.30 hrs. with two breaks as mentioned above. Total toll paid last time (Oct trip) was around 300+ Rs. + 140 Rs for Pune-Mum Exp.way.

So, Happy journey and have a safe drive.
Old 21st December 2009, 12:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Start Early

Hai Nikesh,

Enclosing herewith a trip log which is of 2007, but indicative of timings with exact distances. I agree with all others, no worries, you'd be able to make it nice and easy.

You'd see from my logs, your section highlighted in yellow, I've taken 10 hours with about 100 minutes break included to do this, the traffic was light and truck traffic low, so I could do good speeds.

One advise: Start early, 8 AM is too late, you'd head into thick traffic which will be irritating. Starting around 4- 5 AM gives you a clearn run of 150 - 200 kms, lots of time saved and tarmac covered.

Wish you happy journey,

--Ramky
=======

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikesh View Post
Hi Folks,

I need help/advice on the route and also the road condition with time taken between Thane and Vadodara. I have been to thane so know how to reach NH-8 via Ghorbander road. Need help after that as its the first time I am venturing on that route with my kid. Not sure of the road conditions today and also best places to set my logical breaks. I would be maintaining 100 kmph on average and plan to start morning 8 AM from Pune.

Thanks,
Nikesh
Attached Files
File Type: xls Abad-Tvm-Abad07.xls (44.5 KB, 911 views)

Last edited by ramkya1 : 21st December 2009 at 12:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks