Team-BHP - hampi - surat best route
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   hampi - surat best route (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/74384-hampi-surat-best-route.html)

I plan to do Hampi to Surat in March. Any advice on the best route for the same. i will be going with wife and kid... so safety is priority.
my ride is logan

Thanks in advance

Route 1:
Surat-Mumbai (NH8) - Mumbai-Belgaum (NH4), Turn left after flyover to take country road (decent condition): ask for road leading to Bagalkot/Badami. Badami can be your overnight halt. Day 2: after early morning sightseeing in Badami head for Patadakkal (some 20 kms away). After some more sightseeing continue down road to Hungund where you will meet up with the National Highway NH13. Turn right here and continue for 110 kms to Hospet. Hampi is around 8 kms from here.

Route 2:
NH8+NH4 upto Pune. Then take NH9 to Solapur. Turn right to join up with NH13 and continue to Hospet via Bijapur. Night halt in this case can be Bijapur.

My suggestion is to take Route 1 on the way out and Route 2 on the way back.

Hospet has some deluxe family type accomodation. Hampi itself has some nice offbeat ashram type acco which you can get for as low as 100 bucks a night. Not bad and very clean and basic, but I am not sure if kids are going to appreciate the basic comforts of the ashram.

Check out my trip logs if it helps:
Cougar-Rides Post Topic Deccan Odyssey 1 – Hampi & Badami

Cougar-Rides Post Topic Diwali ride to Hampi and Goa

If you want to visit only Hampi then the best route is

Surat - Mumbai (outskirts) - Thane - Navi Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Belgaum - Hubli - Gadag - Hospet - Hampi

In this route, road up to Gadag is in excellent condition and Gadag-Hospet is good to driveable condition.

if you also want to visit Badamp, Pattadakal, Aihole etc then follow the route no 1 proposed by my previous post.

@Amit : Are you coming to Surat? If yes then if you need any help in Surat feel free to PM me.

Thanks guys for your views...
@starvegabond .. google showed the fastest(least time) route via ahmednagar .. nashik from hampi to Surat. I was wondering how that route is in terms of road conditions and safety...

kunal thanks for your offer to help...

Nice blog ... cougar

by the way mine is going to be a one way trip from hampi to surat. I am leaving bangy for good and will take that route if I am not able to make a trip to Hampi by mid march... otherwise i would go bangy - mahabaleshpur- surat.

You can go from Surat via Navapur (NH6) till Dhulia, take NH3 till Malegaon and then go via Manmad, Shirdi, Ahmednagar and Karmala to Tembhurni (NH9). Continue on NH9 till Solapur, switch over to NH13 and via Bijapur you can reach Hospet/Hampi. On teh way, you cna also drop in at Pattadkal and Aihole. Roads are great till Tembhurni, after which construction work is on in NH9. NH13 was bad sometime ago, no idea about its present condition.

BTW, in case you are contemplating the Bombay-Belgaum route, I would suggest you continue on NH4 till Hubli - the road from there to Hospet (NH63) is in good condition now.

For a fast driver starting very early from Surat, you can do this drive in a long day without any overnight stopovers. In case you propose to stop, Solapur or Belgaum may be ideal, depending on the route you take.

Thanks HVKumar for the info.