Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 10:23   #1

Chennai - Mysore : Route Queries

Hi All!!

I am planning to go to Mysore on 14t Jan from Chennai..

Can you please let me know how to reach Mysore Road from Hosur without entering Bangalore city?

I have been hearing about the NICE Road...

I stayed in Bannerghatta Jungle Lodges couple of years ago...That time I took the diversion from Hosur road and went upto a certain distance on a really good 4-6 lane road but it was truncated at one point and I had to take a diversion through a really bad road to reach Bannerghatta..

Is this the samre road that is now called the NICE road?

Is there any other alternate route to reach Mysore road avoiding the traffic while entering Bangalore from Hosur?

Thanks.
Old 9th January 2010, 15:09   #2
BHPian

Chennai-Mysore route (within Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prem Ganesh View Post
Hi All!!

I am planning to go to Mysore on 14t Jan from Chennai..

Can you please let me know how to reach Mysore Road from Hosur without entering Bangalore city?

I have been hearing about the NICE Road...

I stayed in Bannerghatta Jungle Lodges couple of years ago...That time I took the diversion from Hosur road and went upto a certain distance on a really good 4-6 lane road but it was truncated at one point and I had to take a diversion through a really bad road to reach Bannerghatta..

Is this the samre road that is now called the NICE road?

Is there any other alternate route to reach Mysore road avoiding the traffic while entering Bangalore from Hosur?

Thanks.
The route you suggested is the way to go (still) - but trust me its not all that painful, not sure how it was when you travelled.

Get onto to the beautiful road that you suggested by taking a left from Hosur road (yes- it is the NICE road). Then drive for about some distance when the road gets truncated (as you suggest). This is because the connection onto rest of the NICE road is not done due to some dispute.

On the NICE road, take a right when the road ends abruptly, following everybody else ahead of you. Drive for about 2 km.

You will emerge on Bannerghatta road (by taking a left turn) after driving through a narrow not so well laid road, but not too bad considering its a short stretch. This place is called Gottigere. It will be a congested narrow stretch of Bannerghatta road here but the road widens as you travel further.

Once you are on Bannerghatta road, proceed in the direction of the national park just as you probably did earlier, except that you would find a right turn after about 1.5 km. You cannot miss it as the right turn is very prominent with the road connecting onto the NICE road.

You climb up and then end up at a toll gate where you need to pay toll till Mysore road. There would be approximately 2 exits after this point (1. Kanakapura road, 2. The unbuilt NICE road to Mysore). You wouod require to be alert and take a left at the 3rd exit to get onto the Mysore road. Be alert as you may miss this.

My guess is that this whole stretch should take you about 40 minutes in total (10 minutes on NICE road, 10 minutes in the mess, 20 minutes on NICE road till the Mysore road turn). Hope this helps.
Old 11th January 2010, 12:22   #3

Thank you so much.

I just got to know from one of the threads in this forum that the NICE road is blocked bcoz of some agitation by Deve Gowda.

Can you please confirm if i can still take this road?

Thanks.
Old 13th March 2016, 22:21   #4
BHPian

re: Chennai - Mysore : Route Queries

Hi. Has anyone tried an alternative route from Vellore to Mysore recently?
e.g.
(a) Palamaner - Mulbagal - Kunigal?
(b) Hosur - Anekal - Kanakapura - Malavalli? (not sure if decent road exists between Anekal and Kanakapura.

Got bored of the regular AH43 - AH275.

Planning this in mid-April, with family.

Thanks in advance.
Sridhar
Old 13th March 2016, 22:36   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibikote View Post
(a) Palamaner - Mulbagal - Kunigal?
This is a big roundabout.

Quote:
(b) Hosur - Anekal - Kanakapura - Malavalli? (not sure if decent road exists between Anekal and Kanakapura.
There are some nice options here, but again none I would suggest when with family.
Old 13th March 2016, 22:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is a big roundabout.
I guess it would be that when coming from Vellore... but it seems to be a suggested alternative to those doing Bangalore-Mysore by road, and thus wondered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There are some nice options here, but again none I would suggest when with family.
okay... tsk tsk...

Have to come back to Vellore... hope to do at least one way through an alternate route. Maybe the onward journey

Last edited by gibikote : 13th March 2016 at 22:54.
Old 13th March 2016, 23:03   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibikote View Post
Have to come back to Vellore... hope to do at least one way through an alternate route. Maybe the onward journey
Maybe try while return. Harohalli-Anekal-Hosur. It goes through a state forest behind the Bannergatta National Park. I have not been here of late. So cant say about the current road condition till Anekal.

At Anekal make sure you take the road to Hosur and not Attibelle. I expect the Anekal-Hosur road to be decent.
Old 21st June 2022, 11:21   #8
BHPian

A short vacation to mysore

Hi friends
Am planning to drive down from chennai to mysore with family for a short vacation during independence day weekend. Planning to visit palace, zoo & temples at srirangapatna and chamundi hills. Will try to afternoon squeeze in a safari at kabini or ranganathittu bird sanctuary. Kindly help with suggestions on routes, hotels and itineraries. Thank you.
Old 22nd June 2022, 21:18   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu7944 View Post
Kindly help with suggestions on routes...
Will answer partially.

Assuming you are coming via Krishnagiri - Hosur. After Hosur, get on to the NICE road at Electronic city and exit at Mysore road. And hit Mysore via that. You could get to see road expansion work happening on Bangalore - Mysore road, but never mind, it is easy to drive. Lots of restaurant options enroute. A2B at Bidadi, Kamat Lokaruchi at Ramanagara, Shivalli at Channapattana.. quite a lot. Choose one depending on your time slots.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 22nd June 2022 at 21:20.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 21:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Will answer partially.

Assuming you are coming via Krishnagiri - Hosur. After Hosur, get on to the NICE road at Electronic city and exit at Mysore road. And hit Mysore via that.
Yes. I also need to go to Electronic city to visit someone. Thanks. Any good coco pumps along the route and any hotels recommended for stay at mysore?
Old 22nd June 2022, 21:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.. any hotels recommended for stay at mysore?
Depends on what budget you are looking for. Windflower Resorts and Spa is one good place on a slightly higher expense.
Old 22nd June 2022, 22:03   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Depends on what budget you are looking for. Windflower Resorts and Spa is one good place on a slightly higher expense.
Not a resort. Makes me very lazy. Want to spend time exploring city than sit idle inside a resort. Looking at good 3 * or 4 * hotels.
Old 23rd June 2022, 01:56   #13
BHPian

You can consider Sandesh the Prince hotel, near Nazarbad , not a budget hotel but located in the heart of city and near to all major attractions.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 05:50   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not a resort. Makes me very lazy. Want to spend time exploring city than sit idle inside a resort. Looking at good 3 * or 4 * hotels.
There is Radisson's Country Inn close to Infosys Campus. (The more upmarket Radisson is also present right next to the Zoo in case you want something in the city).
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:38   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any good coco pumps along the route and any hotels recommended for stay at mysore?
There is a BPCL COCO near Channapatna along with Mcdonalds, https://goo.gl/maps/gncttuKT9Z4VMrqVA

There are multiple options within TN, but better to fill in KA as the fuel price is cheaper here by 7-8 rupees.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks