Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2010, 00:36   #1
BANNED

Romantic Destination Needed for a week

I will be getting married in mid feb .So i need to know some good destinations in India . I tried makemy trip , Yatra and few others but i am not getting the best bang for my buck. Budget is around 60K approx .
I reside in Delhi so i do not a destination up here as i wanna cover them later on in life .
Dates i am looking at are from 22 Feb approx for a week .
Please help .
Old 17th January 2010, 02:15   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I will be getting married in mid feb .So i need to know some good destinations in India . I tried makemy trip , Yatra and few others but i am not getting the best bang for my buck. Budget is around 60K approx .
I reside in Delhi so i do not a destination up here as i wanna cover them later on in life .
Dates i am looking at are from 22 Feb approx for a week .
Please help .
Kerala could be a good choice, and so could be Goa.
Since you are from Delhi, it is quite possible that you have already explored the Himachal area, like Manali, et al. Hence a trip to South, could be something new.
Goa is also a good Honeymoon destination.
Since your budget is 60k, why don't you try for some nice place abroad? Say like Singapore, Malaysia?
Old 17th January 2010, 02:38   #3
BANNED

Mods could you please move this thread to Route / Travel Queries - Team-BHP

Thanks
Old 17th January 2010, 05:12   #4
Senior - BHPian

You can either do Sikkim in that cost, or potentially try for Andamans.
Old 17th January 2010, 07:59   #5
Senior - BHPian

I suggest a week in Goa in an upscale hotel.

It really depends upon what each of you likes.If I was getting married to somebody I hardly knew, I will go to a place where nobody bothers us much. Meaning no "tourist" places.
Old 17th January 2010, 09:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

First of all, congratulations! I second the Andaman's idea. Great place and it fits your romantic mood.
Old 17th January 2010, 09:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Have you ever been to kerala.
The experience is worth it.
Try a short stay at Munnar coupled with Kumarakom and a night in a boat house.
Stay at a resort and do not stay in a hotel room - use a cottage or something that gives privacy and space.
Old 17th January 2010, 09:43   #8
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Head to the Lakshadweep Islands my friend. The sea is lovely, the beaches are pristine and the islands are less-crowded than Andaman or Goa or Kerala. Moreover it will be within your budget and will be a lifetime experience for sure. AFAIK, there are daily flights as well as ships from Cochin to Agatti. From Agatti one can easily go to Bangaram which is famous for its coral reefs.

Last edited by //M : 17th January 2010 at 09:46.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:32   #9
BANNED

Guys thanks for the suggestions . I had to discard international as the other half doesn't have a passport .Now i have been inclined on someplace that doesn't has too much traffic . So i believe Goa , Munnar , Kerala will be definitely crowded .

@phamilyman : Wouldnt sikkim be too cold now ?
@Mclaren Rulez : Thanks for the compliment .
@//M : Lakshwadeep is i myself seriously thinking about .Could you please tell how to route out 7 days from Delhi which will help me plan an itinerary .
Old 17th January 2010, 19:13   #10
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
@//M : Lakshwadeep is i myself seriously thinking about .Could you please tell how to route out 7 days from Delhi which will help me plan an itinerary .
I'm afraid I don't know much about Lakshadweep as I have never been there but I have read many reviews in magazines which rate it as a perfect honeymoon getaway. IMO you could fly to Cochin. There are daily flights to Cochin and the rates are quite low if you book now. From Cochin, you can get a good discount on the flight rates to Agatti if you book at the earliest. I just browsed through makemytrip.com and got the above info. From Agatti you can hire a ferry to Bangaram. Bangaram is the most popular and the most scenic island and you can spend atleast 3-4 days there. Alternatively you can spend 1 day in some other island out of the 36 islands and spend the rest 2-3 days in Bangaram. On the way back you can try the sea route to Cochin and get a flight to Delhi. The best option will be to consult a trusted travel agent over the itinerary. Also I hope TBHPians who have been to Lakshadweep will help with their inputs.
Old 17th January 2010, 19:34   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I suggest a week in Goa in an upscale hotel.

It really depends upon what each of you likes.If I was getting married to somebody I hardly knew, I will go to a place where nobody bothers us much. Meaning no "tourist" places.
+100 to this. A friend of mine gave me the same suggestion when I got married & it is very true. In my opinion, whether you knew your spouse before or not, it doesn't matter, I support vivek's point.
Old 17th January 2010, 20:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

First of all Congratulations and welcome to the club.
Rule out Lakshdweep. Getting there is a hassle and the stay is very primitive. If you are looking for the sun and sand option look no further than Andaman. Suits you perfectly. Plan it leisurely and you will remember it for a long time to come (not that you are not going to since you are getting married and will probably remember it for the rest of your life, lol). Just kidding mate. Have fun. Book early.
Old 17th January 2010, 21:29   #13
BHPian

Why don't you plan for 8 days (all star hotel accomidation ),srilanka honeymoon trip , must come around 55K for 2 , I tried it , the experience was lot better than most of the honey moon spots in INDIA.
you get 2 days in taj colombo , 2 days on a hill resort , 2 days in wild safari , 2 days in beach .I narrowed down on this after weighing maldives , Bali and 2 more places
I did it with Times travell .
Old 17th January 2010, 22:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Your better half can get tatkal passport and then srilanka would definitely be doable - a good/cheaper idea than lakshwadeep (though not as verdant).

Thrust - how cold is cold enough?
Old 17th January 2010, 22:01   #15
BANNED

Thanks guys for the help .
@Rovergen Passport a must and my other half doesnt have one .Even if i get it doen somehow through tatkal scheme i will also have to get the name changed in the new passport .
Also thanks for pointing out Times travel it looks much cheaper than makemy trip , yatra and others i was looking at.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks