Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2010, 21:59   #1
BHPian

Chennai-Tirumala-Srisailam-Chennai Trip advice needed

Hi all,

I am planning to make a trip from Chennai to Tirumala to Srisailam and back to Chennai. Here is my plan

1) Start from Chennai on 21st (Thursday) noon.
2) Reach Tirumala on 21st Evening. I have already made bookings for accommodation in Tirumala for 22nd (Friday) and 23rd (Saturday).
3) Start from Tirumala on 23rd Morning - Reach Srisailam in evening (Saturday). Visit Ahobilam temple on the way.
4) Spend 1 day in Srisailam (24th, Sunday).
5) Start to Chennai on 25th (Monday).

I am familiar with the Chennai-Tirupati route. Here are some questions that I have.

a) What is the best route from Tirupati-Srisailam? How are the road conditions and how long will it take to reach Srisailam? Is Ahobilam on the way?
b) I still haven't made any bookings for accommodation in Srisailam. Any experience with the temple accommodation?
c) Is 1 day enough is Srisailam or would I need another day?
d) I searched and found that the return way to Chennai would be from Srisailam to Ongole and then take the GQ to Chennai. Is that correct? Could some one tell me how long it would take for the return journey, so that I can plan my start time accordingly?
e) Any precautions/plans do i need to take care of? How is the situation in Andhra with respect to the Telengana issue? Since it is closer to Republic day, I am hoping that things are normal now.

I will be traveling with my wife, 2 kids (one is 3 years and the other is 8 months), my parents and will be driving my i20.

Any help would definitely benefit me and is greatly appreciated.

P.s:- I searched the forums and found information from Chennai to Srisailam via the GQ but couldn't find any information from Tirupati to Srisailam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks