Team-BHP - Road Route from Vashi To Nagpur
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Road Route from Vashi To Nagpur (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/72837-road-route-vashi-nagpur.html)

Dear TBhpians,

I am planning a road trip in my new scorpio from Vashi to Nagpur on 15th Jan . I would be going with my family .

I would request people who have travelled lately to share

1. Ideal route to Nagpur
2. Will want to halt for a night , which place to halt
3. Any suggestions of hotels etc ..
4. Total time and road conditions .

Also any T-Bhpians at Nagpur as i may relocate to that city for work .

Regards .. Kat

My FIL is located in Jalgaon, hence I've taken the following road numerous times, which would also take you to Nagpur.

1. Ideal route to Nagpur:
a. From Thane onwards take the Thane-Bhiwandi bypass
b. Road right upto Nasik is good, Kasara ghat section is one way now, and is fantastic to drive through.
c. Drive through Nasik city itself is quite tedious due to its' traffic especially 2-wheelers. Personally I plan my trip in such a way that I hit Nasik in the middle of the night. However the traffic does thin out once you cross municipal limits.
d. Nasik (Chandwad) to Dhule - "Maggaan" - a new highway has just been constructed. Please be on the lookout for diversions, and wrong-lane two-wheelers / bullock-carts.
e. At Dhule, Take a right at a big junction where two highways meet. Mumbai-Agra & Surat-Kolkatta. You are basically headed towards Kolkata. There onwards you'd notice a vast drop in traffic. Mostly trucks with numerous villages on-route. Nagpur is about 400 kms on this road. Follow the road-signs.
f. I've personally only driven upto Bhusawal.

2. Will want to halt for a night , which place to halt: Nasik/Igatpuri (110 kms into your journey), Dhule (320 kms), Jalgaon (410 kms) are ideal places. I'd personally recommend Jalgaon being a largish city.

3. Any suggestions of hotels etc :

4. Total time and road conditions .
Thane-Nasik outskirts: Generally good road, but loads of diversions. (Four-lane mostly)
Nasik-DHule: One of the best roads in MH, but again a few diversions towards the dhule end. (Four-lane mostly)
Dhule-Nagpur: Lesser traffic, but lots of farming villages. Watch the speed on this road, surprises are not uncommon (Two-lanes)

If you need any other information, please let me know.

There are 2 routes to go to Nagpur:

The conventional route is via Thane, Nashik, Dhulia, Jalgaon, Khamgaon, Akola and Amaravathi. You can check out this route in the following log book:

NORTH EAST 2009 - hvkumar | Google Groups

The other route is via Pune, Ahmednagar, Aurangabad, Jalna, Mehkar, Karanja, Wardha. You can trace this route in the following link:

CHATTISGARH 2008 - hvkumar | Google Groups

I find the first route a little better in facilities. Lot of portions are 4-laned in both routes.

I would suggest you take pune aurangabad mehkar yavatmal wardha nagpur route.

Road till aurangabad is complet four lane . Can be covered in flat six hours if you take the chakan bypass (appox 400 km) you can hault at night

aurangabad jalna (four lane work almost complet) jalna deolgaonraja road condition is not very great. There onwards mehekar karanja ...though road is not four lane but not much traffic , one can easily maintain avg speed of more than 70 .
Would suggest if you can pack your lunch before leaving in the morning.

Hi,

I will suggest, you take up the first route as suggested by Senior HVKUMAR.
Thane, Nashik, Dhulia, Jalgaon, Khamgaon, Akola, Amaravati and Nagpur.

The road from Thane to Nashik is in pretty good shape (except few diversions). Kasaara ghat is smooth as butter. Then from Nashik till Dhulia route is again pretty good.
As soon as you cross Dhulia (there's one under construction bridge in the middle of the city), cross this and move ahead till you reach a big square. Take a right, which goes to bhusaawal.

The road till Amravati is a mixed bag now :D. Good + underconstruction + single road.

As far as night-halt is concerned, I will suggest 'Hotel Manas' at Dhulia. Really good one. It's on the left side of the highway as soon as you start entering Dhule.

I would recommend the second route as I have done it more than a couple of times.

Get on the e-way and reach pune in no time. ideal would be to start from mumbai after work and halt at pune for the night. from pune take the road via ahmednagar, Aurangabad, jalna, deulgaon raja, mehekar, karanja, wardha (or amravati) and to nagpur.

A few small stretches between amravati and nagpur are in bad state. wardha may be better option.

Total time from pune to nagpur is about 11-12 hrs. to eat, while going to nagpur, jalna, aurangabad are good options.