Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 22:22   #16
BHPian

Kondhwa roads are not bad - just a small 0.5 km narrow stretch. Yes, pls take right on Lulla Nagar.
Relating to maps is always bit tricky. I would suggest you take hint from above two maps, and make yourself aware about turns etc on google maps.
Old 15th November 2010, 16:27   #17
BHPian

Selected this thread cause this one seems to be live (latest updates). Just did Pune-Shirdi-Shani Shignapur-Ramjan Gaon-Pune this week end.

Route:
Pune to Shirdi was by Sangamner - BAD BAD Roard. was stuck in three bum[er to bumper on the way and the road surface was also bad. Took 5.5 hours for the 183 Km drive!! (Started from Akurdi).

Way back was via Ahemednagar. This road (via Shirur) was excellent and could do 80-90 throughout. Could do better but thats my limit with family.

Over all a good trip and loads of fun.

Navigation:
Used Gmaps on my Samsung Pixon (GPS chip runs on GPRS .. grrrr!). But the free google maps and their service was awesome. Twice I deviated from the route (purple line) and it immediately informed me via the blue blinking dot (My location). Also on teh way back from Ranjangaon, I took the Chakan route since I had to reach Akurdi/ Dehu road and it helped as much as a local would. Only voice assistance and alternate route planning was not there.

So untill you get the navigator, this can suffice.

Cheers!
Old 26th August 2011, 11:07   #18
BHPian

Re: Bypassing Pune on Bangalore-Shirdi route

I need to reach Magarptta city from Bangalore, I should be reaching Pune at 6.30pm, which I am told is a nightmare and chances of getting lost or stuck is 100%.

I need help to bypass Pune main city to reach Magarpatta City and also need help to reach Mumbai Pune E Way the next morning. starting at 5 am.

Please help in route
Old 17th July 2012, 15:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
you can byepass pune by taking following routes
option1
satara-vathar station-lonand-nira-morgaon-supe-choufula-kedgaon-nhavara-shirur-nagar.

option 2
satara-vathar station-lonand-nira-baramati-daund-nagar.

both routes are two lane and some sections are patchy.
Route drawn on google. Having crossed Pune earlier, I have doubts going through the city. I am inclined to take the suggestion as above. Can someone say about the latest about this.I am starting tomorrow. I a prepared to do this on day rather than go through Pune.
If there exists something new, do let me know.
Old 17th July 2012, 16:36   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolingvoyager View Post
I am inclined to take the suggestion as above. Can someone say about the latest about this.I am starting tomorrow. I a prepared to do this on day rather than go through Pune.
Recently, bhpian Fouji from Banglore had done following route on the way from Banglore to shirdi and he found the route good.

Satara-right turn-vathar-lonand-nira-baramati-kurkumbh-dound-ahmadnagar-shirdi.

Search Fouji's travelogue for his remarks on the route.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 17th July 2012 at 16:38.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 16:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Route drawn on google. Having crossed Pune earlier, I have doubts going through the city. I am inclined to take the suggestion as above. Can someone say about the latest about this.I am starting tomorrow. I a prepared to do this on day rather than go through Pune.
The alternate to the Baramati route is to go till Pune and then get onto the Nagar Road(Pune-Ahmednagar) and then go on towards Shirdi.Pune-Nagar is a 4laned fast road.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...via=1&t=m&z=14
Old 17th July 2012, 18:27   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The alternate to the Baramati route is to go till Pune and then get onto the Nagar Road(Pune-Ahmednagar) and then go on towards Shirdi.Pune-Nagar is a 4laned fast road.

If you see what Ranjit mentions, by going via Pune, you dont lose any distance. Although it feels longer, its just 20km more than going via Phaltan/Baramati/Daund

At the same time you get 4-laned roads till Ahmadnagar, if you go via Pune.
And bypassing Pune I think is not that difficult.

Here are the two routes:

Via Pune

Via Daund

Last edited by ampere : 17th July 2012 at 18:39.
Old 29th July 2012, 10:28   #23
BHPian

Just Back from bangalore -> shirdi -> bangalore.
started early 6 AM from bangalore, halted same day at 6pm at karad - Pankaj Executives.
next day started 11AM and reached Shirdi by 6pm via chakan -> talegaon -> Sangammer -> loni -> shirdi - Drive did avoid the Pune maddning traffic, still took some 1 hrs to reach chakan once entered pune bypass with lots of traffic and crossings. Roads were good and after Chakan it was a breeze to reach Shirdi. Ghat section was troublesome to overtake as its precarious to overtake slow moving traffic.

Noticed a lot of drunk driving between kolhapur and Pune. 2 wheelers are precariously dangerous even when its raining. Return was again via a stop at karad. Pankaj executive is a nice place to halt awesome hotel/staff/food.
Old 29th July 2012, 14:18   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just Back from bangalore -> shirdi -> bangalore.
started early 6 AM from bangalore, halted same day at 6pm at karad - Pankaj Executives.
Why not Ahmadnagar? At least you get 4-lane till then. And I think it has much lesser traffic as well.
Old 30th July 2012, 18:28   #25
BHPian

Between Pune and Shirdi, going via Ahmednagar is always better option. Pune Nashik road is totally unpredictable. It can get jammed at slightest disturbance. Very high amount of traffic between Pune and Narayangaon is one reason and few accident spots, particularly one near Bota, is another reason. On a lucky day you can travel like breeze while on unlucky day you get stuck every now and then. Infact one of my friends from Nashik, travels to Pune via Kalwa to avoid the unpredictable nature of traffic conditions on Pune Nashik Road.

On the other hand Pune-Nagar-Shirdi road is 98% four lane and except last 20 odd kms from Kolhar to Shirdi, road conditions are excellent. Kolhar Shirdi section, although four lane is not very good surface for small cars, still one can travel at 60 kmph for most of the part.

I traveled on this road yesterday and it took me 3 hrs 20 minutes of driving time each way, to cover distance of 206 kms, not crossing 100 kmph.

Bypassing Pune, there are many options mentioned by our friends, one suggested by Ashish that takes - Katraj-Kondhwa-Phursungi-Hadapsar-Magarpatta-Ramwadi-Nagar road is safest where you are less likely to miss the turns.

If one want's to add more, one can turn right at Kapurhol, approx 8 kms after crossing Nira river and entering Pune district and visit Balaji temple at Ketkawale and Datta temple at Narayanpur and take the road to Hadapsar via Saswad-Dive ghat. (Just 2 kms more distance than going through Pune and You save on toll Rs. 70 also). That is the fastest way to reach Nagar Road bypassing Pune. Total distance from Kapurhol to reach Nagar road is approx 53 kms. (but will take 90 minutes during day time). From Nagar road junction to Shirdi is 190 Kms.
Old 30th July 2012, 18:46   #26
BHPian

Pune-Nashik road is in worst condition now. Traffic is high and surface is bad. Averaging 50 also bit difficult. I travelled on it last week and it took me 4 hours for Pune - Sangamner - Shirdi and 4.5 Hours for Nashik - Pune. Should have taken Ahmednagar route while going to Shirdi. While coming back I didn't have the option.
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:30   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Attachment 279389

Instead of turning off at Katraj, drive straight towards Bombay. Cross, the turn off to the Pune-Bombay expressway on your and continue on the 4-lane highway. You will cross Dehu road and the toll at Talegaon. Turn off at the Talegaon - Chakan road and drive straight through to Chakan and turn left to join Pune-Nashik road. Note: This road doesn't go via Ahmednagar and is much better IMO.
Planning to drive from Nasik to Belgaum via pune,
Is it advisable to drive thru Pune city from Shivajinagar - Swargate - Katraj , how will the traffic be at noon on weekday and how much time will it take to exit Pune city to join NH4.
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:58   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
Is it advisable to drive thru Pune city from Shivajinagar - Swargate - Katraj , how will the traffic be at noon on weekday and how much time will it take to exit Pune city to join NH4.
I would say it depends on the time of the day. But for a bypass I remember one of the TLs, the member took the Chakan option.

Route Link

Pune folks can comment and illustrate better.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:41   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
You need not go to Swargate from Shivajinagar and rather drive to Pune-Bangalore Bypass via the following routes:
  • From Garware Chowk after Jangli Maharaj Road(Shivajinagar) , take Shastri Road and turn right at the end of this road to connect to Sinhaghad road and drive on this road all the way till you find the bypass bridge ahead of you and take left and join this bypass towards Bangalore on NH4.
    OR
  • After Jangli Maharaj Road, you may again consider taking Karve road and join the bypass at Chandini Chowk
In case you want to try the Chakan route, please divert onto Dehu-Alandi road after Chakan and directly join the bypass at the Dehu Road end and drive one road to Belgaum.

http://goo.gl/maps/LJx2e

This will avoid lots of traffic in case you take the city route (depending the time of the day like ampere has mentioned).

Of all the three, the Chakan option will be worth considering if driving through the day.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You need not go to Swargate from Shivajinagar and rather drive to Pune-Bangalore Bypass via the following routes:
  • From Garware Chowk after Jangli Maharaj Road(Shivajinagar) , take Shastri Road and turn right at the end of this road to connect to Sinhaghad road and drive on this road all the way till you find the bypass bridge ahead of you and take left and join this bypass towards Bangalore on NH4.
    OR
  • After Jangli Maharaj Road, you may again consider taking Karve road and join the bypass at Chandini Chowk
In case you want to try the Chakan route, please divert onto Dehu-Alandi road after Chakan and directly join the bypass at the Dehu Road end and drive one road to Belgaum.

http://goo.gl/maps/LJx2e

This will avoid lots of traffic in case you take the city route (depending the time of the day like ampere has mentioned).

Of all the three, the Chakan option will be worth considering if driving through the day.
I dont mind taking a longer route than passing peak afternoon traffic in Pune keeping in mind the bad traffic on Nasik -pune route.
Plan to leave Nasik early around 5 am in morning so can touch chakan in 4-5 hours

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks